Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Georgia Aquarium
Posted by: DavidS
Date: December 18, 2005 12:51PM
[forums.macresource.com]

We just got back from the new aquarium. I bought annual passes for my wife, daughter, and myself (son is only 2 and free for the next year) online with a 20% off coupon (thanks Fatwallet).

We only had about a 5 minute wait to get in, but we made reservations for 9:00-10:00. We got there about 9:30. When we left (around noon), there was probably a 30-45 min wait to get inside. If you go, make reservations for early in the day.

The place is huge. There are 5 main exhibits with one having some hands-on stuff for the kiddos (and adults) - touching sharks, rays, etc.

The main tank with the 2 whale sharks is very impressive. They have lots of viewing windows of all sizes, including one that is set-up like a theater with someone talking about the different fish as they swim by the window..

The cafeteria was also nicer than most museum eating establishments and not too pricey.

Overall, I thought it was very well done. I look forward to going back again soon.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Georgia Aquarium
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 18, 2005 01:29PM
I'm going to an evening "thing" there in February and I am really looking forward to it. I don't know if they will let us go around the whole place or not, I really hope so. I think it will be fun to go around looking at all the fishes while dressed up in a ball gown. smiling smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: stephen
Date: December 18, 2005 05:31PM
I've heard a lot about it. I'm looking forward to seeing it sometime next year.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 18, 2005 08:43PM
I think BunBun will enjoy lokking at the fish. . .

;)
Date: December 18, 2005 09:37PM
Newton, maybe I can bring one home to her as a souvenir. :}

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 18, 2005 09:43PM
Will it fit in the pockets in your ball gown?
Date: December 18, 2005 10:30PM
I might have to slip it into the hubby's coat pocket. Or maybe, if it's small, it would fit in my purse. :}

Posted by: dwayne_bradley
Date: December 19, 2005 11:19AM
I was going to take my family there after Christmas but tickets are sold out for the entire week after Christmas! So much for that trip!
Posted by: DavidS
Date: December 19, 2005 06:57PM
It seems that they do have a limited number of walk-up tickets available for each time slot. Ours was sold out but there were plenty of people buying tickets at the window. They had a separate line for those with reservations.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 304
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018