advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Flexible light from USB port
Posted by: PeteJ
Date: December 18, 2005 01:10PM
Does anyone know who makes this product?

It's a very small light that has a flexible arm and gets power from a USB port. I guess it's used mostly to make the keyboard visible in the dark (like on long, overnight plane flights).

Thanks in advance,
Pete
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Flexible light from USB port
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: December 18, 2005 01:18PM
Kensington makes one.

[www.amazon.com]
Posted by: johnc
Date: December 18, 2005 01:19PM
Kensington makes the FlyLight.

I've got MCE's USB FlexLight.

I'd bet there are (at least) a few other manufacturers who offer similar products.
Posted by: Go To Top
Date: December 18, 2005 01:25PM
I use mine in heavy fog. Haven't used it in years.

A man who is of "sound mind" is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key.
(Paul Valery)
Posted by: onthedownlow
Date: December 18, 2005 01:32PM
There are so many of these out there. Just walk into a CompUSA, or any computer-type store.

I've even seen them at 'Dollar' stores now. I bought several last year from a CompUSA and Microcenter, for giving away, for around $3 a piece...a couple were under $2. Seriously.
Posted by: rexrzer
Date: December 18, 2005 04:47PM
You should be able to find a flexy-USB light for laptops at just about any computer store. They're trendy, and useful, and work well for their purpose. I started to use one with my Pismo PowerBook, and it comes in very handy. If you're ever late-night surfing in bed, like I sometimes do, using a USB light is a nice way to not disturb your mate. The light in mine is plenty strong for reading documents, and I find it's one of my most used peripherals.

What's the difference between reality and fiction? Fiction has to make some sense.
Posted by: 3d
Date: December 18, 2005 06:01PM
Yup, CompUSA. OfficeDepot, OfficeMax, etc... has a selection of them. I bought a bunch of them last year as cheap little Christmas gifts to give to coworkers in the office. USB flexi-lites and flexi-fans. I seem to remember the Kensington version of the flexi-lite was more expensive than the generic version. I went with the generics.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 272
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018