advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $108.00 ( +1.02 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
FIRE sale!. . .Unlocked FIREfly cell phone for kids $4.99 @ 1saleaday.com. . .
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 22, 2009 02:29PM
. . .these are supposed to be good for kids. . .not much time left. . .about 4 hours left. . .

NOTE: This site can be slow to ship. . .2-3 weeks even though they say 'it was shipped.'

. . .dual band. . .

Unlocked Firefly cell phone for kids $4.99 @ 1saleaday.com. . .

Just put in a Sim card! The Firefly phone is a mobile phone specially designed for younger kids. Features five buttons on the faceplate, which are picture coded and designed to be pre-programmed by parents. The Firefly phone is kid friendly in design and has a clip for attaching to backpacks.

The five buttons on a Firefly phone consist of green and red call buttons to begin and end a call, and mom and dad buttons with symbols similar to those used on public restroom doors to indicate gender. There is also a directory button that will hold up to 20 numbers programmed by mom or dad. On the side of a Firefly phone is a 911 assistance button. The Firefly phone is designed to be simple enough for a child to use and durable enough to withstand normal use by a child. Sports 5 animations to choose from and 7 LCD screen backlight colors.

Many parents find value in being constantly connected to their kids, especially when children start preschool or kindergarten and spend part of their day at school and part of their day at daycare. With a Firefly phone, parents can provide a simple way for kids to reach them at work without needing to remember numbers. It also prevents older children from calling friends unnecessarily and racking up expensive bills.

what's a matter with kids...to...day.....!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 02:48PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: FIRE sale!. . .Unlocked Firefly Cell Phone Great for kids $4.99 @ 1saleaday.com. . .
Posted by: JPK
Date: January 22, 2009 02:46PM
Cool, I have been thinking about something just like this for my kids.

Does AT&T have programs tailored to this or can I get a pay as you go card? This is uncharted territory as my company provides me a cell phone and I am not hip to the whole cell phone package thing.

JPK
Re: FIRE sale!. . .Unlocked FIREfly cell phone for kids $4.99 @ 1saleaday.com. . .
Date: January 22, 2009 02:49PM
. . .you just need a pay as you go SIM from T-mobile or AT&T (or 7-11 Speakout which uses at&t). . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 03:42PM by NewtonMP2100.
Re: FIRE sale!. . .Unlocked FIREfly cell phone for kids $4.99 @ 1saleaday.com. . .
Posted by: kj4btkljv
Date: January 22, 2009 03:49PM
Don't you mean 4 DAYS left, not 4 HOURS left?

Jeff
Date: January 22, 2009 03:54PM
. . .oops. .. you are correct. . .sorry for the error. . .i speed read it. . .and usually there stuff is one a day. . .

Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: January 22, 2009 04:59PM
My sister in law had previously given one of her old verizon phones to my 82 yo MIL. It quickly proved to be to difficult for her to use and was heavy & bulky so she rarely even bothered to carry it!

I grabbed one of these last time they had them on sale. We put a prepaid sim in it, programmed in all the family numbers, gave it to her & SHE LOVES IT! The 4 main buttons are programmed for her four children and the phone is so simple to use she can even retrieve her messages which she was NEVER able to do with the old phone!

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 04:59PM by Harbourmaster.
Posted by: wowzer
Date: January 22, 2009 05:29PM
I'm intrigued by the prepaid plans...do the minutes ever run out or do they just roll over month after month? I'm thinking of one of these to allow my kids to call me in cases of emergencies only.

All I ever really needed to know, I learned from watching Star Trek.
Date: January 22, 2009 09:22PM
. . .ususally the prepaid minutes will roll-over as long as you load a refill card on them before the expiration date. . .

for t-mobile if you load $100 you become a gold reward member and it doesn't expire for 1 year. . then you just refill the lowest denomination and it will expire in a year. . .

. . .not familiar with at&t's plan but t-mobile's seems to be the best. . .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2009 09:24PM by NewtonMP2100.
Date: January 22, 2009 09:36PM
. . .forgot to mention shipping if $4.99 per phone. . .even if you buy more than 1. . .still $4.99 per phone. . .

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login