Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $519.01 ( +1.05 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
How to combine multiple jpg scans into one PDF
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: January 26, 2009 07:48AM
Anyone ever figure out a way to take multiple jpg scans (of a lease in this case) and turn them into one PDF document.

I could redo the scans as PDFs if that would help. I can actually get Preview to open up all the scanned pages at once and it appears like it's all one document. But when I go to save, it just saves the top page.

Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core tower, 14G RAMMavericks 10.9.xDual 24" ViewSonic LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: How to combine multiple jpg scans into one PDF
Date: January 26, 2009 07:52AM
Never mind. I figured out how to do it with Acrobat Pro.

I'm presuming you can't do it with Preview...

Mac Pro 2.8Ghz Quad-Core tower, 14G RAMMavericks 10.9.xDual 24" ViewSonic LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 26, 2009 08:03AM
Import (place or something like that) into WORD and then make a pdf out of the WORD doc.
Date: January 26, 2009 08:11AM
samintx
Import (place or something like that) into WORD and then make a pdf out of the WORD doc.

oh that's right. I've actually done that in the past. I'd forgotten that tip. tnx, samintx

Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: January 26, 2009 08:14AM
I Leopard Preview just drag the additional ones on top of the first one. You may have to do it on the sidebar.
Date: January 26, 2009 08:18AM
Ken Sp.
I Leopard Preview just drag the additional ones on top of the first one. You may have to do it on the sidebar.

I can do that drag method, and they all show up in the sidebar and appear like they're now one doc, but when I go to Save As, only one page gets saved.

Posted by: JEBB
Date: January 26, 2009 08:31AM
I've done that many times with Appleworks. It even lets me change the size to the images. I can't recall if I got them there by dragging or via copy and paste. I should think that you can do that with many word processors.
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: January 26, 2009 08:36AM
I use either Acrobat or pdflatex depending on the needs of the project.
Posted by: blusubaru
Date: January 26, 2009 10:28AM
This can be done in Automator. I wrote an app fairly quickly.
Posted by: tenders
Date: January 26, 2009 12:53PM
tuqqer
Ken Sp.

I can do that drag method, and they all show up in the sidebar and appear like they're now one doc, but when I go to Save As, only one page gets saved.

I THINK that after you do that (convert jpg to pdf) you can do it again--joining the pdfs in Preview to get what you want.
Posted by: Monster
Date: January 26, 2009 09:29PM
In Preview I just drag all images into the sidebar, then select all in the sidebar, and print to PDF.

The Taoist Zhuangzi said, "Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone".
The sociologist, and historian, Adam Ferguson described the phenomenon of spontaneous order in society as the "result of human action, but not the execution of any human design".
Date: January 26, 2009 09:34PM
Monster
In Preview I just drag all images into the sidebar, then select all in the sidebar, and print to PDF.

Dude. Dude! That's it. That's what I was looking for. I knew there must be a simple system. thanks.

Posted by: Ken Sp.
Date: January 27, 2009 12:02AM
Posted by: Monster
Date: January 27, 2009 01:39AM
your welcome

The Taoist Zhuangzi said, "Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone".
The sociologist, and historian, Adam Ferguson described the phenomenon of spontaneous order in society as the "result of human action, but not the execution of any human design".
Posted by: danny rough
Date: May 15, 2013 10:53PM
I do this almost daily. I use a PDF merger driver found on the internet . Install it and it becomes a selectable merger option.Then you can merge PDFs to one in any program at all, including Adobe Acrobat . Just open PDF files, select merge, the task will be finished in several seconds. if you haven't found a good choice , you can have a try. best wishes.
Posted by: darelldd
Date: December 16, 2013 01:25AM
I give up. How does one "print to PDF?" All I see (after selecting ten jpgs) is "print" in the File pull-down.

Now, I HAVE figured out how to do this, though it is not 100% obvious. When I choose "print" from the file pull-down, in the lower left there is a "save to PDF" button. It works!

But how are others seeing "print to PDF?"
Posted by: fhimage
Date: March 06, 2014 09:35PM
using save to pdf button is convenient. but do i need to combine jpg images before saving to pdf. or i directly save to pdf?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login