advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Re: Ahem...RUN YOU FOOLS!!!...Vizio 32" 1080P LCD HDTV ~ $100 + tax (free shipping) @ Dell
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: February 26, 2009 04:51PM
Wailer
Carnos Jax
Same here everyone. I ordered within 5 minutes of the post on Slickdeals. No cancellation yet, still says "In Production" with 3/6 delivery.

What?! You ordered and then posted here hours later? What kind of nice guy are you? wink smiley

My router seems to choke on slickdeals so I wouldn't have seen it in time and I don't read FW forums. Thanks (even if I don't wind up with one).

Oh no, I thought I posted immediately after I ordered. So I would've thought that meant people here got wind of the deal within several minutes of the post on Slick deals. (^_^)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ahem...RUN YOU FOOLS!!!...Vizio 32" 1080P LCD HDTV ~ $100 + tax (free shipping) @ Dell
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: February 26, 2009 04:54PM
It might also be that they are clearing the retail channel for a new model... The Vizio site lists the current model number as VOJ320F When you click on the "Tech Specs" link and look at "What's in the Box" you see VOJ320F1A FHDTV The Dell item was simply listed as VOJ320.

FWIW mine still says: Order Status: In Production

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Date: February 26, 2009 04:54PM
UPDATE: Just received a phone call from Dell confirming the orders. They said they were with the credit card verification department. I said hells yeah (though there is a slight complication with my order, though I think I'll let it lie, since I don't want to speak to the customer service department lest they catch wind of it being 'too good' of a deal!
Posted by: Wailer
Date: February 26, 2009 05:18PM
I wasn't sure what phone # I have "on file" with my credit card but they haven't called the one I gave to them.

End of month sales boosting...Vizio clearing out model...

Oh man...Someone stop me. Must. Not. Start. To. Believe.
Date: February 26, 2009 05:35PM
Well, FWIW, they didn't use the number (mobile) I gave them either. Plus I checked out as a guest, instead of using my normal account (couldn't remember my account details in the rush to order). They used my house phone, which I'm guessing they got from some previous order of mine. I wonder if they did that to say they tried to call me to verify the order, and then cancel saying I didn't call back in time. The only thing that saved me in that case was the fact my brother was home to get the message...and he was aware of the deal.
Posted by: space-time
Date: February 26, 2009 06:47PM
no cancellation email here (yet), I received confirmation email at 10:06 PM EST

how many did you guys order? I'm in for 1
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 203
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020