advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
MY first post on a mini 9
Posted by: zeppo2
Date: March 28, 2009 10:59AM
Ok, I gave in to peer pressure. Got a refurb for $169 (bare bones). Upgraded memory this morning. Very cute machine, and cannot wait to install OS X (waiting for run core SSD). My first impressions are that this is an amazing deal, but it definitely feels like a cheaper build than my MacBook Air or my wife's MacBook, but whadda you expect for the price? Has anybody tried the GPS hack running apple software?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: MY first post on a mini 9
Posted by: guitarist
Date: March 28, 2009 11:10AM
zeppo, you're among the lucky few who have a MacBook Air, right on. Gotta respect a man who enjoys fine caviar, and a tuna sandwich. Rare to find a member who owns both of these machines, pretty cool.
Date: March 28, 2009 11:20AM
To be honest, the mini is eventually going to go to my son, who currently takes over my Air every chance he gets. I absolutely love the Air, by the way. I am a writer and teacher who is always on the road, and the Air is, to me, the perfect writing machine for traveling. Then again, I do like to spread caviar on top of my Costco Albacore tuna sandwiches.
Posted by: DaviDC.
Date: March 28, 2009 11:23AM
Once you install OS X, the Dell mini 9 will think it's a MacBook Air.

Date: March 28, 2009 11:32AM
DaviDC.
Once you install OS X, the Dell mini 9 will think it's a MacBook Air.

Good point, I put Premium gas in my Honda Civic, and it thinks it's a Ferrari.
Date: March 28, 2009 11:37AM
Maybe that explains this forums fascination for the mini. It's a Dell piece of @#$%& that dares to dream that it's something better. It's kind of like the movie Rudy, but for laptops.
Posted by: DaviDC.
Date: March 28, 2009 12:14PM
guitarist
Good point, I put Premium gas in my Honda Civic, and it thinks it's a Ferrari.

A '57 Ferrari?
[www.luxist.com]

Date: March 28, 2009 12:37PM
Damn, that's fine-looking car.

My comment wasn't completely honest. My Honda Civic is actually an '06 Si. It's designed to take premium.

It's a budget version of a performance car, feels like a Turbo (iVtech gives it the boost, but it's naturally aspirated) and was a critic's darling when it came out in '06. A high-revving tuner car. Made for guys much younger than me, makes a lot of noise when revving, great acoustics.

But still, an affordable Japanese car, with Honda's legendary durability and low maintenance costs.

But MAN, that Ferrari looks sweet. Or as the car geeks would say, "sick". If I was a rich man, I'd want one.
Posted by: BernDog
Date: March 28, 2009 12:54PM
zeppo2
Maybe that explains this forums fascination for the mini. It's a Dell piece of @#$%& that dares to dream that it's something better. It's kind of like the movie Rudy, but for laptops.

Maybe more like Lucas.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 117
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020