advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Best source for 20" iMac G5 (non-iSight) power supply?
Posted by: D. Lawson
Date: April 07, 2009 09:59PM
My 20" iMac G5's power supply blew last night. Fortunately, it didn't take anything else with it. I have the same model at work, and was able to do a quick (but temporary) swap just to make sure the power supply was the culprit. The iMac booted up just fine with the other power supply.

I now need to find a replacement one relatively quick, and preferably cheap, as I plan on keeping this iMac for only a few more months. From what I've been able to gather, I can use the power supply from the first revision iMac G5 or the "ambient light sensor" model, but not the iSight models or later. The best option I've found for a new unit is around $130 shipped from DVWarehouse, whom I have dealt with before. I am not opposed to picking up a used/refurbished unit if the price is right, but there is only one on eBay at the moment.

If anyone has any suggestions and/or has an old 20" iMac G5 to part out, I am all ears.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Best source for 20" iMac G5 (non-iSight) power supply?
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: April 07, 2009 10:17PM
DVWarehouse power supplies aren't new. No such thing. Either a refurb or used.
Posted by: artie67
Date: April 07, 2009 11:36PM
I purchased one in December from DVWarehouse that was in a "very original" Apple box with proper packaging. It had "Apple" stickers and really looked like a new unit. Put it a friends IMac and is working great. Just don't look at Google Maps at their location....worked for us..
Posted by: AAA
Date: April 08, 2009 06:58AM
You made me look.
It just looks like some artwork to me.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 218
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018