advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
maytag ............. an era is over
Posted by: madcoyote
Date: April 17, 2009 04:06PM
just spent 45 minutes on the phone with maytag customer service......
ho ho ho ha ha ... they call it customer support.. he he ha ho
the staff must laugh themselves silly every nite when they go home .

because of their mistake in servicing my freezer /frig for a recall notice that it could catch on fire?
i lost 350.00 worth of food. they are sending me a check for 100.00 for....
get this " thanking me for my time"
so i am still out 250.00 . this is sad not because this is their response but because i have come to expect nothing better from them.

permit me to offer a prayer from one of many unfortunate maytag owners....

dear appliance god, please have pity on me . at present every appliance in the house is maytag.... i see the future and it is black as midnite.

i learned my lesson.... the reason you never see the maytag repairman is because they murdered him and hired some dink off the street to screen calls at corporate instead.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: maytag ............. an era is over
Posted by: mikebw
Date: April 17, 2009 04:09PM
The only Maytag appliance I have is a dishwasher... I wonder what's the worst thing that a dishwasher could do to the dishes inside?
Posted by: Kiva
Date: April 17, 2009 04:19PM
I was under the impression they were owned by whirlpool now...?

----------------------
Posted by: zeppo2
Date: April 17, 2009 04:19PM
Just be glad it wasn't Sears. They would have admitted it was their fault but offered nothing, which is what happened to me with a defective washer. The list of places that I refuse to shop at is growing so long that I'm afraid after awhile I won't be able to buy anything in person that isn't carried by Costco's or Trader Joe's. (God, I sound like a cranky old man).
Posted by: guitarist
Date: April 17, 2009 04:22PM
You mean the era of misleading TV commercials?

That's over?
Posted by: billb
Date: April 17, 2009 04:23PM
mikebw
The only Maytag appliance I have is a dishwasher... I wonder what's the worst thing that a dishwasher could do to the dishes inside?

The worst thing it could do would probably be outside the washer to the rest of your house. Like having the external water valve decide to leak while you were on vacation .
We had a brand new kitchen aid do that.
It has also been repaired 3 times in the first 9 months of ownership.
Kitchen aid sends a little post card wanting to know if you were happy with the warrantee repair , but the questions they ask sure do make it seem that what they really are doing is confirming the parts the dealer requested from Kitchen Aid to replace were actually replaced.
That's when the crappy two part perforated card actually makes it to the consumer in one piece.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2009 04:25PM by billb.
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: April 17, 2009 04:29PM
Do you have a "consumer advocate" affiliated with the local newspaper or TV Station?

They love stuff like that!

Good Luck.

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: Panopticon
Date: April 17, 2009 05:55PM
Kiva
I was under the impression they were owned by whirlpool now...?

Yep, Whirlpool Corp. owns Jenn-Air, Amana, Brastemp, Consul, Bauknecht, Gladiator, KitchenAid, Roper, Magic Chef, and Maytag.
They also private label for several retailers.

Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: April 17, 2009 06:00PM
billb
The worst thing it could do would probably be outside the washer to the rest of your house. Like having the external water valve decide to leak while you were on vacation.

This is why I started turning off the water to the house whenever we leave for overnight trips. No disasters yet and I want to keep it that way.
Posted by: CJsNvrUrly
Date: April 17, 2009 06:03PM
madcoyote

i learned my lesson.... the reason you never see the maytag repairman is because they murdered him and hired some dink off the street to screen calls at corporate instead.

Sorry about your plight, but I had to LOL when I read "dink." I haven't heard that term in a lonnnnnnng time!

bunny smileyCentral VA
Posted by: hal
Date: April 17, 2009 06:21PM
I sure as hell wouldn't give your $350 because you say you deserve it. Got receipts? No? Then $100 ain't bad....
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 18, 2009 08:32AM
STF for my dishwasher FIRE that would have taken my house down if it wasn't for my young son noticing the problem. Round and round with the company's call center. In India. I was tempted to use my limited collection of Hindi curse words.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: April 18, 2009 09:57AM
[forums.macresource.com]

cbelt3
STF for my dishwasher FIRE that would have taken my house down if it wasn't for my young son noticing the problem. Round and round with the company's call center. In India. I was tempted to use my limited collection of Hindi curse words.
Posted by: mrthuse
Date: April 21, 2009 10:45AM
As for being out the extra $250...

An old freezer finally died about 5 years ago while we were away on vacation. Yup, it was full at the time. No, it wasn't the freezer manufacturer's fault - the machine was just over 40 years old.

Called up my homeowners insurance agent and told her what had happened. She asked me to approximate the loss ( sent her a digital image) and she sent a check for over $500 after deductible. YMMV, but contacting homeowners can't hurt, no?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020