advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
here ye, HERE ye (hairy)..PALMS!. . .HERE it is..the new PALM Pre will be going on sale. . .
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 19, 2009 03:07PM
. . .on June 6. . .

Sprint says Palm Pre to go on sale June 6

. . .Sprint Nextel Corp. plans to start selling Palm Inc.'s much anticipated new smart phone, the Pre, on June 6 for $200. The device could give Palm a needed boost in sales and help Sprint stop the defection of subscribers to other wireless carriers.

The price — which requires a new two-year service plan and a $100 mail-in rebate — and the launch date are both close to what industry watchers were expecting.

The Pre, which looks like an iPhone but sports a slide-out keyboard in addition to a touch screen, is seen as Palm's chance of reversing a long slide and taking on newer smart phones like the iPhone and BlackBerry. . .

the story. . .

Palming effect. . .see for yourself. . .

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2009 03:25PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: here ye, HERE ye (hairy)..PALMS!. . .HERE it is..the new PALM Pre will be going on sale. . .
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 19, 2009 04:02PM
As cool as the Pre seems to be (and as much as we need more competition in the cellphone arena), the price (without the rebate) is $100 more than the iPhone, without all the apps, and then you're stuck with (shudder) Sprint, a carrier which seems most attractive to the cheap-above-all bunch.

I hope it does well- I really do. But I'm not holding my breath.
Re: here ye, HERE ye (hairy)..PALMS!. . .HERE it is..the new PALM Pre will be going on sale. . .
Posted by: sekker
Date: May 19, 2009 09:05PM
Rumor is it comes with a palm OS emulator - which is a bunch of apps
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 214
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020