advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
G5 Agony follow-up
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: March 30, 2006 08:06AM
Ok...I won't even bore you with my last 2 posts regarding my new (to me) OWC G5. Suffice it to say, it was returned and I now have a nice shiny new (to me) G5 in its place. Many thanks to OWC Larry for working with me and helping me get this square. If only all businesses where as helpful.

At any rate, I never figured out the problem with the initial G5. However, I had no frame of reference for G5 behavior as this was my first. Now that I have the replacement, I noticed a HUGE difference between the two. The first one that had all the KPs was LOUD LOUD LOUD. Fans were on A LOT. Now, like I said, I had never used a G5 so i didn't know that was NOT right. The new one I have is near whisper quiet. At any rate, I've installed my new 300 gb seagate (w/SSC disabled), installed a fresh Tiger, and will probably migrate stuff tonight.

I just hope I haven't jinxed myself by letting you all know that everything is AOK before I've actually started using the G5 fully. All indications are that it will be good. Thanks again to OWC.

Posted by: spearmint
Date: March 30, 2006 08:16AM
OWC rocks! Now I need some money to buy stuff.

Da Good Life
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: G5 Agony follow-up
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 30, 2006 08:57AM
Which stripper delivered it?

Re: G5 Agony follow-up
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: March 30, 2006 11:18AM
I believe it was "Hanging Chad".

My life goes smoothly and in regular intervals
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 264
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018