Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: MacUpdate Bundle 5
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: May 28, 2009 06:07AM
agree smiley

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: Doc
Date: May 28, 2009 06:17AM
'Might be nice for someone who didn't get TTP 5 or Parallels in one of the earlier MacHeist or MacUpdate bundles.
Posted by: Monster
Date: May 28, 2009 07:08AM
Wasn't the Macheist TTP version 4.5.3 - which isn't compatible with Leopard?
Was a Leopard compatible version in a past MacUpdate bundle?

The Taoist Zhuangzi said, "Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone".
The sociologist, and historian, Adam Ferguson described the phenomenon of spontaneous order in society as the "result of human action, but not the execution of any human design".
Posted by: rz
Date: May 28, 2009 07:21AM
Really? I'm actually going to buy it. I haven't bought parallels since v2, and I'm not sure it even still works on my Macbook. TTP may be semi-useful. And I just got my Fujitsu ScanSnap installed, so Paperless might be useful.
Posted by: Doc
Date: May 28, 2009 07:27AM
Monster
Wasn't the Macheist TTP version 4.5.3 - which isn't compatible with Leopard?

Yeah. I think you're right.

Then again, I don't run TTP for drive-diagnostics. I only use it for hardware tests when I don't have access to an Apple Hardware Test or Service Diagnostic disc/image. IMHO, using TTP for anything other than a hardware-check is asking for trouble.

Then there's that cr@p they install surreptitiously on your computer (background app and pref pane) and the edit to the loginwindow.plist file (which is a security hole that Apple should F-ING CLOSE) if you run it while booted from your HD instead of the CD.
Posted by: Big Daddy Cool
Date: May 28, 2009 08:12AM
RZ, If you need paperless, it's like getting the other apps for free, so I say go for it. I already own a few of those apps, so not worth it to me.
Posted by: Kramerica
Date: May 28, 2009 08:21AM
Seems like useful stuff to me, and not filled with as many games or novelty apps as some of the bundles are. I'll likely bite.

Btw, BestBuy charges $150 for TTP alone!
Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: May 28, 2009 08:22AM
Yup, I'd like to have the latest TTP, and I also want Posterino, and the DVD-ripping apps look interesting. Worth $50 for me.
Posted by: TheTominator
Date: May 28, 2009 10:55AM
The only things in the list that draw my interest are the DVD processing apps that do the job of MTR and Handbrake.

Does anybody have experience with RipIt and DVDRemaster Pro to comment on whether they would be worthwhile replacements for MacTheRipper and Handbrake?

The only specific issues I have now with MTR and HB is that it is sometimes difficult ripping episodes from commercial DVD sets containing a TV series. And when I make H.264 videos for my iPod, the chapter breaks made by HB cause a few seconds of silence in the audio at the break when played back.
Posted by: testcase
Date: May 28, 2009 12:48PM
They used to offer multiple bundle discount but, I didn't see that option. I emailed them 30 minutes ago but haven't heard back yet. If they advise that deal is still on, I'll post back.
Posted by: olnacl
Date: May 28, 2009 03:32PM
TheTominator
The only things in the list that draw my interest are the DVD processing apps that do the job of MTR and Handbrake.

Does anybody have experience with RipIt and DVDRemaster Pro to comment on whether they would be worthwhile replacements for MacTheRipper and Handbrake?

The only specific issues I have now with MTR and HB is that it is sometimes difficult ripping episodes from commercial DVD sets containing a TV series. And when I make H.264 videos for my iPod, the chapter breaks made by HB cause a few seconds of silence in the audio at the break when played back.

I have DVD Remaster (upgraded to 5.0 before the deal - just my luck) and I find it excellent. OTOH, I don't do much DVD ripping. It filled the space that Mac the Ripper left when they stopped updating. I believe RipIt just takes the place of Fairmount.

Posted by: D. Lawson
Date: May 28, 2009 05:26PM
Doc
Might be nice for someone who didn't get TTP 5 or Parallels in one of the earlier MacHeist or MacUpdate bundles.

I am strongly considering it just for these two programs. (Late Intel adopter.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 119
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018