advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Dell monitor deals; which would you choose? Or do you have a better deal?
Posted by: DjS
Date: May 28, 2009 08:28PM
Which of these deals at Dell.com would you pick? Or does someone have a better deal on a monitor for less than $200.

Dell UltraSharp 2208WFP 22-inch Widescreen Black Flat Panel Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand $229 - $40 - extra 10% off coupon = $170

[accessories.us.dell.com]

Samsung 2333SW 23-inch Widescreen Black Flat Panel LCD Monitor regular $279.99 on sale for $179.99 after coupon 10% off (VBGH?K188CBWMC) $161.99

I can't deal with my flakey Soyo TopazS 24" any longer! Need to buy new one now!
<[forums.macresource.com];

Tiger got to hunt,
Bird got to fly;
Man got to sit and wonder, "Why, why, why?"
Tiger got to sleep,
Bird got to land;
Man got to tell himself he understand.

from The Books of Bokonon
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Dell monitor deals; which would you choose? Or do you have a better deal?
Posted by: Robert M
Date: May 28, 2009 08:52PM
DjS,

Did you check the price of the 24" 2408WFP? It's an awesome display! It's got a VA panel and considered one of the best 24" displays on the market and offers a tremendous bang for the buck. I bought one a couple of months ago and don't regret the choice at all. I love it!

Also look into the 2209WA. This is what I'd have if I hadn't gone with the 2408WFP. The 22" 2209WA is an IPS display and again considered one of the best displays in its size. I'd definitely look into both of these before making your decision.

Nearly forgot... If you're a member of AAA, you may be able to get a 6% discount, too. (I think it's a 6% discount). You'll have to check the AAA web site for details.

Robert

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2009 09:05PM by Robert M.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 28, 2009 08:53PM
They have similar brightness and contrast specs, and use the same LCD panel technology. Given those two options, I would get the Samsung since it has more pixels.

For color fidelity, I would get a 2209WA since it uses a IPS panel.
It occasionally is on the Outlet page for about $180. There might be coupons, but I do not remember seeing them for this model for a long time.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: stephen
Date: May 28, 2009 09:26PM
I just got the first of my two cheap refurb E248WFPs.

[www.ecost.com]

Still adjusting settings, but not the headache I feared it might be. So far, pretty darn encouraging.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 256
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020