advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Macresource SoCal May 6th Lunch - I've posted a new thread for our next MR SoCal Event with a link to this thread - Please followup on the new thread - Thanks, GeneL
Posted by: GeneL
Date: March 31, 2006 12:18PM
Here is a direct link to Page 4 -- to see "after-lunch" posts by everyone!! [forums.macresource.com]

If you want photos first, then click here! [www.callmeclay.com]

My own full report with pictures is on page four.

[forums.macresource.com]

Please accept my thanks to those Members and their SO's and Gizmo who attended our Lunch.

You really made the event a success!

Thanks again!

GeneL

Moderator Note: Stuffed Shirt removed the posts concerning "how/where to upload photos?", so everyone could get to the good stuff!! Nothing was offensive! I did it so the thread would flow better for everyone after a gracious photo host was located! We're working on a permanent home on the Forum for all MacResource Gatherings!

Edited 57 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2006 07:13AM by Stuffed Shirt.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Here's the latest on the MR SCUG May 6th Lunch Event- It's time to sign up if you haven't already " X(
Date: March 31, 2006 12:43PM
Good news!

McKenna's has a big parking lot with plenty of free parking and they said it would be no problem for Pat to park his truck!

We're on the move!

OS 7-8-9-X spoken here smiling smiley
Re: "Here's the latest on the MR SCUG May 6th Lunch Event- It's time to sign up if you haven't already " X(
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 31, 2006 12:47PM
Add another smilie to the adblock filter.
Posted by: grad
Date: March 31, 2006 12:57PM
over a MONTH AWAY!?!?!?
Date: March 31, 2006 01:00PM
Lux, I guess I did get carried away.

It's just that I'm very excited about our MR SCUG Lunch.

Wherever you are, you are invited. I'd love to have some Forum members from other parts of the country join us.

So, if you can schedule to be here on May 6th join us.

I'll even buy a drink for the Member who comes the farthest distance smiling smiley

Please forgive the smiley.

GeneL
Date: March 31, 2006 01:02PM
March 31st to May 6th is over a month away so…

Grad, I didn't understand your question.

GeneL
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: March 31, 2006 03:05PM
There is a huge parking lot adjacent to the restaurants at the marina, many of the yacht owners have 40' long motorcoaches parked there.

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: Donkey Hotay
Date: March 31, 2006 03:57PM
Do think that MiniLeader (of DMP infamy) might be "in town" that night for a MRP (MacResource Project) session?

Hmmm? Enquiring minds, and all that...

=DH
Donkey (Ye Olde Farte of ye Internette) Hotay is a Tilted Windmill® enterprise.
Posted by: Effin Haole
Date: March 31, 2006 04:35PM
Yeah, where is the MiniLeader anyways?

I want to invite him to my next trip to Hawaii or Napa/Sonoma in the fall.
Re: "Here's the latest on the MR SCUG May 6th Lunch Event- It's time to sign up if you haven't already " :)-D
Posted by: Pops
Date: April 01, 2006 05:55AM
I hope everyone has a good time. Please call me if you ever settle on a location about 3000 miles to the east smiling smiley
Re: "Here's the latest on the MR SCUG May 6th Lunch Event- It's time to sign up if you haven't already " :)-D
Date: April 01, 2006 02:33PM
Hey! everybody, we're kind of "in the stays" here.

I haven't heard back from Harbourmaster after changing the location to suit his wishes. How about it Ken? mr.socalug@cox.net

We have seven members who have confirmed by email.

Remember you must send an email to mr.socalug@cox.net to actually confirm you are coming.

I NEED AN ACTUAL RSVP COUNT TO MAKE THE ARRANGEMENTS FOR NOT ONLY THE RESTAURANTS BUT FOR SOME SPECIAL SURPRISES.

So please, if you live anywhere in Southern California, drop a note to mr.socalug@cox.net and come to this great event.

BTW I've already gotten offers for the raffle. Some real surprises here!

You'll have to attend to find out.

And don't forget the OWC's donation.

What are you waiting for?

mr.socalug@cox.net

I feel like an "American Idol" contestant waiting for the phone calls smiling smiley

GeneL

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2006 02:37PM by GeneL.
Two more confirmed for the MR SCUG May 6th Lunch Event- It's time to sign up if you haven't already " :)-D
Date: April 01, 2006 03:55PM
Two more confirmed for the MR SCUG May 6th Lunch Event!

If you haven't signed up yet, why not do it now?

Drop a note to mr.socalug@cox.net and you'll be in for a great time.

GeneL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2006 03:57PM by GeneL.
Re: Two more confirmed for the MR SCUG May 6th Lunch Event- It's time to sign up :)-D
Date: April 01, 2006 06:35PM
I'm feeling good!

We now have eight Members confirmed and there will be three or more wives/so's. That's a lot better than our first dinner and I'm happy to say that the three Members who attended the MR UGLA Dinner at the Tam O'Shanter are all confirmed.

We still need to hear from Harbourmaster, so everyone please PM him and ask him to come. After all, we moved the location just for him. smiling smiley

I haven't heard anything more from BGnR, so if anyone knows him, see if you can get him to come. It seemed as if he's close by.

I also wonder about Kap, who the Frapper map say lives in Monrovia. That's not too far from LB, so again I'm asking anyone who feels close to Kap to send a PM and give a gentle push. We want everyone to come.

The confirmed list so far:

1. Carm
2. Effin Haole
3. Punkindrublik
4. Pat
5. Carthaigh
6. MikeF
7. N-OS X-tasy!
8. GeneL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2006 04:25AM by GeneL.
Re: Eight Members plus three or more SO's confirmed for the MR SCUG May 6th Lunch Event- It's your turn to sign up :)
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 01, 2006 07:14PM
It's not such a good idea to invite me and Rusty to the same event.

It is what it is.
Re: Eight Members plus three or more SO's confirmed for the MR SCUG May 6th Lunch Event- It's your turn to sign up :)
Date: April 01, 2006 07:21PM
I see. Enough said smiling smiley

BTW did you ever get my post about the "smiley" guide?
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 01, 2006 07:35PM
I did, thanks.

It is what it is.
Posted by: saintyohann
Date: April 02, 2006 12:11AM
One of my rarer posts to the list (testing the waters for sharks)...

I'd love to swing by, but I need to wait until I get my schedule for that week....
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 02, 2006 12:41AM
N-OS X-tasy! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It's not such a good idea to invite me and Rusty
> to the same event.
>
> -------------------------
> Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse
> the privilege.

It'd be cost effective, for the price of a meal we'd get a floor show! smiling smiley

Date: April 02, 2006 01:45AM
Please let me know as soon as you can, saintyohann.

I also received your email to mr.socalug@cox.net so thanks and I hope you can join us.

I'm at a loss as to how to address the N-OS X-tasy! vs BGnR situation.

All I can say is that N-OS X-tasy! is confirmed and BGnR is not.

As for RgrF's comment I was ROFLMAO ( I think I got that right. I never used that before. So many letters smiling smiley )

BTW I also have a tentative yes from schmani, if he is not working that day. It will be great if he can make it.

Precious says, "this will definitely be a party!"
Date: April 02, 2006 01:28PM
Things are looking good.

I have two or three more members who want to come and are working on their schedules to make it happen.

I've had an offer of professionally made name tags from a Forum Member who wants to remain anonymous, so the sooner I get everyone's confirmation at mr.socalug@cox.net the better.

Confirming at mr.socalug@cox.net is an important step so that I have everyone's confirmation and contact info in the same place. Also, this allows me to update everyone in one step.

I also need to know if anyone attending has a birthday in the first six months of the year. My plan is to celebrate birthday's at a MR USUG event twice a year if we decide that this Lunch is a success and worth repeating.

I've planned a raffle, so if you like, bring something wrapped up so it doesn't show what's inside. This isn't obligatory and gag computer gifts are welcome and it doesn't have to be something new.

I'm tremendously pleased by the number of Members who have responded, so far, and they are still trickling in.

We're going to have a wonderful time or my name is not GeneL!

Precious says, "that's his name, but I call him Daddy!"

Posted by: dmann
Date: April 02, 2006 08:13PM
GeneL- just a hint- schmani is a "she". smiling smiley

DM
Posted by: kanesa
Date: April 02, 2006 09:44PM
And a really cute "she".

Hi schmani !

sharon
Date: April 02, 2006 10:11PM
Schmani has a fan club… smiling smiley
Posted by: schmani
Date: April 03, 2006 01:45AM
Hahaha, thanks dmann & kanesa! Only the old forum goers remember I'm a "she" since I only lurk about these days!

Are there no other gals from this forum in SoCal?

Just to clear it up, Gene, it's a "no," but I'll still see what I can do in regards to schedule. It's kind of funny how excited you are about this!!
Date: April 03, 2006 01:59AM
Hi Schmani!

Yep! I'm really excited about everything to do with the MR SCUG Lunch.

Even when only two other Members showed up for the MR UGLA Dinner I still had a wonderful time meeting and eating with some of the people that I previously knew only from posts online.

Now it appears that we'll have anywhere from eight to twelve people at the Lunch, perhaps even a few more will still confirm, so yes, I'm really excited.

Now the question is; why aren't you? And why aren't you making sure that your schedule allows you to come.

After all, as you say you're a woman and I KNOW that any woman who sets her mind to do something will get it done!

So don't procrastinate. Like the ad says "just do it!"

Send me your confirmation ASAP! mr.socalug@cox.net

Denny Crane… I mean, GeneL
Re: Nine Members plus four or more SO's confirmed for the MR SCUG May 6th Lunch Event- It's your turn to sign up :)
Date: April 03, 2006 01:45PM
I'm happy to report that I just received a confirmation email from Harbourmaster!

So far we have TEN Members confirmed and at least four or five SO's and family members and still counting.

Lots of "goodies" for the party! I'm planning a big surprise plus the Mystery Raffle (don't forget to plain wrap your donated items) and also there's the OWC $25 iTunes Music Store gift card.

So, don't miss out! If you haven't confirmed, DO IT NOW! mr.socalug@cox.net

The confirmed list so far:

1. Carm
2. Effin Haole
3. Punkindrublik
4. Pat
5. Carthaigh
6. MikeF
7. N-OS X-tasy!
8. GeneL
9. Harbourmaster
10. RgrF (stupid me, I was leaving him off -not enough sleep) smiling smiley

That's the MR SCUG Lunch update for April 3, so far.

Let's hear from you "lurkers" smiling smiley

GeneL

gl @ Dana Point, CA

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2006 04:25AM by GeneL.
Re: TEN Forum Members plus four or more SO's/Family Members CONFIRMED for the MR SCUG May 6th Lunch Event- It's time for the "lurkers" to sign up :)
Posted by: microchip13
Date: April 04, 2006 12:04AM
Maybe in a few years I can come to one!

Just because it has two clutches, shifts faster, uses a torque converter or has near-infinite gear ratios, requires less driver intervention and is more efficient doesn't make it better in my opinion.
Save The Manual Transmission
Re: TEN Forum Members plus four or more SO's/Family Members CONFIRMED for the MR SCUG May 6th Lunch Event- It's time for the "lurkers" to sign up :)
Date: April 04, 2006 12:08AM
You're always welcome here smiling smiley
Date: April 04, 2006 04:07AM
schmani Wrote:

> Just to clear it up, Gene, it's a "no," but I'll
> still see what I can do in regards to schedule.
> It's kind of funny how excited you are about
> this!!

I coach youth basketball...excitement is a good thing, however young you are. Even manufactured excitement is better than spectating at "The Survivor" or some other such thing. (Just so I don't miss the latest Housewives of Orange County thing).

-R

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2006 04:13AM by RgrF.
Posted by: Monster
Date: April 04, 2006 01:02PM
hmmmm, would it be cheaper to drive to the west coast, or fly?
Who's up for a road trip, or better yet, when are we going to have an east coast thang?

The Taoist Zhuangzi said, "Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone".
The sociologist, and historian, Adam Ferguson described the phenomenon of spontaneous order in society as the "result of human action, but not the execution of any human design".
Date: April 04, 2006 02:32PM
If it were me and I could get a few other Members involved I'd go for a road trip.

More interesting and fun than sitting in an aluminum cigar tube for four hours and, besides, you really need a car out here.

So work on it. You have a month to get it together.

You can stay at our luxurious MR SCUG clubhouse in Beverly Hills. It's right next door to the Playboy Mansion. (see I'll lie shamelessly to get the head count up for our May 6th Lunch)

But it's no lie that this Lunch is going to be remembered for a long time to come smiling smiley

If you haven't confirmed yet, look at how jealous the "Easties" are and do it now! mr.socalug@cox.net

Precious says, "I'd rather fly!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2006 02:33PM by GeneL.
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: April 04, 2006 05:27PM
No love, then, for us flyover states?

Date: April 04, 2006 05:57PM
It's raining pretty good right now so wait a little while and you can row here smiling smiley
Date: April 04, 2006 09:12PM
GeneL Wrote:
> It's raining pretty good right now so wait a
> little while and you can row here

Well at least Zoid wont need instructions. Ouch ;)
Date: April 04, 2006 11:06PM
That was my thought RgrF.

A little dark (and wet) humor smiling smiley

Precious says, "bring an umbrella!"

Re: We are confirmed at McKenna's on the Bay for 12:30 PM on May 6th for the MR SCUG Lunch Event- If you haven't signed up, please, do it now!
Date: April 07, 2006 03:04PM
Less than a month away now, so if you haven't confirmed at mr.socalug@cox.net, now's the time.

Great company! Good food with a view and lot's of surprises!

[www.mckennasonthebay.com]
Re: We are confirmed at McKenna's on the Bay for 12:30 PM on May 6th for the Macresources SoCal Lunch Event- Come on you "lurkers" SIGN UP NOW! Please, do it now! X(
Date: April 11, 2006 05:31AM
OK OK i surrender, I'll be there!!!!!!!!!!!

Gene you're starting to sound like a Scientology or Marine recruiter, leave it be. Everyone now knows and I'll even tell my Halloween story. But only if you stop pleading.
Re: We are confirmed at McKenna's on the Bay for 12:30 PM on May 6th for the Macresources SoCal Lunch Event- Come on you "lurkers" SIGN UP NOW! X(
Date: April 11, 2006 10:20AM
OK, to placate RgrF I've removed the word "please" which I only used to be polite.

There are reasons why I'm pushing everyone who wants to attend to sign up right away, but I can't say what they are because they have to do with a surprise.

So, make sure you have confirmed at mr.socalug@cox.net if you want to join us.

Thanks,

GeneL
Re: lurking, lurking
Posted by: morlock
Date: April 12, 2006 03:04PM
will there be a separate table in a dark corner for the lurkers?
(with unobstucted view, of couse)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/13/2006 04:00AM by morlock.
Date: April 12, 2006 03:36PM
Only if they are so hideous that we don't want to be seen with them smiling smiley

As far as the unobstructed view, no, there will be a screen to protect others from their hideousness.

Are you a lurker? Are you hideous?

As I always say, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2006 03:36PM by GeneL.
Date: April 13, 2006 01:50AM
Our biggest concern should that Keef will be lurking about with his laptop open and photoshop fired up. smiling smiley
Re: We are confirmed at McKenna's on the Bay for 12:30 PM on May 6th for the Macresources SoCal Lunch Event- Come on you "lurkers" SIGN UP NOW!
Posted by: haikuman
Date: April 13, 2006 05:47PM
I would love to be there but its out of my budget for now.
But I would stand on a corner and do the blind mojo act to see N OS give Rusty a big kiss *(:>*
Re: We are confirmed at McKenna's on the Bay for 12:30 PM on May 6th for the Macresources SoCal Lunch Event- Come on you "lurkers" SIGN UP NOW!
Date: April 13, 2006 06:52PM
haikuman, I may have a way for you to join us.

I sent you a PM with info.

I would be excellent if you can come smiling smiley

GeneL
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM I need a couple of volunteers- Ck your email or see my latest post
Date: April 14, 2006 01:47AM
This is for any of the Members who are definitely coming to the Lunch, in case you didn't receive the email I sent out.

Is anyone is really good at picture taking? Maybe pro or semi-pro?

Besides the requirement for the OWC iTunes offer, I know that we'll want some pictures from our Lunch, so I'm bringing a Panasonic PV-GS120 Camcorder and a Canon 20D DSLR/520EX Flash to the Lunch.

I’d appreciate a couple of volunteers who are willing to spend a few minutes recording the occasion for us and for the OWC iTunes offer using the cameras I'm bringing.

Please let me hear from you.

BTW don’t forget to “Mystery Wrap” your donations if you bring something to the lunch.

Just over three weeks to the Macresources SoCal Lunch!

Looking forward to seeing you all.
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay (New! read Elmer Dill's review) on May 6th 12:30 PM - I need a couple of volunteers!!!
Date: April 14, 2006 09:42PM
In case you didn't look at the first post in this thread here's the info again.

Elmer Dill's review of MCKENNA'S ON THE BAY:

[www.elmerdills.com]

All in all, it looks like a great place for our get together.

I'm still looking for a couple of volunteers to record the event using my cameras.

Thanks,

GeneL
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay (New! read Elmer Dill's review) on May 6th 12:30 PM - I need a couple of volunteers!!!
Posted by: Pat
Date: April 15, 2006 10:05AM
Attire: Dress up

Hmmmm, does that mean I have to pull out the wedding/funeral outfit for lunch?

Or is lunch casual? I don't mean flip-flop casual, but Vans and Levi's casual? Which is my dress up.
Posted by: MikeF
Date: April 15, 2006 11:40AM
I would think that because it's lunch, Levi's, Dockers, or other similar "business casual" attire would be perfectly legitimate.
Date: April 15, 2006 12:43PM
I didn't mention that it's Black Tie? grinning smiley

MikeF's suggestion of "business casual" sounds right to me.

As I always say, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

I'm still waiting for someone to step up to take pictures??? I'm supplying the gear.

It shouldn't take long, just so we have a record to show who attended.

I need help with this because I have some things planned that will keep me occupied and I want to be sure that the pictures get taken.

Surely some of you can operate a camera?

Thanks,

GeneL
Posted by: Keef
Date: April 15, 2006 06:53PM
N-OS X-tasy! Wrote:
> It's not such a good idea to invite me and Rusty
> to the same event.

No problem there – according to Loki, Jimbo and Rusty are the same person!

[forums.macresource.com]

Posted by: Pat
Date: April 15, 2006 10:07PM
Well, I'm thinking casual should be OK if Harbourmaster recommended this place.

I don't think he has any pants according to an earlier exchange in a thread about Mini's visit with him:

Harbourmaster:
>T-shirt, shorts, and bear feet are what we
> wear here 365 days of the year!!!

Pat:
> Let's not get crazy, it was a pouring last
> week!!!!

Harbourmaster
>I'm not sure I even OWN a pair of long pants anymore!

Maybe the bear feet have something to do with it?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 174
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020