advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay (New! read Elmer Dill's review) on May 6th 12:30 PM - I need a couple of volunteers!!!
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: April 16, 2006 11:41PM
Aloha shirt, shorts and slippahs will get you in the door at McKenna's. Of course if your legs are white as a ghost and haven't seen the sun since last year you should probably wear slacks or jeans so as not to blind anyone dining without shades!

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay (New! read Elmer Dill's review) on May 6th 12:30 PM - I need a couple of volunteers!!!
Posted by: Webster J. Duck
Date: April 17, 2006 12:25AM
Harbourmaster Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Of course if your legs are
> white as a ghost and haven't seen the sun since
> last year you should probably wear slacks or jeans
> so as not to blind anyone dining without shades!
>
>

I have ten-year old Teva stripes on my feet. Never really noticed it until this Thanksgiving when I went back to St. Louis and my brother thought I had some sort of odd vitiligous hypopigmentation...or vice versa depending on which part of the Rorschach sandal stripe you’ve noticed.
Posted by: GeneL
Date: April 17, 2006 12:58AM
Aha! Webster, you've been lurking smiling smiley

How about it. Are you going to join us.

Don't be shy… mr.socalug@cox.net
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 17, 2006 01:19AM
You're a dead duck now that Gene now has you in his sights.
Date: April 17, 2006 02:17AM
Nothing to worry about, Webster.

I'll be happy to give you a ride. Laguna Beach is on the way from Dana Point.

You can even bring your wife or SO if you have one.

I'm bringing mine, so there'll be a number of non-techies to enjoy a conversation about things other than Macs eye rolling smiley

Precious says, "my Daddy loves all kinds of birds and that includes ducks!"
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay (New! read Elmer Dill's review) on May 6th 12:30 PM - Looking for volunteers to choose the the Topless dancers!!!
Date: April 17, 2006 10:46PM
See, when I want volunteers for the tough jobs I only get one smiling smiley
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay (New! read Elmer Dill's review) on May 6th 12:30 PM - Looking for volunteers to choose the the Topless dancers!!!
Date: April 17, 2006 11:32PM
Well you know, "if you want something done right..........."
Date: April 18, 2006 01:09AM
That's what I figured…
Posted by: Stuffed Shirt
Date: April 18, 2006 04:04PM
For the record, the iTunes card is only available to those with HUMAN feet.
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay (New! read Elmer Dill's review) on May 6th 12:30 PM - Have your picture taken with N-OS X-tasy!!! sign up now!
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 19, 2006 11:52PM
HAH! Just noticed your latest mod to the subject line about pics with me. I'm sure that'll pack 'em in. smiling smiley

It is what it is.
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay (New! read Elmer Dill's review) on May 6th 12:30 PM - Have your picture taken with N-OS X-tasy!!! sign up now!
Date: April 20, 2006 12:51AM
Don't sell yourself short, N-OS X-tasy! smiling smiley
Date: April 20, 2006 05:20AM
A headliner. How can the Duck resist.
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay (New! read Elmer Dill's review) on May 6th 12:30 PM - Have you seen the Menu? Wow!!! sign up now!
Date: April 20, 2006 01:34PM
I was just looking at McKenna's lunch menu to see what I might order and found a selection that was staggering.

So many choices and so reasonable!

If you haven't checked it out yet you should look it over.

[www.mckennasonthebay.com]

Hey! you lurkers, if you are still procrastinating, time is getting short. Now is the time to confirm mr.socalug@cox.net
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay (New! read Elmer Dill's review) on May 6th 12:30 PM - Have you seen the Menu? Wow!!! sign up now!
Posted by: Carm
Date: April 20, 2006 07:40PM
What, no more offers to have your picture taken with N-OS X-tasy smiling smiley

I dont think the lurkers are gonna sign on anymore. grinning smiley

Carm
Date: April 20, 2006 08:45PM
I haven't given up just yet.

After all, I did offer Webster a free ride to the Lunch smiling smiley

It would be a shame if he doesn't come, since he lives just a skip and a jump up PCH from me.

Why don't you guys write him a PM and see if you can twist his arm a little? He seems a little shy sad smiley

Let him know that we'd really like him to come.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2006 08:46PM by GeneL.
Posted by: punkindrublik
Date: April 20, 2006 09:24PM
Gene, what's the head count so far. Who's in? If you're not comfortable posting it here just email me. I'm still planning to come up from San Diego. Did you ever hear from bfd or anyone else from San Diego? Thanks!

Date: April 21, 2006 12:16AM
Punkindrublik, right now the Members confirmed for the Lunch are:

Carm
Effin Haole
Punkindrublik
Pat
Carthaigh
MikeF
N-OS X-tasy!
GeneL
Harbourmaster
RgrF

There will also be some wives/so's and Harbourmaster mentioned that one or two of his teenage kids who "lurk" on the Forum may come along as well.

Also, there's a chance that haikuman may make it over from Hawaii. Keep your fingers crossed because he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

No word from bfd or anyone besides you from San Diego :^ (

As I said above, I'm really disappointed about Webster J. Duck but what else can I do?

The bottom line is that we will have an excellent turnout. I'm absolutely sure that the Lunch will be a super event.

We'll have lots of fun with the blind raffle and something else I'm putting together as a surprise.

BTW it's N-OS X-tasy!'s birthday tomorrow smiling smiley Get ready for the "Obligatory Birthday Celebration!"

See you all soon,

GeneL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2006 04:27AM by GeneL.
Date: April 21, 2006 12:29AM
GeneL Wrote:
> Punkindrublik, right now the Members confirmed for
> the Lunch are:
>
> Carm
> Effin Haloe
> Punkindrublik
> Pat
> Carthaigh
> MikeF
> N-OS X-tasy!
> GeneL
> Harbourmaster
> RgrF <-----------------------

----------------------> Gene clearly missed his calling, my confirmation was as volunteered as a Gitmo confession. I'll bend every effort (Gene knows about bending body parts) but won't know until the Monday before.

* bet N-OS used to think 40 was really old, huh? In case I miss it tomorrow, happy birthday N-OS.
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: April 21, 2006 12:41AM
41 tomorrow. Ugh.

Many thanks to Gene and Roger for the early observation. I appreciate the thought, guys. smiling smiley

I'm off to Mexico tomorrow to ride in Saturday's Rosarito-to-Ensenada bike ride. This will be my third consecutive time in the ride. I finished the first time, not the second (the 15 or so shots of tequila I had the afternoon/evening before had much to do with that). Will DEFINITELY finish this time, and with any luck I have a dinner date with a Mexican cutie I met last time I was down there.

Thanks again for the birthday wishes!

It is what it is.
Date: April 21, 2006 08:44AM
It sounds like it's going to be a great event. Too bad I'm going to be the only Southern, Southern Cal participant, I know there's others here but at least I can represent!

Happy B-Day N-OS! N-OS and I were at the original get together at LAX. You've got big shoes to fill Gene, but you're doing a great job!

Date: April 21, 2006 11:24AM
Punkindrublik, if you know anyone else who lives in the SD area why don't you drop them a PM? Perhaps they haven't been following the Forum for a while.

I didn't realize that the MR UGLA Dinner at Tam wasn't the first get together. How could I have missed the one to which you referred? Details?

As to the job I'm doing, tell me when it's over smiling smiley

See you soon!

GeneL
Date: April 21, 2006 12:53PM
Gene, the other get together wasn't a MR UGLA, it was done through the other place. pRON was flying though LAX on his way to the orient. In attendance was pRON, Greg The Dogsitter, N-OS, Marc(I think he had a different handle here) and I

Unfortunately I don't know of anyone else other than bfd from San Diego by name.

Date: April 21, 2006 04:05PM
What a great idea.

pRON, why don't you fly in to join us. We'll let you take the pictures smiling smiley

Based on the great response and the highly recommended location, I'm sure that this get together will live in our memories for a long time.

Go get a loan for the gas! Ha Ha!
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay (Read Elmer Dill's review) on May 6th 12:30 PM - pRON, why don't you fly in and join us? We'll let you take the pictures :)
Posted by: pRON aHOLIC
Date: April 21, 2006 11:43PM
I would but my brother is graduating college that day. Thanks for the invite, I would go down there any other weekend.

Join team 38910 folding! [folding.stanford.edu] multi cpu-[calxalot.homeip.net]
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay (Read Elmer Dill's review) on May 6th 12:30 PM - pRON, why don't you fly in and join us? We'll let you take the pictures :)
Date: April 22, 2006 12:20AM
In that case we'll postpone the Lunch…just kidding smiling smiley

But next time you'll have to come.

Best wishes and congrats to your brother, as well.

GeneL
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - OMG I forgot to invite OWC Larry and his wifie and kidlet!
Date: April 22, 2006 11:29AM
Who's on the MR SoCal Oversight committee?

Better late than never, I always say.

Larry, consider yourself and family invited and in case you can't make it, any of the OWC staff are welcome smiling smiley

As I always say, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM-Eleven days to go! X(
Date: April 25, 2006 12:45PM
Don't forget to "plain wrap" your donations for the "blind" raffle!

As it stands right now, I expect that there will be around fifteen guests at the Lunch including wives, SO's and family members.

If you think of anything else, any other ideas etc, please send me a PM or email me at mr.socalug@cox.net

See you soon!

GeneL
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM-Over a 1000 views-come on you lurkers, join US! :)
Date: April 25, 2006 09:54PM
I know want to!

You know you want to!

We all know you want to!

So sign up, already! smiling smiley

mr.socalug@cox.net
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM-Over a 1000 views-come on you lurkers, join US! :)
Date: April 26, 2006 12:32AM
Someone needs to bring a GeneNet, one with stakes that can't be pulled out of the ground even with superhuman will.
Date: April 26, 2006 01:10AM
RgrF Wrote:
> Someone needs to bring a GeneNet, one with stakes
> that can't be pulled out of the ground even with
> superhuman will.
>
>

LOL, RgrF, GeneL is excited, more folks are expected this time. grinning smiley

Carm

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2006 01:11AM by Carm.
Date: April 26, 2006 12:21PM
You are absolutely correct, Carm.

I am very excited that we will have a very solid representation from Southern California at the Lunch.

I really appreciate the response we've had and I know that everyone will enjoy the place, the food, the surprises and especially the company!

See you all soon smiling smiley

GeneL
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - STILL PROCRASTINATING? JUST A WEEK TO GO!
Date: April 30, 2006 04:16AM
Any last minute hold outs?

Procrastinators?

mr.socalug@cox.net

Another reminder: don't forget to plain wrap any donations for the raffle. I want the raffle wins to be surprises.

Thanks everyone,

GeneL
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - STILL PROCRASTINATING? JUST FIVE DAYS TO GO! Any "way out of towners" coming through LA on the 6th?
Date: May 01, 2006 01:44PM
Any one coming through town on the 6th?

If we know early enough we can see about a pick up and ride to the Lunch.

We'd love to have you smiling smiley

GeneL
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - STILL PROCRASTINATING? JUST FIVE DAYS TO GO! Any "way out of towners" coming through LA on the 6th?
Date: May 01, 2006 04:32PM
We'd best hope McKennas doesn't fire all their kitchen help and support staff after todays absences. smiling smiley
Posted by: MikeF
Date: May 01, 2006 05:51PM
We could always just meet in their parking lot and have a tail-gate party!
Date: May 01, 2006 08:16PM
That's what I love about the folks on this forum, always prepared for contingencies smiling smiley
Posted by: Pat
Date: May 01, 2006 10:40PM
If it's a tail-gater, I'll bring the fiver with a loaded fridge!

I'll even haul Carm's car halfway back so he can save on gas. winking smiley

J/K of course.
Date: May 01, 2006 10:48PM
Heck! Pat, we should have just planned to park your truck by the beach and had the party inside and out smiling smiley
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - JUST THREE DAYS TO GO!
Date: May 03, 2006 02:21AM
SPECIAL NOTICE!

ADDITIONAL SURPRISES!

CHECK BACK ON THURSDAY smiling smiley
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - JUST THREE DAYS TO GO!
Date: May 03, 2006 09:01AM
Is this the most viewed thread in forum history?

We need to be sure to keep the lead over the NY folk! smiling smiley
Date: May 03, 2006 09:29AM
That's funny Mike, I had the same thought when I looked at the numbers smiling smiley
Date: May 03, 2006 08:13PM
LOL Pat thanks for the offer. grinning smiley But I must decline.

GeneL here's adding to the views. smiling smiley and posts.

Carm
Date: May 03, 2006 09:49PM
No, there's this thread I just came upon on the bottom of page 188 (at least until it rolls over):
[forums.macresource.com]

It has 2166 views. But it was someone padding it. I'd put the link but if you click on it, it gets larger.

Of course, we wouldn't pad this thread...

And I didn't really check out the other 180 pages...
Date: May 03, 2006 09:55PM
And a couple of threads with large view counts on page 161.

Maybe we're not so special after all, sniff, sob...
Date: May 03, 2006 09:56PM
Good thing this group doesn't know reloading adds to the view count.
Date: May 03, 2006 10:38PM
Is it Saturday yet?

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Date: May 03, 2006 11:17PM
Patience, grasshopper smiling smiley
Date: May 04, 2006 02:07AM
GeneL Wrote:
> Patience, grasshopper

From you Gene, this is funny! smiling smiley

Aloha, Ken

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2006 02:09AM by Harbourmaster.
Date: May 04, 2006 12:57PM
Gene must still be sleeping this morning, since he hasn't changed the subject line to indicate that there are ONLY TWO DAYS REMAINING, before the big lunch shindig!

Aloha, Ken

Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - JUST TWO DAYS TO GO! (I went to bed late) :)
Date: May 04, 2006 01:19PM
You were absolutely right, Harbourmaster. I didn't get to bed until 4 AM.

Good news!

I received our "Commemorative Name Badges" in the mail yesterday, all the way from Hamburg, NY. They look great!

Our thanks to Dennis R, who made them for us as a donation to our Lunch. It was a very generous gesture smiling smiley

Just now Mavis is "plain wrapping" our donations for the "mystery" raffle. I'm sure there'll be some surprises on Saturday.

See you all very soon.

GeneL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 178
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020