advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - JUST TWO DAYS TO GO! (I went to bed late) :)
Posted by: N-OS X-tasy!
Date: May 04, 2006 03:53PM
Thank you, Dennis R!

It is what it is.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - JUST TWO DAYS TO GO! (I went to bed late) :)
Posted by: MikeF
Date: May 04, 2006 05:52PM
The raffle gifts I'm bring are more like gag gifts. Still Mac related, however...
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: May 04, 2006 07:00PM
I chose 6 items from the boxes in the garage, some are NIB some are used each one is unique and Apple related.

This should be fun!!

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: GeneL
Date: May 04, 2006 09:45PM
Me too, on the gifts smiling smiley

I'm pretty sure there will be enough for everyone to get something.

The fun will be that no one will know what they won until they unwrap it.

If everyone is up for it, the winners can trade around what they win.

This should be fun!

As I always say, "that's just my opinion, I could be wrong."

GeneL
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 04, 2006 10:39PM
Somewhere around here I have a floppy containing OS 4X, now if I could only find that thing . . . .
Posted by: Carm
Date: May 04, 2006 11:20PM
Thanks Dennis R.

GeneL , I never got around to mailing, so I guess, I must attend now. smiling smiley

Carm
Date: May 05, 2006 12:20AM
You better!

I bought a Birthday Cake and your name is on it.

Plus, you have a button waiting, too.

Had enough Jewish guilt yet? smiling smiley

GeneL
Date: May 05, 2006 12:31AM
BTW, here's the current list of confirmed Members for the Lunch:

Carm
Effin Haole
Punkindrublik
Pat
Carthaigh
MikeF
N-OS X-tasy!
GeneL
Harbourmaster
RgrF
Buzz

If I've left anyone out I apologize.

There will also be a number of "better halves" hehe! and genius offspring.

If you haven't confirmed yet, don't wait until Sunday the seventh grinning smiley because we'll all be too tired from the great party to read our email.

mr.socalug@cox.net
Date: May 05, 2006 01:01AM
Dont worry GeneL, da wifee and I will make it. I let her know a long time ago. Gifts will be wrapped by yours truly.

Some last minute checks on my car revealed a screw in my left front tire. Got that taken care of today. All gassed up and ready to go. Where are we meeting again? smiling smiley

Carm
Date: May 05, 2006 01:14AM
Ask Harbourmaster. It ain't King's Fish House smiling smiley

Maybe we should take up a collection for gas money for you and Punkindrublik?
Posted by: Dennis R
Date: May 05, 2006 06:31AM
You guys are welcome. Have a great time and make sure to post the pics.

Dennis R

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2006 06:32AM by Dennis R.
Date: May 05, 2006 11:54AM
Dennis, pictures are guaranteed, especially since they are required for the iTunes offer from OWC.

BTW, is anyone coming to the Lunch good at calligraphy or just good printing?

I need a volunteer to get to McKenna's a little early (noonish) to write the name of the guests on the blank buttons as they show up.

If you can do it, please email me at mr.socalug@cox.net

Thanks for your assistance,

GeneL
Date: May 05, 2006 11:57AM
So who's going to show up and sign in as OWC Larry?
Date: May 05, 2006 12:03PM
RgrF, Larry was invited but he has diaper duty that day smiling smiley
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - JUST ONE DAY TO GO! X(
Date: May 05, 2006 01:37PM
I'd offer my wife to write the buttons, but even after 31 years of marriage, I still can't read her writing...

It's worse than most doctors. If I put a pen between the dog's toes, they could probably do better at writing... smiling smiley

And don't tell her that I said this on Saturday (she doesn't frequent the forum)...
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - JUST ONE DAY TO GO! X(
Date: May 05, 2006 01:48PM
You hope she doesn't check out the forum… smiling smiley

I'll give you a call tonight re details for giving you the camera tomorrow.

GeneL
Date: May 05, 2006 03:13PM
Attention! All Members coming to the Lunch:

We are going to "meet and greet" in the Bar area before we are seated, so please check in with me there.

Look for me wearing my MR SoCal Lunch button smiling smiley

I'll be there early, around 11:30 AM so come any time but please be there by 12:30 PM for our reservation if possible.

See you tomorrow!

GeneL
Posted by: punkindrublik
Date: May 05, 2006 04:57PM
Gene, at $3.54/gal I willingly accept donations for the punkindrublik gas fund!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2006 05:28PM by punkindrublik.
Date: May 05, 2006 05:48PM
They now have a loan officer at our local 76 station sad smiley
Posted by: Effin Haole
Date: May 05, 2006 07:15PM
My question is will Gene even be able to sleep tonight?

Strength without compassion is brutality. Compassion without strength is weakness.

We must train our minds to desire what the situation demands.
Date: May 05, 2006 07:46PM
You know me too well grinning smiley

hehehe!
Posted by: haikuman
Date: May 06, 2006 12:29AM
Who is punindrublik ? Where is he driving from ??????
Date: May 06, 2006 12:49AM
haikuman Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who is punindrublik ? Where is he driving from
> ??????

He's Guitarman and he's hitchhiking in from Jersey.

Date: May 06, 2006 01:04AM
Find out tomorrow…

the Shadow knows… heheheheh!
Posted by: Carthaigh
Date: May 06, 2006 01:14AM
I have been kinda outta the loop on this lately, so can you sum up the plan for tomorrow? Dress codes, codes of conduct, agenda, expectations, etc. Thanks!

This message has been brought to you by the Threadkiller™
Date: May 06, 2006 01:24AM
Hunter Thompsom left the opening on a CD Tim Leary left a message in a bottle.

BABA Ramdas will arrive surrounded by cupcakes, the rumor is all seem to be chewable

*(:>*
Date: May 06, 2006 01:45AM
That takes some crazinest and huevoes ranchero *(:>*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2006 01:47AM by haikuman.
Date: May 06, 2006 01:58AM
BTW I hope U all have a great Lunch and Time Together,

Gene your Da Man I think *(:>*
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - TODAY'S THE DAY! X(
Date: May 06, 2006 02:26AM
Thanks haikuman, I think? smiling smiley

Carthaigh, it was suggested that we should do "black tie," but I vetoed that.

If you need a "code of conduct" perhaps you should stay home? ;)

As far as agenda:

arrive, get a button, get a drink, sit at our table, drink, eat, make interesting conversation, sing Happy Birthday! to the birthday Members, eat cake, get your raffle gift. Open it and be thrilled or disappointed, schmooze some more if you like, PAY YOUR CHECK!, get in your vehicle and go home.

I have no expectations so I can't be disappointed smiling smiley

How's that? Did I cover everything?

Oh yes! We'll be taking pictures to blackmail you with…hehe!

…and now go to sleep!
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - TODAY'S THE DAY! X(
Date: May 06, 2006 02:54AM
Nice agenda GeneL. I think :-) See you there. With or without the wifee. I have to PAY MY CHECK. Darn. I thought it was gonna be free. winking smiley

Carm
Posted by: rgG
Date: May 06, 2006 08:54AM
I just wanted to say that I think GeneL has done a terrific job getting you So.Cal. people together. I can't wait to see the pictures and read the review of the party. I wish I could be there with you, but you are just too far away from Georgia. grinning smiley

Have Fun!
-Rhonda

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: May 06, 2006 09:04AM
Good morning!

Wakee, wakee, wakee!

See you all soon smileys with beer

Precious says, "I want some cake!"
Date: May 06, 2006 09:21AM
haikuman Wrote:
> Who is punindrublik ? Where is he driving from
> ??????

I'm driving from San Diego. MapQuest says that it's 102 miles. I'm representing the Southern, Southern California crew!

It's going to be real interesting to put faces to names. And yes, Gene has done an incredible job with this. We've got allmost double the posts than the New York crew.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2006 09:24AM by punkindrublik.
Posted by: Pat
Date: May 06, 2006 09:46AM
Wakee, wakee indeed. Hope the neighbors are ready for an early lawn mowing session.

I think Carm might have you beat punkindrublik. Coming from Palm Springs, he's over 100 miles too. Only a little over 50 miles for myself.
Date: May 06, 2006 09:47AM
Here's just a few of the things we hope to get answered today:

1. Is Gene really the excitable boy he portrays on the forum?
2. Is N-OS really in X-tacy?
3. Is Effin Haole really an F'n @#$%&?
4. Does Harbormaster actually own long pants?
4. Will punkindrublik be drunk in publik? (actually I already know the answer to this one)
5. Will Buzz catch one?

Something for you all to think about while the festivities are going on! I'm off to Jiffy Lube.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2006 11:47AM by punkindrublik.
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: May 06, 2006 10:09AM
This kind of joy in anticipation of drunken behavior is disgusting!

Must be why I wish I went out last night.

grinning smiley
Date: May 06, 2006 11:22AM
Distance: 125.3 miles
Approximate Travel Time: 1 hour 47 mins

Actually a little more, since I will be starting from my inlaws.
12:30 - 2hrs driving = I got less time then I need to get my self on the road. Times a wasting. Later. grinning smiley

Carm
Date: May 06, 2006 11:43AM
rgG Wrote:
> I just wanted to say that I think GeneL has done a
> terrific job getting you So.Cal. people together.
> I can't wait to see the pictures and read the
> review of the party. I wish I could be there with
> you, but you are just too far away from Georgia.

I'll be in Georgia in a few weeks. Party at the Lenox Square Apple Store! :-)

It is what it is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2006 12:06PM by N-OS X-tasy!.
Date: May 06, 2006 11:46AM
Carm, I concede the distance trophy to you. See ya in a few hours!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2006 11:48AM by punkindrublik.
Date: May 06, 2006 11:53AM
I kind of feel bad -- only about 4 miles for me. Mapquest says 7 minutes. Others probably on the road already.

Date: May 06, 2006 11:59AM
No need to feel bad, Mike. It's just the luck of the draw. I'll be on the road in about 40 minutes.

Posted by: wms
Date: May 06, 2006 12:56PM
So is it too late to just show up?
Plans changed at the last minute. I was supposed to be out of town today.
What do you think. If I get on the road in the next twenty minutes, I should be able to make it.
I'll check back in a few.
wms out.
Date: May 06, 2006 01:01PM
The more the merrier, wms. See you there.

It is what it is.
Posted by: Pat
Date: May 06, 2006 01:28PM
Ooooh, I'm running late!

Going to have to make record time from the IE to the LBC.
Posted by: Monster
Date: May 06, 2006 01:41PM
Hope ya'll have fun

The Taoist Zhuangzi said, "Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone".
The sociologist, and historian, Adam Ferguson described the phenomenon of spontaneous order in society as the "result of human action, but not the execution of any human design".
Posted by: billb
Date: May 06, 2006 05:40PM
vote to remove

replace with pics

Posted by: MacArtist
Date: May 06, 2006 05:56PM
What, no wifi access at the restaurant to post pics as they're taken?

What can I say, I don't have a life.

I sit on a man’s back, choking him and making
him carry me, and yet assure myself and others
that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his
lot by all possible means — except by getting off
his back. - Leo Tolstoy, novelist and Philosopher
(1828-1910)

Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - Just got back from McKenna's A lot to report and PICTURES TO POST!
Date: May 06, 2006 09:05PM
It was a party!

There were seventeen of us whooping it up at McKenna's.

Everyone told me they had a great time and were up to do it again in the late Fall.

I just got home to find our sticky had been removed sad smiley so I PM'd Admin to put it back up, PLEASE!

There's a lot to report, including a list of Members who attended which included a couple of "new" Members.

There are lots of pictures, including some of a SPECIAL SURPRISE GUEST, who will remain a mystery until I can download the pictures from my camera and post a few.

(Please don't give away who this surprise guest is until I can get some pictures up)

The pictures will take a few hours until I recuperate and recharge my battery because I'm really whipped!

Thanks to everyone who came to the Lunch and made it a wonderful party smiling smiley

GeneL
Re: Macresources SoCal Lunch at McKenna's on the Bay on May 6th 12:30 PM - Just got back from McKenna's A lot to report and PICTURES TO POST!
Date: May 06, 2006 10:36PM
I'm bringing this over from Effin's other thread to keep this one alive. Glad Gene got the sticky put back.

Gene did an incredible job. It was sure worth the trip from San Diego. I think a great time was had by all.

Now, to answer the questions I posted earlier

1. Is Gene really the excitable boy he portrays on the forum? Yes, Yes, Yes!

2. Is N-OS really in X-tasy? So he says!

3. Is Effin Haole really an F'n @#$%&? Absolutely not! I totally got the translation of his handle wrong! Sorry Effin!

4. Does Harbormaster actually own long pants? He says he doesn't.

4. Will punkindrublik be drunk in publik? Not this time.

5. Will Buzz catch one? Maybe not literally but certainly figuratively.

wms, glad you made it too. Great pics to start with!

New York, you've got Mammoth shoes to fill!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2006 10:38PM by punkindrublik.
Date: May 06, 2006 10:43PM
Some great door prizes too! A full system 7 box complete with floppies. I got an AppleLink package also with floppies. Even a USB Scale was won. Must have been the last one in California.

A fun afternoon and I'll say it again:

New York, you've got Mammoth shoes to fill!!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 193
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020