advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
ba da BING!. . .so I'm watching 'The Philanthropist' but. . .
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: June 24, 2009 09:46PM
. . .it's bought for and paid for by Bing (Microsoft). . .

. . .quite obviously and very distractingly so. . .

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/24/2009 09:47PM by NewtonMP2100.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: ba da BING!. . .so I'm watching 'The Philanthropist' but. . .
Posted by: iaJim
Date: June 25, 2009 12:57AM
They're commercials that are part of the show...or are they part of the show and they're commercials? It's so confusing!
Re: ba da BING!. . .so I'm watching 'The Philanthropist' but. . .
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: June 25, 2009 07:16AM
I almost gave this a try, but they failed to set the hook. When they had the hero...

1. Racing the life saving vaccine (Riding a motorcycle barefoot, no less. WTF??) to the villagers while the Evil Doers shot at him.

2. After being awoken by Hapless Officials in a flooded hotel room to be evacuated (And dispensing the requisite 'I'm cool as a cucumber' urbane bon mot), taking up the cause of a Wide Eyed, Terrified Abandoned Youngster (Who everyone else, of course, had kicked to the curb) in the middle of the hurricane and then saving the same child from drowning after the reckless and selfish actions of An Ugly American (For contrast, just in case we weren't sure who the Really Cool Guy was here.) sends a lifeboat full of Hapless Foreign Folk into the raging waters, our hero Bonds for Life with the Wide Eyed, Terrified Abandoned Youngster before they're even out of the water.

3. Relating all the above via flashback to a Gorgeous Young Thing Tending Bar in Some Far Away Land in a Boozy Yet Charming and Devil May Care Fashion and then oh so generously offering her a check for $1,000 to stay and listen to his tales when she demurely protests that she must serve her other customers also (Though you can tell she's Oddly Attracted to this Quirky, Alluring Stranger).

All in the first frikking five minutes, the fatigue toxins were spiking in my eye rolling muscles and I had to flip over to the Science Channel before I started to cramp up. They may have been going for 'slightly wacky and cheekily over the top' but for me at least it just came off as 'get out the hip boots, it's getting mighty deep in here.'
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 245
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018