advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Panther: Printer Set Up Utility won't open
Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 30, 2009 08:56PM
i tired of not having access to my printer (Brother HL2070N) from my kitchen eMac running Panther so i downloaded the driver and installed it. Print Utility Set Up opens for a brief second and then closes down. since this is the first time i've tried to open it since i wiped the hard drive clean a few months ago and resinstalled everything, i do not know if it opened okay before i installed this new driver. before the hard drive fiasco, i did have the driver on this printer and could print from it.

i've repaired permissions and restarted. no go. any thoughts as to why?

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Panther: Printer Set Up Utility won't open
Posted by: Doc
Date: June 30, 2009 09:00PM
[www.fixamacsoftware.com]
Posted by: Monster
Date: June 30, 2009 09:31PM
What Doc said, which reminds me, I need the upgraded version, and it's available, thanks Doc.

The Taoist Zhuangzi said, "Good order results spontaneously when things are let alone".
The sociologist, and historian, Adam Ferguson described the phenomenon of spontaneous order in society as the "result of human action, but not the execution of any human design".
Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 30, 2009 11:55PM
Doc
[www.fixamacsoftware.com]

well, one of the tests Printer Set Up Repair ran says i'm missing some files and to reinstall the OS. not really worth that much trouble with 3 other computers in the house.

thanks.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 228
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020