advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
mail.app v. 3.6--how to send pics as attachments rather than inline (in message text box)
Posted by: goodmanx
Date: August 05, 2009 09:18PM
i'm running 10.5.7 on a ppc mac mini.

my pc friends can't save the ,jpgs i'm sending and we're wondering that's the reason. i think i recall seeing a preference to choose sending pics inline or as attachments, but nothing like that now.

this is a relatively new development. usually pics show up as attachments.

i'll appreciate any assistance.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: mail.app v. 3.6--how to send pics as attachments rather than inline (in message text box)
Posted by: Fritz
Date: August 05, 2009 09:48PM
right click or command click the jpg.
Re: mail.app v. 3.6--how to send pics as attachments rather than inline (in message text box)
Posted by: goodmanx
Date: August 05, 2009 09:55PM
thanks for the reply, fritz.

the only item that made any sense to me was "save as icon". what does this do on the pc end?

should i use one of the "open with... .exe" options? i have no idea what those are.

also, what determines whether the pics are attached inline or just as attachments?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2009 09:55PM by goodmanx.
Posted by: Fritz
Date: August 05, 2009 10:51PM
well, not sure on the other end of a PC, but I think they'd see an icon and be able to dub click or dl.
The "show as Icon" determines what they see. At least that is what works with a pdf.
Posted by: Doc
Date: August 05, 2009 10:56PM
Just switch to plain text in your "composing" preferences.

'Shouldn't be sending html messages anyway.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018