advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Free Item Tuesday because Tuesday is the new Monday for this month. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Posted by: pRICE cUBE
Date: September 08, 2009 12:34AM
SARRRRRRRY me hearties, I had a client with a very large treasure to be had and could not post.

1. Post your mangey booty with pertinent details including shipping and wait for a private message or email and work out who gets what and the cost of shipping. If the giver wants to pay shipping then more power to ye.

2. We are all plank walking adults here so let's all deal in good faith.

3. The scallywags at Mac Resource forum admins, OWC and Macsales.com etc. are not sponsoring this event and are not responsible for arrangements gone awry.

4. Let other rapscallions know an item is spoken for so they don't keep PM'ing you.

5. Have fun. One person's trash is another person's treasure. Posting of a thank you once you get the item in a fews days is encouraged but not required you sea urchins. Trying to give your wench away is highly discouraged and possibly illegal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2009 12:35AM by pRICE cUBE.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Free Item Tuesday because Tuesday is the new Monday for this month. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Posted by: St. Bernard
Date: September 08, 2009 04:46AM
No free items (at least not yet) but I wanted to take this opportunity to give a public apology and thank you to C(-)ris, who I caddishly never thanked for sending me the MBP bottom case last month.

Thank you, C(-)ris! Despite your fine packing job, it got a little crushed in shipping but was still usable is next in line on my bench o' projects (I will let AppleCare run out on my currently bruised MBP, just in case).
Re: Free Item Tuesday because Tuesday is the new Monday for this month. ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!
Posted by: mattkime
Date: September 08, 2009 08:12AM
I've made this request before with some success, although the specs are different this time.

I'm seeking 6v/2amp and 12v/3amp power supples.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2009 08:12AM by mattkime.
Posted by: decay
Date: September 08, 2009 09:04AM
this is a "give" thread, not a "request" thread. smiling smiley

i have some of the iMac G4 info pamphlets if anyone wants some for the cost of shipping only. these are about 8x10 and run down the features of the first "lampshade" G4 iMac.
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: September 08, 2009 09:43AM
Seeking.....

used or new US Currency. Any denomination.
Posted by: Jack D.
Date: September 08, 2009 09:48AM
Jimmypoo
Seeking.....

How about a shiny new penny to brighten your future?

- Jack D.

New tasteless sig coming soon!
Posted by: timg
Date: September 08, 2009 12:17PM
Wow, with so little competition, maybe someone will actually take these:

30 pin SIMMs - yes, you heard right. You got some ancient thing (Mac II, SE ...) that is in dire need of some memory? There probably aren't any bigger than 256K though.

72 pin SIMMs - some FPM, some EDO. not sure the size, but if you're interested I can check. (the 16Meg ones that would work in some laserwriters were claimed last month)

G3/266 ZIF - originally from a beige G3 tower.
Posted by: samintx
Date: September 08, 2009 02:04PM
Jimmypoo
Seeking.....

I'm printing some out for your right now. Would you prefer $100's or $1000.00 bills?
Posted by: Grumpyguy
Date: September 08, 2009 03:12PM
Processor for a Blue and White G3. 350 mhz G3....

Free to a good home. PM me.

Bryan
Posted by: rz
Date: September 08, 2009 03:40PM
Mac video adapter - 15 pin to HDI-45. Used on 6100, 7100 and 8100 models.

The Sims, Sims Living Large, and Sims House party. Latter two are unopened. Runs under OS X, but not sure if it will run under Leopard or Snow Leopard.

Book - iLife '04 Missing Manual

Book - Soundtrack (Apple Pro Training Series) with CD.

Book - iPod and iTunes Hacks. Book is from 2005, so not sure how many of the hacks are still valid.

All are free, you pay shipping. PM me with your request.
Posted by: AlphaDog
Date: September 08, 2009 03:52PM
And you think your stuff is worth little? Wait until you see what I'm offering, although I'm not sure what it's called exactly.

From my old PB 1400cs - the clear plastic cover that goes over inserts used to customize the lid of the PB. The clear plastic cover still has its protective film on it, the envelope containing the inserts is still intact (none were ever used), and both are still in the foam sleeve that Apple placed them in for shipping.

The pieces fit in a Priority Mail envelope, and I think that's around $5 postage.

So who has been wishing and hoping for this?! smiling smiley
Posted by: wurm
Date: September 08, 2009 04:46PM
Okay, here's one for you. I have a MRF Box o' Crap. Except I'll tell you what's in it. From last month's giveaway, it contains:

• ATI Rage 128 Pro AGP graphics card (pulled from Gigabit Ethernet Power Mac)
• StarTech 4-port USB 2.0 PCI card (part # PCI425USB)
• Apple Plain Talk microphone
• 25' SVGA Super VGA M/F Monitor Cable w/ferrites (that's the Monoprice description. I used it as an extension for my VGA monitors) Essentially brand new

Here's the thing. The USPS Medium Flat Rate Box is all nicely packed and sealed and just waiting for a shipping label, so I'd prefer someone take the box with all its contents. I'd really rather not unpack it and re-ship individual pieces. Shipping in the continental US is $9.85.
Posted by: MarkD
Date: September 08, 2009 08:40PM
Some just dug up treasure:

Powerbook 170 prefer local pickup, will ship--you pay shipping

Betamax tapes (certainly old technology) some commercial

box or so of sci fi books (friend died and left me books--lots of them)

wide carriage imagewriter I prefer local pickup or pay shipping

box of bridge (game) books --media shipping

any takers? from Houston, TX 77080
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: September 08, 2009 10:06PM
samintx
Jimmypoo
Seeking.....

I'm printing some out for your right now. Would you prefer $100's or $1000.00 bills?

Since I get to choose... I want a few of these.

Posted by: freeradical
Date: September 08, 2009 11:27PM
All money is debt...
Posted by: artie67
Date: September 09, 2009 12:02AM
Missed again. Got to get organized. Cleaning out the cabinet and some will go on LEM, but lots of zip drives for here. ...Sorry I didn't prepare for this month.
Posted by: btfc
Date: September 09, 2009 12:56AM
Wurm, I'd like to claim your box if it is still available. A good friend scored a AGP G4 for $5, but no graphics card. I'll drop you a P.M. also.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 340
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018