advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
PSA: Apple stock, day before announcement
Posted by: 3d
Date: September 08, 2009 02:38PM
Time and time again... the price of AAPL stock shoots up in the days leading up to an Apple announcement, only to see the price of the stock deflate hours after the announcement. So, if you care to do so, be sure to sell your APPL shares before the end of today and re-purchase it 24 hours from now at roughly 3pm tomorrow.

This has been a 3d approved PSA patriot smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: PSA: Apple stock, day before announcement
Posted by: Tofer
Date: September 08, 2009 03:10PM
Just remember that you could be subject to short-term or long-term gains tax if you do take part in this (probably good) plan.

-Tofer
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: September 08, 2009 03:18PM
You might also be banned from this forum for discussing you-know-what before the closing bell.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: 3d
Date: September 08, 2009 03:22PM
Tofer
Just remember that you could be subject to short-term or long-term gains tax if you do take part in this (probably good) plan.

-Tofer

I have an accountant smiling smiley
...who charges by the hour sad smiley

When that MacTablet/iPod Touch XL does not show up tomorrow AAPL is gonna get SLAMMED. It's not gonna be pretty if the only news is updated iTunes store, updated models at relatively the same price points. It's bad karma when the MacTablet/iPod Touch XL rumors have even hit mainstream news in recent weeks. Wall Street will be paying attention (unfortunately).
Posted by: Black
Date: September 08, 2009 03:48PM
I think it all depends on whether Steve makes an appearance.

If he does, stock will shoot way up.

Or way down.

New forum user map 8/2015: [www.zeemaps.com]
Posted by: pdq
Date: September 08, 2009 04:29PM
I think there is a good chance that AAPL will modestly decrease, but I don't think it will be "slammed". I think there is very little expectation on the street that anything more than new iPods will be introduced. There is a smaller chance that there will be an upside surprise, such as Steve appearing, the Beatle's catalog becoming available, or something we haven't forseen. By this reasoning, I sold ~40% of some short-term AAPL options I've got, but held on to 60%.

My best guess is that AAPL will climb modestly higher before the event, drop when it becomes clear that there's no tablet, and recover at the end of trading, little changed. But I think there is enough potential for upside to hold onto the rest of my options for a few more days.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: September 08, 2009 04:44PM
I think pdq is right on. I don't think anyone would be banned from the forum for discussing the company stock we all love. Perhaps I read that statement wrong?
Posted by: ztirffritz
Date: September 08, 2009 04:48PM
Sorry, there should have been a smiley in the post about being banned. It is a long running tradition that posters do not discuss AAPL before the closing bell for fear of jinxing the stock.

MacResource User Map: [www.zeemaps.com]#
Posted by: Microman
Date: September 08, 2009 07:21PM
Selling iPhones to China, is that something that could cause the stock price to change?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 262
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018