advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Has anyone else cursed Amazon Prime?
Posted by: lipskidder
Date: December 01, 2009 03:08PM
I got offered a month of trial three days ago and every day I have added something to my cart and sent. Before I would wait to build it up to $25 and in that time, change my mind or lose interest. Now, it is only too easy to order a couple of Bakugan balls for stocking stuffers.

Oh, wow. These were just $1.99 a couple hours ago, now they are $2.99. Still a good deal though.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Has anyone else cursed Amazon Prime?
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 01, 2009 03:10PM
Just like the drug dealers, your first hit is always free, and then you are hooked. smiling smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Michael
Date: December 01, 2009 03:17PM
I love Amazon Prime. I'm a really cheap guy, but I decided it's worth the cost. Over the weekend we ordered from Amazon a half dozen times as things popped up. It's all appearing at the house today and tomorrow.

rgG is right--I'm hooked. But I don't care that I don't have any room for it all. I'm going to order some beef jerky at 40% off...
Posted by: lazydays
Date: December 01, 2009 03:17PM
I have really been enjoying amazon prime and have more than made up the annual fee in ordering christmas gifts. Love it.
Posted by: volcs0
Date: December 01, 2009 03:18PM
I've had Prime for three years now. I love it. In fact, I get next morning delivery for most things in Chicago now, even if I choose the free 2-day Prime shipping, since Amazon has their own delivery service here.
Posted by: laarree
Date: December 01, 2009 03:24PM
I'm another fan of Amazon Prime. I order enough from them that it's worth it.

.................................................................................................
*We are just a quarantined people under an evil sun.*
--- Richard S. Shaver
Posted by: $tevie
Date: December 01, 2009 03:25PM
I loved the free trial but I'm too cheap to pay for something I get for free by ordering $25 or more. The delivery time doesn't mean that much to me.

Posted by: Grateful11
Date: December 01, 2009 03:26PM
My son had a 30 day trial and had him order the Buck Rogers over the weekend for free shipping,
he had to cancel it last night or get charged. I've placed about 4 orders through Amazon
in the past week but I still don't think we order enough to pay $80/year for free shipping.

Grateful11
Date: December 01, 2009 03:29PM
Bakugan Balls up to $3.99 now. These balls are hot!!!
Posted by: Zoidberg
Date: December 01, 2009 03:42PM
Love Amazon Prime; it's one of the reasons I go there first when I need something.

(BTW, it's spelled < y'all >.)
Posted by: H1N1
Date: December 01, 2009 03:44PM
What's a Bukake Ball?
Posted by: S.Taylor
Date: December 01, 2009 03:46PM
I've been tempted by Prime because I always want just that one item, then I feel like I have to go and scrounge up enough extra stuff to make the $25. It might be worth it.

This remote controlled tree is a must for the person who wants to be on the cutting edge of Christmas technology.
Posted by: pinkoos
Date: December 01, 2009 03:49PM
I got in on the $59 deal sometime last year and am also hooked.

I agree that it has more than paid for itself for some items that were of a time-sensitive nature in which rush shipping would have been exorbitant.

Have had a couple of instances, though, where UPS tracking led me to believe that I wouldn't receive the item within the two day time frame, so I called, b*tched and received some kind of token credit back ($5 here or there) only to have the item(s) arrive on time.

I ordered Soul Calibur IV for the Xbox 360 on Thanksgiving Day, picked two day shipping and it arrived on Monday (was supposed to arrive today).

So, all in all, I join you in cursing Amazon Prime.

My daily record blog: [www.auditorymusings.com]

Posted by: graylocks
Date: December 01, 2009 03:57PM
S.Taylor
I've been tempted by Prime because I always want just that one item, then I feel like I have to go and scrounge up enough extra stuff to make the $25. It might be worth it.

this is exactly why having Amazon Prime has saved me money and my house from being clogged with crap i really didn't need!

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: john dough
Date: December 01, 2009 03:59PM
I love the service and I would think that even though I spend a lot of money there, I am sure that I am costing them money in shipping. In August, I totaled up how much I was running through Amazon a month and including things for clients, I am averaging over $6K a month for 2009. January was seriously heavy when I ordered over $10,500 in hardware (MBPs mostly)

If they did not have Amazon prime, I am sure that they would not get so much of my business.
Posted by: weapon
Date: December 01, 2009 04:16PM
Grateful11
My son had a 30 day trial and had him order the Buck Rogers over the weekend for free shipping,
he had to cancel it last night or get charged. I've placed about 4 orders through Amazon
in the past week but I still don't think we order enough to pay $80/year for free shipping.

My Buck Rogers DVD's come in tomorrow! lol

I just signed up for prime trial. i have ordered 3 times in 2 days. Farscape is the latest. I am going broke saving money.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2009 04:48PM by weapon.
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: December 01, 2009 04:52PM
weapon
Grateful11

My Buck Rogers DVD's come in tomorrow! lol

I just signed up for prime trial. i have ordered 3 times in 2 days. Farscape is the latest. I am going broke saving money.

I can't track mine because I don't know my sons password and I don't want to know his password winking smiley

Grateful11
Posted by: artie67
Date: December 01, 2009 07:22PM
Ordered a Jet 52" table saw on "Gold deal" bargain a couple years ago. Saw was $400 off and free shipping. Big truck with pallet jack and into my shop. Driver estimated $200 delivery. I was happy. Saws not too bad either.
Date: December 01, 2009 08:24PM
Wow, that table saw sure made it worth it!
Posted by: tuqqer
Date: December 01, 2009 11:02PM
Another Prime sucker. Since the day they came out with it. Love it.

Mac Pro 2013 3.7GHz Quad-Core, 32G RAM Big Sur 11.x Dual 25" Acer 1440p LCDs11" i5 MacBook Air
I luuuuuuuuuuuuuv Amazon Prime.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: December 01, 2009 11:40PM
I just ordered dental floss from Amazon.

Getting it two days is fine. Not a big deal. But getting the stuff that my local Longs/Thrifty's/CVS no longer carries, tax free, free shipping-- Priceless! Oh, ok $80 a year.

And I just got PixelMator for $15, No Tax, Free Shipping. Oh and a few days ago, I got a Sinatra CD, NTFS. The list goes on and on.

Tons of stuff. I really have to watch myself.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

-An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

Mister, that's a ten-gallon hat on a twenty-gallon head.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Yoyodyne ArtWorks
Date: December 02, 2009 10:15AM
Bezos is one smart cookie.
Posted by: Kate
Date: December 02, 2009 12:20PM
Since we live full time in a motorhome, and frequently move, Prime has been perfect for us. We're often in a small town where the most basic items aren't available, and no matter what, it's usually on Amazon, and it gets to us before we move.

I also appreciate not having to rack up $25 before I place an order.

We were in Tucumcari, NM and no one in that town had a lemon reamer. I got it on Amazon for $3. and it arrived in 2 days.

We often find it cheaper to just get it at Amazon rather than driving around a strange town looking for something. I'd much rather spend my free time looking for interesting things to do rather than shopping!

Kate
Posted by: weapon
Date: December 02, 2009 12:49PM
My god. It is never ending. Now I am ordering the Red Dwarf boxset. When will it stop?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 178
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020