advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $106.98 ( -0.36 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Let me be the first to recommend the Celebrity International Goat Cheese with Cranberry & Cinnamon.
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 06, 2009 05:46PM
I bought some of Celebrity International Goat Cheese with Cranberry & Cinnamon at Costco, and it is really good. I am a fan of goat cheese anyway, but the unusual mixture of the cranberries and cinnamon enhance the flavor of the chevre nicely. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the taste is wonderful. I have had it on crackers and a piece of sourdough. I think it might be best if it was warmed slightly on a thin piece of bread in the toaster oven, because it is a little hard to spread right out of the fridge.

I think if you put this on a cheese plate and let it get to room temp it would be great as a simple hors d'oeuvre. It was $4.99, IIRC. This may be what I put out for snacking prior to serving Christmas dinner.

Note: If I had written the copy on the linked page below, I would not have used the phrase "goat log" to describe the product. grinning smiley

[www.finica.com]

Alpharetta, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Let me be the first to recommend the Celebrity International Goat Cheese with Cranberry & Cinnamon.
Posted by: blooz
Date: December 06, 2009 05:52PM
…mmmm…

Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated?
Zen is not easy. It takes effort to attain nothingness. And then what do you have? Bupkes.

Western Massachusetts
Re: Let me be the first to recommend the Celebrity International Goat Cheese with Cranberry & Cinnamon.
Posted by: MacArtist
Date: December 06, 2009 06:22PM
Is goat cheese easy on the tummy for someone who's lactose intolerant?

Posted by: freeradical
Date: December 06, 2009 06:58PM
MacArtist

Some people make that claim, but all milk has lactose in it.

Try yogurt made with any kind of milk. The tangy flavor is lactic acid produced when bacteria eat lactose.
Posted by: freeradical
Date: December 06, 2009 07:01PM
rgG
I bought some of Celebrity International Goat Cheese with Cranberry & Cinnamon at Costco, and it is really good. I am a fan of goat cheese anyway, but the unusual mixture of the cranberries and cinnamon enhance the flavor of the chevre nicely. I wasn't sure what to expect, but the taste is wonderful. I have had it on crackers and a piece of sourdough. I think it might be best if it was warmed slightly on a thin piece of bread in the toaster oven, because it is a little hard to spread right out of the fridge.

I think if you put this on a cheese plate and let it get to room temp it would be great as a simple hors d'oeuvre. It was $4.99, IIRC. This may be what I put out for snacking prior to serving Christmas dinner.

Note: If I had written the copy on the linked page below, I would not have used the phrase "goat log" to describe the product. grinning smiley

[www.finica.com]

You need to recommend a wine to go with this.drinking smiley
Posted by: rgG
Date: December 06, 2009 07:30PM
MacArtist

I am pretty lactose intolerant myself, and goat cheese in moderation is fine for me. But, before I had my gall bladder removed, eating goat cheese would nearly kill me. Now that it is gone, I can enjoy goat cheese again.

I'm sorry that I can't pair this cheese with a wine, since I am just not much of a wine drinker. sad smiley

Alpharetta, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: December 06, 2009 08:36PM
freeradical
You need to recommend a wine to go with this.drinking smiley

How about a nice Goats Do Roam Rosé?

=TC
"Ye Olde Farte of Ye Internette"--a Wilted Tindmill® Production
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: December 06, 2009 08:56PM
I would recommend the Mirrasou Pinot Noir, usually about $9 at Publix or Winn-Dixie. Very nice for the price.

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: jeons
Date: August 02, 2010 02:54PM
Hi, I'm looking into this product for a senior that I know. You said you bought it at Costco. Do you know if it's still available? I'm checking online for Celebrity International Goat Cheese with Cranberry & Cinnamon but I can't find a place that sells it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login