advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Shameless plug - Vote for Misty as the cute doggie! Only 24 hrs to do so!
Posted by: Stephanie
Date: December 16, 2009 01:32AM
I entered our doggies into a local radio station's contest for the cutest pet in Albuquerque. Unfortunately, both Misty and Puddles are up against each other - I was hoping they'd be put into separate voting groups. Oh well. Anyway, today's group of pets includes Misty and Puddles, and I think Misty has the best shot at winning.

If anyone would like to help Misty out, please vote for #8 at this link. If she wins today, she'll be one of the 5 finalists.

Once again, there's only 24 hours to get votes for Misty.

Thanks in advance for your help.

[edit] Ok - there has been some confusion on how to vote - you can click all through 75 of them or go here. Looks like you also have to verify your vote through email.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2009 01:46AM by Stephanie.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Shameless plug - Vote for Misty as the cute doggie! Only 24 hrs to do so!
Posted by: testcase
Date: December 16, 2009 01:52AM
Stephanie, you really should tell us that we'll have to click through 75 pictures before we can vote and, will have to provide a valid email from which we will then have to reply to.
Posted by: Carm
Date: December 16, 2009 02:01AM
MacGurl, wait.....
Stephanie, you have to stick with snakes. ;)
Joe
Date: December 16, 2009 02:21AM
testcase
Stephanie, you really should tell us that we'll have to click through 75 pictures before we can vote and, will have to provide a valid email from which we will then have to reply to.

After I posted, I edited it (see above) and provided the shortcut link, so you wouldn't have to go through 75 pics AND I mentioned verifying it through email (they won't spam you - it's just their way of making sure each vote is from a separate person).
Date: December 16, 2009 02:23AM
Carm
Stephanie, you have to stick with snakes. ;)
Joe

Ya know - I seriously considered entering my snakes (the cornsnakes pic in my sig) BUT, I happen to know, from listening to their station, they would not take kindly to that. Also, the prize is dog/cat-centric. Last year there were some bunnies and ferrets though. Sadly, they seem to be a bit anti-reptile.
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: December 16, 2009 05:14AM
I'm in . . . what a pain.
censored smiley

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: wired2live
Date: December 16, 2009 05:28AM
Voted for Misty. I feel bad for Puddles though… which pooch is Puddles?
Posted by: AlphaDog
Date: December 16, 2009 10:38AM
I went through all 75 and then couldn't figure out how to vote. I now am refusing to go back and cast my vote until I have a chance to see Puddles! What's her number?

Mothers should not be favoring kids, you know. smiling smiley
Date: December 16, 2009 11:07AM
Thank you guys!

WHiiP - yeah I didn't think it was going to be that difficult, but they're really trying to make sure people don't vote for the same animal more than once.

wired2live - don't feel too bad for Puddles - see my response to alphadog (below). I've rationalized it.

AlphaDog - the direct link to voting is [www.1003thepeak.com] . They apparently really want you to see all 75 dogs before you vote, though (hence the link being on the last page). It's kinda weird. Puddles is #9 (right after Misty).

Last night when I saw that they were both in the same group, I thought the same thing about playing favorites, BUT, I figured out a way to rationalize it. At our house, Misty is the cute one, Puddles is the pretty one and Shadow (being the only boy) is the handsome one. So, using that logic, since this contest is for the CUTEST pet in Albuquerque, that would be Misty. Puddles would be the prettiest.

Besides, if Misty did win, all 3 dogs would share the prize equally. Puddles will always be our pretty girl They're all spoiled!

Oh - and you might be wondering why I didn't enter Shadow - well, he, being a rescue with problems, is looking like a mess lately. He's got bad allergies and has licked a lot of his fur off. Since we got him a year and a half ago, we've spent close to $2000 in vet & med bills trying to help him. Seems like as long he's on the prescription meds, he's ok, but a couple weeks after going off them, he starts licking his fur off again. Poor guy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 242
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020