advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $97.19 ( +2.47 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: January 31, 2010 06:28AM
I have the above result after repairing Permissions in OS X.6.2.

Is this normal? Should I be concerned? huh smiley

Thanks!!

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Posted by: modelamac
Date: January 31, 2010 07:55AM
No. It's normal. Google it or go to Apple support or search this forum.

Mr. Curmudgeon, on Mountain Lion.
Re: Warning: SUID file "System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent" has been modified and will not be repaired.
Posted by: wurm
Date: January 31, 2010 08:14AM
Yes it's normal, but nonetheless annoying to see after going through the Repair Permissions routine. I thought it might go away after the latest update, but it's still there.
Posted by: Jimmypoo
Date: January 31, 2010 09:17AM
i think it is because it is newer than the OS.

And by NEW I mean, that it is probably incorporating things that will be in 10.7.

We saw a lot of this kind of thing in the 10.4 to 10.5 transition.
Posted by: LyleH
Date: January 31, 2010 12:00PM
Here's a link to Apple Support that lists many of the permissions messages that can be ignored:

[support.apple.com]

LyleH
Posted by: WHiiP
Date: January 31, 2010 06:03PM
Thanks, guys . . . hail smiley

Bill
Flagler Beach, FL 32136

Carpe Vino!

Fermentation may have been a greater discovery than fire.
— David Rains Wallace
Posted by: deejaytribe
Date: May 12, 2013 03:23AM
Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login