advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Facebook troubleshooting?
Posted by: Z
Date: February 23, 2010 06:05PM
I'm not on Facebook, but a friend has the following trouble - any suggestions?
Z's friend
Hi All (blind copied):

I have a totally random question please? Do you know someone who is a wizard on computers and knows Facebook in and out?

My (18 year old) daughter has run into a problem with a gal who is trying to pretend she's my daughter, by copying her facebook and responding to people who don't know that she has a different site.

I know that sounds strange, but I'm looking for someone who can navigate their way through to figure out if there's a way to stop this other girl. We think we know who it is and have her cell number in Florida. This is the second time it's happened and last time my daughter had to close the account and get a new email and Facebook page.

Do you know anyone who is willing to be a detective and perhaps turn the tables? I'm happy to spend some money as a consulting fee if we can get to the bottom of it and stop her.

It's almost become "stalker like" and it's weirding us out.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Facebook troubleshooting?
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: February 23, 2010 06:07PM
Tell them to contact FaceBook directly and file a complaint.

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: dmann
Date: February 23, 2010 06:56PM
Ditto what Harbormaster said. Facebook has very specific instructions on the site as to how to report this type of thing:
-------------------------------------
If someone has created an account to impersonate or imitate you, please go to the impostor profile and click "Report this Person" in the left column. Check the "Report this Person" box, choose "Fake Account" as the reason, and add "Impersonating me or someone else" as the report type. Be sure to add a valid web address (URL) leading to the real profile so that we can review the information.
[www.facebook.com]

DM
Posted by: kap
Date: February 23, 2010 07:00PM
I third Harbourmaster's suggestion.

SoCal for now.
Posted by: Mike Sellers
Date: February 24, 2010 09:20AM
Don't rule out multiple personalities.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020