advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Update: Magnesium treatment for Fibromyalgia/Myofascial
Posted by: Grumpyguy
Date: April 26, 2006 05:55PM
Back in October, I posted(at the other place) about taking magnesium supplements for my Fibromyalgia/Myosfasical pain problems. Just let me say that the Magnesium supplements really do work. Here is my background and results:

For years, well since 1990, I have suffered from fibromyalgia. Horrible neck pain, that ran up into the jaw muscles and temples. At some points, the pain was so severe, it would affect my eyesight, not to mention concentration and moods.

I was treated with teeth guards-for TMJ. That didn't help. Well, it helped the dentist buy a Porsche.

I was given barbiturates to subdue the pain, that did nothing.

Anti-depressants to raise my seritonin levels, and maybe that eased the pain 5%, but the side effects were not worth it.

Physical therapy--once again, maybe a 5% decrease in pain. And the effects were not long lasting.

Aspirin--once again, maybe a temporary 1 or 2% decrease in pain.

Vioxx--this was the first thing that actually helped me. But at best, it only decreased the pain temporarily about 25%. Then of course they pulled it from the market.

Finally, a regular customer saw me rubbing my neck and she asked me if I had Fibromyalgia/Myofasical pain. She suggested I try over the counter Magnesium supplements. I didn't have anything to lose.

I bought a bottle of pills, 250 mg dose, and they actually worked. They reduce the pain by about 85% for about 12 to 15 hours at a time. Plus the bottle is only $6.99 or so.

I've been taking the Magnesium since October, and have had consistent results since.

So if you suffer from Fibromyalgia, Magnesium pills are cheap and worth a try. Plus, so far, no side effects. And really, it is so nice not to have my day driven by my neck pain.

Bryan

Bryan

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2006 06:20PM by Grumpyguy.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Update: Magnesium treatment for Fibromyalgia/Myofascial
Posted by: kap
Date: April 26, 2006 06:08PM
Bryan,

Thanks for the follow-up. I forwarded your Oct post and told my S/O about it. She wasn't a believer. I bugged her until she gave in and tried for a few weeks then gave up >:[ In vain, I am trying again to convince her. She's had fibromyalgia on her knees for the past 30!

Kap

SoCal for now.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2006 06:09PM by kap.
Posted by: Paul F.
Date: April 26, 2006 06:42PM
Glad you found some relief!

Paul F.
-----
A sword never kills anybody; it is a tool in the killer's hand. - Lucius Annaeus Seneca c. 5 BC - 65 AD
----
Good is the enemy of Excellent. Talent is not necessary for Excellence.
Persistence is necessary for Excellence. And Persistence is a Decision.

--

--

--
Eureka, CA
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 26, 2006 08:15PM
What form a magnesium? Mg oxide? Chelated?
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 27, 2006 12:15PM
That is great news!

smiling smiley

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 111
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 2330 on October 25, 2018