advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $102.64 ( +1.58 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Tylenol with Codeine. Obtaining from Canada. Legal implications?
Posted by: Mini 9
Date: March 14, 2010 05:06PM
In the past, Tylenol with Codeine (aka Tylenol 3) has been most effective for my migraines. I've seen plenty of the SPAM emails about mail order drugs to be suspicious. But today I ran across some posts online that say a couple of thing. Wondering if anyone can substantiate them better than I've been able to?

1. Tylenol with Codeine is available OTC in Canada
2. One can bring back limited quantities w/o prescription (Canada INTO USA)
3. One can bring back up to "3 month supply"
4. Mail order rules are inline with the border crossing rules, in effect one can order 3 month supply over the web.

Anyone?

Thanks.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Tylenol with Codeine. Obtaining from Canada. Legal implications?
Posted by: Black
Date: March 14, 2010 05:10PM
Random 1st page google hit:

Question: Is it legal to order Tylenol 3 from Canada over the Internet?

Answer: No. There has been a great deal of confusion caused by the Internet when it comes to certain types of activities or purchase. Here, since the seller is outside of the United States, they need only to be licensed to sell drugs under the laws of Canada. US laws currently do not give US federal agencies the ability to regulate the sales of drugs over the Internet from foreign sellers.

However, if a doctor's prescription is required to possess the drug in the United States, then you still need to have the prescription to legally use the drug. So, an Internet-based pharmacy may sell you the drug, but they may have a disclaimer on their site saying something like, 'a physician's prescription may be required to use this drug.' It may be cheaper to buy drugs over the Internet (or similarly by going over the border to Mexico), but you still need a prescription to make it legal for you to possess and use the drug in the United States.
Comments
1 thru 4 of 4 comments [ 1 ]
On 05/26/04
Egon from AZ said:
Isn't it strange, that USA is the ONLY country in the world that set up people in traps, involving and enforcing a crime happening - all theese things are forbidden to do in all other countries - except USA. Very strange, for the Land of the Freeeee, or how ever it was ...
On 05/22/04
Karon from WA said:
WOW thanks for the advice and I am so sorry to hear that
On 05/16/04
tamara jones from FL said:
this is great
On 10/29/03
Nick from TX said:
I was arrested for ordering prescriptions pills over the internet. I order a 90 day supply which I thought was legal as claimed on their website. At the time I currently lived a small town in Texas where the narcotics task force had nothing better to do than to setup a raid on my apartment. An officer delivered the package to my door and then 10 officers raided my apartment after that. The only substance they seized was the substance they delivered to me. I wasnt selling drugs nor possess or use them. I was charged with one felony charge of delivery of a controlled substance and one misdemea
Question: Is it legal to order Tylenol 3 from Canada over the Internet?

Answer: No. There has been a great deal of confusion caused by the Internet when it comes to certain types of activities or purchase. Here, since the seller is outside of the United States, they need only to be licensed to sell drugs under the laws of Canada. US laws currently do not give US federal agencies the ability to regulate the sales of drugs over the Internet from foreign sellers.

However, if a doctor's prescription is required to possess the drug in the United States, then you still need to have the prescription to legally use the drug. So, an Internet-based pharmacy may sell you the drug, but they may have a disclaimer on their site saying something like, 'a physician's prescription may be required to use this drug.' It may be cheaper to buy drugs over the Internet (or similarly by going over the border to Mexico), but you still need a prescription to make it legal for you to possess and use the drug in the United States.
Comments
1 thru 4 of 4 comments [ 1 ]
On 05/26/04
Egon from AZ said:
Isn't it strange, that USA is the ONLY country in the world that set up people in traps, involving and enforcing a crime happening - all theese things are forbidden to do in all other countries - except USA. Very strange, for the Land of the Freeeee, or how ever it was ...
On 05/22/04
Karon from WA said:
WOW thanks for the advice and I am so sorry to hear that
On 05/16/04
tamara jones from FL said:
this is great
On 10/29/03
Nick from TX said:
I was arrested for ordering prescriptions pills over the internet. I order a 90 day supply which I thought was legal as claimed on their website. At the time I currently lived a small town in Texas where the narcotics task force had nothing better to do than to setup a raid on my apartment. An officer delivered the package to my door and then 10 officers raided my apartment after that. The only substance they seized was the substance they delivered to me. I wasnt selling drugs nor possess or use them. I was charged with one felony charge of delivery of a controlled substance and one misdemea

MR/F Guestmap: [www.mapservices.org]
Date: March 14, 2010 05:12PM
Also-- wondering why you don't get a prescription? I don't think Tylenol 3 is expensive enough here that paying lower Canadian prices would be worth the extra effort.

Posted by: Grace62
Date: March 14, 2010 05:28PM
I sometimes purchase Tylenol with codeine at the pharmacy in Canada, but I live 100 miles from the border and travel there every few months. I've never purchased more than one bottle and returning to the US with it has never been an issue, and yes I've had all my purchases searched more than once.
If you're not close to the border, it doesn't make sense to try and get this drug from Canada, you should be able to get a prescription if it's a good drug for you.
Possible legal problems aside, this is very powerful stuff...user beware.
Date: March 14, 2010 05:31PM
Grace62
I sometimes purchase Tylenol with codeine at the pharmacy in Canada, but I live 100 miles from the border and travel there every few months. I've never purchased more than one bottle and returning to the US with it has never been an issue, and yes I've had all my purchases searched more than once.
If you're not close to the border, it doesn't make sense to try and get this drug from Canada, you should be able to get a prescription if it's a good drug for you.

The bigger beware may be the prolonged and regular use of tylenol -- haven't heard much lately but weren't they taking Vicodin off the market because of the Tylenol's effect on the liver?

Posted by: Grace62
Date: March 14, 2010 05:37PM
Black
Grace62

The bigger beware may be the prolonged and regular use of tylenol -- haven't heard much lately but weren't they taking Vicodin off the market because of the Tylenol's effect on the liver?

Yes, Tylenol is not a drug for frequent use, but for some conditions it is highly effective and can be safe if not overdone. Compared with what codeine can do to the body and mind even in small doses, Tylenol seems a lesser concern.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 14, 2010 05:38PM
Narcotic prescription drugs cannot be purchased OTC in Mexico.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: dk62
Date: March 14, 2010 05:45PM
I think that the liver effects with chronic/high dose use are due to regular Tylenol, not the added codeine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2010 05:48PM by dk62.
Date: March 14, 2010 08:10PM
thanks.
Posted by: ka jowct
Date: March 14, 2010 09:15PM
Have you tried any other migraine meds? I've used Maxalt and Relpax: both work well (for me). There are also supplements that seem to reduce the frequency of migraines for some people. One is called Migralief (I think): it's magnesium, B2 and Feverfew. I just get the "parts", and take the magnesium and B2 daily, Feverfew occasionally.
Date: March 14, 2010 09:20PM
I've run the gamut of doctor prescribed things.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 14, 2010 10:07PM
Botox?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Trouble
Date: March 14, 2010 11:14PM
Speedy

Not where I've been. There's a good store in Belize as well.
Posted by: Racer X
Date: March 15, 2010 12:38AM
Trouble
Speedy

not a problem for me in Cabo or PV either.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 15, 2010 12:58AM
Trouble
Speedy

Yeah, I was gonna ask if you forgot the winking smilie ;)

There was a pharmacy on the cruise ship dock in Belize. Saw a lot of folks bee line for it when we docked there. It's run by an American, from what I understand.
Posted by: billb
Date: March 15, 2010 01:11AM
Try your local cell phone store.
[www.wpri.com]

I couldn't find the 'funny' artcicle, the one that found the humour in thier apparent overflowing stock. Overflowing to the point of falling out of cabinets when doors were opened. It was amazing how much 'stock' they had in that little tiny store.
Posted by: Trouble
Date: March 15, 2010 09:29AM
Lux Interior
Trouble
Speedy

Yeah, I was gonna ask if you forgot the winking smilie ;)

There was a pharmacy on the cruise ship dock in Belize. Saw a lot of folks bee line for it when we docked there. It's run by an American, from what I understand.

That's the one. Decent prices and I never had a problem bringing anything back on the boat. I don't know if an American owns it or not, but there were two cute chicks there the last couple times I stopped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2010 09:30AM by Trouble.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login