Deals | News | Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: $101.32 ( +0.74 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
FYI, Costco now selling Kirkland branded Sucralose (Splenda) sweetner packets
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 11, 2010 06:12PM
I was in Costco yesterday and noticed for the first time that they are now selling Kirkland Sucralose sweetner packets, the yellow packets. The box held 1500 packets and was $12.99, IIRC. I have not seen these before. I usually buy the 1000 packet box of Splenda when I have one of the $4 off coupons, but I think this is cheaper than that because it is 1500 as opposed to 1000. A box usually lasts me for a year or more, so I may not need one of these soon, but I thought I would mention it for any of you fake sugar users. I haven't noticed store brands of Splenda, till now, but I used to buy generic Nutrasweet packets before I switched.

Alpharetta, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: FYI, Costco now selling Kirkland branded Sucralose (Splenda) sweetner packets
Posted by: rz
Date: June 11, 2010 08:17PM
I've switched to Stevia.
Re: FYI, Costco now selling Kirkland branded Sucralose (Splenda) sweetner packets
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 11, 2010 08:19PM
wow!!!!!! I switched to splenda about 4 years ago, and have dropped 40 pounds. No kidding. Thanks!
Posted by: Harbourmaster
Date: June 11, 2010 09:03PM
All that sweetener crap will kill ya... eventually.

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Posted by: graylocks
Date: June 11, 2010 09:08PM
Harbourmaster

living will kill ya...eventually.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: PeterB
Date: June 11, 2010 09:18PM
Harbourmaster

So will sugar. grinning smiley

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Racer X
Date: June 11, 2010 09:51PM
Harbourmaster

sucralose (Splenda) is actually a sucrose molecule where two OH groups are traded out to 2 Cl groups.
Posted by: Cary
Date: June 12, 2010 07:21AM
BJs Wholesale has had their captive brand version for a year or two...
Posted by: rgG
Date: June 12, 2010 07:55AM
Cary
BJs Wholesale has had their captive brand version for a year or two...

You know, Costco may have also had one, but I haven't seen it before now. This one was on an end-cap, so that is why I noticed it. We will probably be seeing grocery stores with private label brands, too, just like the Nutrasweet.

Alpharetta, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: June 22, 2010 07:11PM
graylocks
Harbourmaster

living will kill ya...eventually.

Nope it's the dying that gets ya...

Aloha, Ken

“I have developed significant attachments to several members even though I wouldn't recognize them if I sat next to one on a park bench. I'm often tempted when in an airport to walk around, hollering "The Løpe", to see if anyone other than the Homeland Security people will acknowledge me. ” - The Løpe
Date: June 22, 2010 07:12PM
PeterB
Harbourmaster

So will sugar. grinning smiley

hence the word "All"...

Aloha, Ken

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login