advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Gmail question
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: August 04, 2010 07:30AM
My mom uses gmail exclusively. Sometimes when she send me an email I get 2 copies. At first i thought she might be sending them to 2 of my email addresses. But they are both to the same one. I just got one here at work. Or rather I just got 2 here at work. When I look at the "Date Sent" in Mail it shows a 14 minute difference in sent times. They are identical though.

Re: Gmail question
Posted by: Wailer
Date: August 04, 2010 09:05AM
I'd ask her to check her "send" box to see if she is sending it twice. Perhaps she leaves it open and then comes back and sends it again? The different times lead me to believe it is something on her end.

You said it's "sometimes" so I'm guessing you have no rules set up that might be duplicating her messages.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: August 04, 2010 10:40AM
Yeah. I'm a man of few rules. Sometimes I get 2 sometimes not. This morning we've been emailing back and forth and i only got dupes the one time.

I am wondering if its something to do with mail size. The dupe had an attachment. The others did not. That and the fact that she is on dialup might cause some funkiness when it takes SO long to send a larger email.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: August 04, 2010 10:56AM
Maybe she gets impatient and hits send again when in fact it has just been sent???

Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 245
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020