advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
Anyone happy with their AT&T Microcell?
Posted by: Trouble
Date: August 09, 2010 01:41PM
I may be returning mine. I am thrilled with the 5 bars and I am forwarding all of my phones to my iPhone 4. But I hate having to put microcell in the corner of my house. That damn GPS has to be near a window. If I could put it in a closet in the center of my house that would be perfect. I'd even be willing to purchase an Apple Express but that damn GPS has to be near a window.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Anyone happy with their AT&T Microcell?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: August 09, 2010 02:27PM
Look on the back >> it's got an antenna jack.

[www.amazon.com]

Disclaimer: found with a 5-second search; I have no clue if that's a good one or if it'll let you install where you want.
Date: August 09, 2010 03:01PM
deckeda
Look on the back >> it's got an antenna jack.

[www.amazon.com]

Disclaimer: found with a 5-second search; I have no clue if that's a good one or if it'll let you install where you want.

Nice catch. I saw the jack on the back but it never occurred to me to buy an external GPS antenna. Not sure if 25 ft. will be enough but I'll cut some twine and see if it is long enough. Thanks.
Posted by: Gareth
Date: August 09, 2010 03:44PM
I've also read that some people have had success with AT&T's customer service to get them to permanently put their address in the system to bypass the GPS. But it sounds like it may be hard to get a hold of a rep who knows they can, and how to do that.
Posted by: J-J-
Date: August 09, 2010 05:41PM
there is another GPS extender that is like $9.95 (can't remember the Amazon link), plus you can get extension cables for that for another $10 or so. You are not limited to 25 feet.
Date: August 09, 2010 07:36PM
Gilsson has the antennae direct for $20 + shipping. [www.gilsson.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 243
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020