advertisement
Forums

The Forum is sponsored by 

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the Tips and Deals forum
So, I head over to Verizon yesterday...
Posted by: spacescape
Date: August 25, 2010 07:36AM
So I head to Verizon yesterday to check out the Droid 2, Droid X and the Incredible. Well, the Droid 2 was dead (needed charging) and the Droid X was locked... The Incredible was actually nice with a nice polished UI. Didn't get to demo them much because I didn't have time to sign in and get help. However, was very disappointed that none of the phones were display ready. Kind of like heading to best buy and checking out the Mac section in the 1990's. Almost as if they were all messed up on purpose.

Must admit, after checking them out I feel pretty dirty. Almost as if I moved to Window's full time. I need to make a decision and thought about just buying a Verizon phone so I can hold out for January with hopes that Verizon finally gets an iPhone. But, if I had to choose today I'd grab a Droid 2 or the Incredible.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: So, I head over to Verizon yesterday...
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: August 25, 2010 07:42AM
Was it an actual Verizon Co. store or an Authorized Reseller?

Grateful11
Date: August 25, 2010 07:43AM
An actual Verizon Co. store.
Date: August 25, 2010 07:47AM
That's a shame our store nearby usually has everything going but the resellers, they're crap.

Grateful11
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: August 25, 2010 07:51AM
my mom just go the LG Ally. Its running android so the interface is the same as my brother's Droid. But hers is MUCH smaller. And rounder. I kind of like it.

Posted by: neophyte
Date: August 25, 2010 07:51AM
By locked, do you mean the screen required you to activate the phone before you could see any other screens? If so, the secret is to press near each of the four corners, going around clockwise starting with the top left corner.

The Incredible has the least battery life of any of the VZW droid phones, unless you get the extended battery made by Seiko (available on Amazon; same form factor as the original battery so no extended back cover needed).

I think it's unlikely VZW will get the iPhone before the end of 2011 for reasons I previously posted.

Not having demo phones, not knowing how to "unlock" a droid phone for demonstration purposes, and the long wait for anyone to even talk with you, are reasons to check out Authorised VZW Retailers. Same prices and better personalized service.

Full disclosure: I am a rep at Cellular Sales, the largest Premium VZW Retailer in the US. Most of our stores are east of the Mississippi, with some in KS and TX.
Date: August 25, 2010 08:05AM
Well, the Droid 2 was dead which is the one I'm seriously wanting to demo. I like the idea of having a keyboard. The Droid X was too big (very nice IMO). The Incredible was incredible but I've read that about the battery life.

Yes, the Droid X was "locked"... Was told a little while ago that's how I unlock it.

Neophyte, seeing you are a rep at a cellular store, my wife has a Katrina II (as I do) with Sprint. Which "phone" should I look at for her? She will be moved over to Verizon as well but on her own contract. She really doesn't need anything special and really just needs a phone however would be nice if she could check her personal e-mail. Just don't want a smart phone for her.
Date: August 25, 2010 08:20AM
Also, for the people who have Android phones (or blackberry's) do you guys also have iPods? Or did you move over everything (music mainly) to your Android phones?
Date: August 25, 2010 08:21AM
We're due for new phones in Feb. '11 and I'd like to have a simple cell phone, problem is it seems no one
carries them anymore. Just a non-flip phone is all I want. I have an LG Env2 now that I'm not crazy about,
some of the buttons are already dispressed downward and I don't even use it that much.

Something like this with decent size buttons:

Grateful11
Posted by: Rolando
Date: August 25, 2010 08:30AM
I just wish Apple would license iTunes to these phone manufacturers! I'd pay an extra $20-$50 for a cellphone that had a Nano built into it!

Posted by: neophyte
Date: August 25, 2010 08:55AM
Grateful-
I hear ya. VZW doesn't carry any "candy bar" phones currently. The closest is a slider, shaped like your Env 2, which you would slide open for access to the keyboard. The LG Cosmos and the Samsung Intensity II are both sliders with number keys on the outside like yours, and neither requires a data package.

Spacescape-
All but the very low end phones (those that lack a camera and bluetooth) can access e-mail. If you meant to say you have a Katana II flip phone that meets your needs, then the LG Accolade would do you well. Reliable, good reception and battery life, camera, bluetooth. I suggest a $9.99 data package (25MB of data) to cover your email needs. Check your data usage, and if you find you use less than 5MB per month, drop the data package and pay $1.99 per MB (or part thereof).

I have to go in to work now, and the internet is blocked there for all but VZW stuff, so I'll check this thread again tonight.
Posted by: mikebw
Date: August 25, 2010 04:10PM
My wife recently got the LG Ally to replace her Blackberry Pearl, she seems to like it quite a bit so far. She tried the Incredible and the Droid X
but found them to be too large.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 216
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020