advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

AAPL stock: $105.22 ( +0.39 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
2013 House Budget "The Path to Prosperity: A Blueprint for American Renewal" - here it is!
Posted by: SDGuy
Date: March 20, 2012 11:42AM
"For years, both political parties have made empty promises to the American people. Unfortunately, the President refuses to take responsibility for avoiding the debt-fueled crisis before us. Instead, his policies have put us on the path to debt and decline...We reject the broken politics of the past. The American people deserve real solutions and honest leadership. That’s what we’re delivering with our budget, The Path to Prosperity. House Republicans are advancing a plan of action for American renewal."

It's all here...

Haven't had time to digest the contents, but I really have a problem with obviously partisan rhetoric being hosted on a .gov server...all the webpage needs to say it "here's the House proposed budget for FY2013", and nothing else...
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 2013 House Budget "The Path to Prosperity: A Blueprint for American Renewal" - here it is!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 20, 2012 11:49AM
Wow, if you go to the home page it looks like it's Paul Ryan's web site. I have to confess, I have no idea if this is normal or not. Does the House Committee of the Budget page always look like a campaign site?

Re: 2013 House Budget "The Path to Prosperity: A Blueprint for American Renewal" - here it is!
Posted by: Grace62
Date: March 20, 2012 12:01PM
It does look like a campaign site, a really goofy campaign site.

What I've heard of this budget is major slashing of social programs, sounds DOA in the Senate. With election 2012 coming up I doubt the Congress will perform any better this year than they did last. They could even be worse, though it's tough to imagine.
1-2% approval ratings? I guess it's possible.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 20, 2012 12:04PM
Here's [budget.house.gov] as it looks today:

and here it is in 2007:
Date: March 20, 2012 12:12PM
Having Paul Ryan's Twitter feed on there seems like it really crosses some kind of a line, to me.

Date: March 20, 2012 12:18PM
Spratt's page doesn't look political at all. I don't see any attacks on President Bush.
I knew Mr. Spratt growing up, he is a friend of my parents. Great guy, but no Democrat like him can get elected in South Carolina now.

He's a conservative Dem, Yale and Oxford educated. Voted for the health care bill, so of course he was run out of Congress. Shame.
Posted by: Acer
Date: March 20, 2012 01:27PM
Have we finally established that the debt is the primary cause of high oil prices, high unemployment, collapse of the housing market, increased income disparity and the heartbreak of psoriasis?
Posted by: Ted King
Date: March 20, 2012 01:33PM
The House Republican budget ideas are essentially "Growth through austerity". Never mind that the countries that have tried to get growth through austerity are failing so the empirical evidence tells us it's a bogus idea - but we can't have reality getting in the way of ideology. Unfortunately, growth through austerity sounds like a good idea in a kitchen table sort of way, so a lot of voters will be attracted to the idea - especially the white winners in the economic competition game. What they should keep in mind is that sitting around the kitchen table trying to figure out a way to deal with a family debt crisis, they don't start by saying, "Let's lose some of the jobs we've been doing." A family losing jobs doesn't help the family in dealing with its debt and going the austerity route that puts people out of work won't help with the national debt situation. It just makes it worse.
Date: March 20, 2012 01:35PM
Acer
Have we finally established that the debt is the primary cause of high oil prices, high unemployment, collapse of the housing market, increased income disparity and the heartbreak of psoriasis?

jest smiley
Perfect.
Date: March 20, 2012 01:35PM
+1

Date: March 20, 2012 01:37PM
Ted King
The House Republican budget ideas are essentially "Growth through austerity". Never mind that the countries that have tried to get growth through austerity are failing so the empirical evidence tells us it's a bogus idea - but we can't have reality getting in the way of ideology. Unfortunately, growth through austerity sounds like a good idea in a kitchen table sort of way, so a lot of voters will be attracted to the idea - especially the white winners in the economic competition game. What they should keep in mind is that sitting around the kitchen table trying to figure out a way to deal with a family debt crisis, they don't start by saying, "Let's lose some of the jobs we've been doing." A family losing jobs doesn't help the family in dealing with its debt and going the austerity route that puts people out of work won't help with the national debt situation. It just makes it worse.

agree. Fortunately our Congress is too dysfunctional to actually pass this or any budget, so we'll just carry on as we have without the newer austerity measures, now wrecking havoc in the UK and elsewhere.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login