advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

AAPL stock: $99.99 ( -0.54 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Suspected voter fraud? There's an app for that!
Posted by: Gutenberg
Date: March 22, 2012 10:10AM
Hey, everybody! Do you suspect that black/Hispanic guy in the booth next to you isn't eligible to vote! There's an app for that!

The conservative American Majority Action will unveil an app next Thursday for conservatives with smartphones to report suspected incidents of voter fraud. The big kickoff is at the National Press Club in DC.

Here's the release:

MEDIA ADVISORY
Photo, Audio, Video Opportunity

CONSERVATIVE GROUP TO UNVEIL NEW SOFTWARE SOLUTION TO COMBAT DNC, LEFT’S HIGH-TECH INFRASTRUCTURE

WHAT: Press conference, unveiling and demonstration of new all-in-one, high-tech campaign management solution for America’s conservative grassroots. The technology will provide conservatives at the grassroots level their first technology advantage over their more progressive counterparts in more than a decade.

WHO: Drew Ryun, President of American Majority Action
Bill Hogsett President of Political Gravity Inc
Ned Ryun, President of American Majority

WHERE: The National Press Club, Lisagor Room
529 14th Street NW
Washington, DC
202-662-7500

WHEN: Next Thursday, March 29th
10AM – 11AM

RSVP: TBasile@EmpireStrategy.com
917-579-2216

ABOUT AMERICAN MAJORITY ACTION
American Majority Action is a 501c4 that promotes the free market and American individualism. AM Action believes that when American citizens engage in the political process, real change happens. Through independent expenditures, AM Action implements winning GOTV plans in targeted areas across the country. In 2010 the organization had amazing success teaming with local tea party groups for its Liberty Headquarters project, winning 24 out of 27 races. AM Action believes the process does not end there, and engages grassroots activists in strategies to hold elected officials accountable after the election season. AM Action recently worked closely with local tea party leaders in defeating the Pickens’ Plan, also known as the NAT GAS Act, both in the United States House and Senate.

ABOUT GRAVITY
Gravity is a powerful, affordable, user-friendly voter database tool that is empowering the conservative movement using the latest technology. Unlike other campaign software tools built on a top down model, Gravity is built from the ground up, using the building blocks of precincts to empower candidates from City Council to Congress. Gravity is a total campaign solution for any level campaign or organization. Gravity gives candidates and organizations the ability to reach the right voters with the right message to compete with the Left and win.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Suspected voter fraud? There's an app for that!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 22, 2012 10:13AM
After one election cycle with AMAction being inundated with hundreds if not thousands of ludicrous reports regarding dark-skinned peoples at the polls, I predict this app is going to disappear.

Posted by: billb
Date: March 22, 2012 10:29AM
Be the first on your block, maybe even your commune
[americanmajorityaction.org]
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 22, 2012 10:32AM
Is it really that hard to believe that a majority of people may vote for a non-conservative candidate? They just can't let go of this "rampant voter fraud!" thing, can they?
Posted by: lafinfil
Date: March 22, 2012 10:38AM
I downloaded that App but I think it must still be beta. It kept telling me that Indiana Secretary of State Charlie White was committing voter fraud. I mean how crazy is that ?

Posted by: Grace62
Date: March 22, 2012 10:42AM
lafinfil
I downloaded that App but I think it must still be beta. It kept telling me that Indiana Secretary of State Charlie White was committing voter fraud. I mean how crazy is that ?

ftw smiley
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 22, 2012 11:03AM

Our polling places require that all cell phones be turned OFF before entering the voting area.

An important note here.. during the 2004 election, Democratic Party operatives in Cleveland told voters that they should have their cell phones on taking pictures to report any suspected polling fraud.

Your party is just jealous because they didn't develop an app first !!!!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 22, 2012 11:06AM
Voter fraud is just another exaggerated problem to keep the base all jazzed up.

Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 22, 2012 12:05PM
Meh. As $tevie pointed out, this is much ado about nothing. Another opportunity to incite suspicion and citizens-reporting-on-citizens. How East Germany, 1960. Charming.

Also, in case it's not clear to everyone already, the National Press Club is just an event venue. Anyone can rent space and have an 'announcement' there. I realize that most people probably already know this, but i've encountered folks who think that events there are somehow vetted for content by some authority. If the check clears, you're good.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: rankandfile
Date: March 22, 2012 02:54PM
I could have used an app like that on any of several past elections here to report the kid(s) who walked out of the building with voting terminals and put the terminals in the trunk of a car. Or the technician from the voting machine manufacturer who told the poll auditors what the vote count was during the random audit to investigate voting anomalies.
Posted by: Gutenberg
Date: March 22, 2012 03:39PM
Lux Interior
Is it really that hard to believe that a majority of people may vote for a non-conservative candidate? They just can't let go of this "rampant voter fraud!" thing, can they?

Geez. Didn't you know that the only reason the righties lose an election, any election, is because the lefties cheat? You have been out of the country too long.
Posted by: Spock
Date: March 22, 2012 03:48PM
In Florida, if you feel threatened by the possibility that someone is voting fraudulently, shoot them.

Comedy Central: Best news channel that isn't a news channel.

Fox News: Best comedy channel that isn't a comedy channel.
Posted by: Sam3
Date: March 22, 2012 06:18PM
I downloaded and read their pdf guide and, short of the "examples", this is something that can cut both ways, long lines, polling places staying open late, etc. could have been attributed to the conservative's last election "voter fraud prevention" agenda.

I say "bring it on" the left can use this app and guide just as effectively as can the right.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login