Deals | News | Forums

AAPL stock: $111.78 ( -0.87 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
In preparation for Obama's next term...
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 28, 2012 03:16PM
...I updated this graphic that swampy proudly posted ages ago:

Anyway, it has been my opinion that the economy, or the perceived direction the economy is taking will decide the 2012 election. So far, it seems that things have been improving overall.

I don't really give Obama any credit for this, but, hey "It's the economy, stupid."

Barring an October surprise, I think we will see Obama being sworn in for a second term in January 2013.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: In preparation for Obama's next term...
Posted by: hal
Date: March 28, 2012 03:42PM
WTF is that chart? No way is the US economy growing at 13% - not even close. Since we can't see the left of the chart, we don't know what it's charting...

Looks more like California unemployment more than anything else I can think of...
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 28, 2012 03:51PM
Don't forget that he can give away missile defense treaties to the Rooskies after he gets re-elected, as promised to his Comradeski Dmitry big grin smiley

So add a few 'shroom clouds or a nice flashback '80's Hammer and Sickle to that pic. patriot smiley devil smiley

[www.csmonitor.com]
Posted by: decay
Date: March 28, 2012 03:52PM

---
I buy records. Getting rid of some? Let me know.
Posted by: Black
Date: March 28, 2012 05:02PM
decay

I won't ask what your search terms were . . .

MR/F Guestmap: [www.mapservices.org]
Posted by: Grace62
Date: March 28, 2012 05:30PM
hal
WTF is that chart? No way is the US economy growing at 13% - not even close. Since we can't see the left of the chart, we don't know what it's charting...

Looks more like California unemployment more than anything else I can think of...

It's the stock market. the right hand column is thousands, not percent.
Date: March 28, 2012 05:33PM
CNN poll out today has Obama up over Romney nationally 54 to 43%. A big move in polls towards Obama since the winter.

And Obama approval over 50%, which in electoral terms always seems to be the magic number.

[politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com]
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 28, 2012 05:55PM
Say it isn't so, Joe. Say it isn't so.
Posted by: decay
Date: March 28, 2012 06:00PM
i saw that Urkel Jerks image posted on Facebook, i think.

the original search term wouldn't be good, either:

Posted by: Greg
Date: March 28, 2012 06:21PM
decay
i saw that Urkel Jerks image posted on Facebook, i think.

the original search term wouldn't be good, either:

Tank Girl?
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 29, 2012 01:56AM
hal
WTF is that chart?

Grace got it. It's the DJIA from Jan 2009 to today.

I even included the (now relatively) small dip from the first few months of the Obama presidency that conservatives loved to crucify him for.

[tinyurl.com] (Google search)

Anyway, I was only trying to poke a little fun at the conservatives who were blaming Obama for destroying the US economy as soon as he was elected, not understanding that he wasn't even the President for another two months. At least some had the courtesy to wait until he was sworn in before blaming him. ;)

But it's just my gut feeling that he is going to be re-elected as long as things continue pretty much like they are now. Slow but steady recovery.

soup lines
free loaves of bread
five pound blocks of cheese
bags of groceries
Posted by: haikuman
Date: March 29, 2012 03:04AM
Actually this is what Grace was saying just 2 weeks ago...

Meanwhile, if Obama loses this fall.
Posted by: Grace62 [PM] [Ignore this user]
Date: March 14, 2012 12:30PM
"""A very real possibility, of course. White evangelicals are extremely motivated this year, Romney will surely choose a running mate to appease them. Could be 2004 all over again. Two polls out this week show him losing to Mitt Romney. And the Obama campaign sent out this email with an interesting message (does anyone besides me still read their Obama campaign email?)"""

“Stay Hungry Stay Foolish"
Steve Jobs

"There are only two mantras yum and yuk mine is yum "
Bernard Mickey Wrangle<>Tom Robbins<> "Still Life With Woodpecker"

"There is a fine line between a rut and a groove"
G.D. Kittredge III

"

Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 29, 2012 09:11AM
Discussing politics is like discussing the weather, things can change hourly.

BTW, your non-stop stalking of Grace is getting old, Rudie. Let up for God's sake.

Date: March 29, 2012 10:09AM
If you or Grace or anyone else posts BS Stevie I may find it necessary to mention it.
Simple stuff.

We are all responsible for our posts. If you can not stand the heat perhaps
remove yourself from the kitchen.

You also may want to clean up your own garden before you start taking my inventory .
Just a thought *(:>*

In this post I was addressing the the re-election issue as I did previously.
If you are in for a penny me thinks you are in for a pound.

Spinning my post as stalking makes it all about you and Grace not the issue at hand.
Completely different stuff *(:>*

Rudie

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 10:23AM by haikuman.
Date: March 29, 2012 11:02AM
Agreed in toto, Lux - and I enjoyed your nod to Decay's lifted homage.

PS - Tank Girl, indeed - harrumph! We shall discuss this matter in the mosh pit anon, Greg.

Lux Interior
soup lines
free loaves of bread
five pound blocks of cheese
bags of groceries
Posted by: Pam
Date: March 29, 2012 12:03PM
$tevie

BTW, your non-stop stalking of Grace is getting old, Rudie. Let up for God's sake.

Ignore this user is a wonderful and under utilized tool grinning smiley
Date: March 29, 2012 12:08PM
Pam
$tevie

I would be very happy if you and Grace ignored me instead of Pm'ing me pushing your narrow minded points of view or cursing me and threatening me when I disagree with you. Now that is stalking *(:>*

There is an inclination to gang bang folks that disagree with the "clicks" point of view on this side.
People often make comments in disgust and sarcasm like "thanks for watching my back"
These comments are the epitome of politics and not speaking your own mind but all about being swept along like trout in the stream of the company policy.

You might want to think of me as not a victim, because I do not feel like a victim, but just another nut, nearly normal, nearly nominal, with different threads *(:>*

Rudie

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 12:20PM by haikuman.
Date: March 29, 2012 12:25PM
OK, if you want to go there. Nothing private in this message, otherwise I would not put it in the comment section, and I will never publish any of your comments to me, that'd be very rude, but it shows that your characterization above is a little off Rudie.

Re: Are you down with NJ flying the flag at half-mast for Whitney Houston?
To: haikuman
02/19/2012 09:20AM
We have many ways to honor people in this world. There is no shortage of honors, in fact, we go a bit overboard with the blue ribbons and trophies I think. New Jersey has many, many ways to honor it's daughter, Whitney Houston, that are more permanent and require much more effort than lowering the flag.

I'm disappointed that you won't allow for an opinion different from your own. The point of the political forum is to share different points of view, and learn from one another. I accept that you think it was an appropriate gesture to lower the US flag for Whitney Houston. I disagree. There is really not much else to say, so let's let it go.

Your friend,
Grace

In reply to [forums.macresource.com]
Date: March 29, 2012 12:31PM
Grace62
OK, if you want to go there. Nothing private in this message, otherwise I would not put it in the comment section, and I will never publish any of your comments to me, that'd be very rude, but it shows that your characterization above is a little off Rudie.

We have many ways to honor people in this world. There is no shortage of honors, in fact, we go a bit overboard with the blue ribbons and trophies I think. New Jersey has many, many ways to honor it's daughter, Whitney Houston, that are more permanent and require much more effort than lowering the flag.

I'm disappointed that you won't allow for an opinion different from your own. The point of the political forum is to share different points of view, and learn from one another. I accept that you think it was an appropriate gesture to lower the US flag for Whitney Houston. I disagree. There is really not much else to say, so let's let it go.

Your friend,
Grace

I am very pleased you posted this Grace it is one of your most telling posts in many ways
as you made no such issue for the lowering of the flag for Steve Jobs . Duplicity overwhelms
me . . . I am sure you can explain this with the proper spin and how it was different *(:>*

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 12:32PM by haikuman.
Date: March 29, 2012 12:42PM
How it was different? Obvious. Gov. Brown did not order that flags in California be flown at half staff for Steve Jobs. Apple can do whatever they want with their flag on their property. They can leave the flag like that all the time, or never.
They were not respondiong to an executive order from the Governor, as was the case with Whitney Brown in New Jersey. Those apply to flags flown over public buildings.
Posted by: Pam
Date: March 29, 2012 12:43PM
Grace62

Your friend,
Grace

Grace, give it up. He initiated a PM to me that lasted two replies. In that second reply I told him to never contact me again. Maybe you should do the same.
Date: March 29, 2012 12:45PM
Pam
Grace62

Your friend,
Grace

Grace, give it up. He initiated a PM to me that lasted two replies. In that second reply I told him to never contact me again. Maybe you should do the same.

You are beating a dead mule. I requested the same. Ancient history, flame on *(:>*

Your post was pulled by admins not me. Your angst and resentments seem to poison
your honesty sad stuff.

I can not imagine a woman crying wolf and playing the victim card . . . OMG . . .

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 12:52PM by haikuman.
Date: March 29, 2012 01:37PM
Grace62
How it was different? Obvious. Gov. Brown did not order that flags in California be flown at half staff for Steve Jobs. Apple can do whatever they want with their flag on their property. They can leave the flag like that all the time, or never.
They were not respondiong to an executive order from the Governor, as was the case with Whitney Brown in New Jersey. Those apply to flags flown over public buildings.

Grace you jumped on the wagon train of a very nasty racist bandwagon . . . that was distorted
by the media and people who expounded on platitudes that expose a very very narrow perspective
imnsho . As I suggested your spin has come to roost *(:>*

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 01:43PM by haikuman.
Date: March 29, 2012 01:41PM
Pam
$tevie

Well, I had hesitated to do so because haikuman has been a regular since the dealchat days. But it's gotten pretty unbearable. Too bad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 01:44PM by $tevie.
Date: March 29, 2012 01:43PM
haikuman
I would be very happy if you and Grace ignored me instead of Pm'ing me

I have never PMd you in my life. I don't PM people here when I disagree with them, I say it in public. If you have to lie to make a point, then you have lost the argument.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 01:44PM by $tevie.
Date: March 29, 2012 01:46PM
I was addressing Pams comments $tevie *(:>* Not yours

haikuman
I would be very happy if you and Grace ignored me instead of Pm'ing me
Quote Pam
"Ignore this user is a wonderful and under utilized tool "

No harm no fowl pirate smiley

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Date: March 29, 2012 01:48PM
Good bye.
Posted by: August West
Date: March 29, 2012 02:29PM

I can not imagine a woman crying wolf and playing the victim card . . . OMG . . .

Enough said.
Date: March 29, 2012 02:41PM
Well said August ~!~ if I wanted to be politically correct I would have said "anyone" pirate smiley

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2012 02:42PM by haikuman.
Posted by: mick e
Date: March 29, 2012 03:18PM

Unpaid Social Liaison
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: March 30, 2012 12:47PM
I have opinions about this thread. I'll just PM everyone.

punch smiley

Date: March 31, 2012 01:56AM
Quote:
$tevie
"""I have never PMd you in my life. I don't PM people here when I disagree with them, I say it in public. If you have to lie to make a point, then you have lost the argument."

You and I both know I have never pm'd you or you me . . .
What happened in this discourse is you jumped to a conclusion and an assumption I was talking about you.

Part of that is due to the fact you have a chip on your shoulder because you also have recently had posts pulled. So you thought / imagined I was talking about you. Your hair trigger personality prompted you to call me liar. Just because you speak your mind in public chat does not make your statements true.

Calling people a liar and or telling them to F$%K off in public forums including chat is perhaps living in a
world that is archaic and possibly bourgeois. Clearly it is not about setting the bar very high. ymmv

Steve Jobs

G.D. Kittredge III

"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 38
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 322 on December 17, 2014