advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

AAPL stock: $102.25 ( +0.12 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Any chance of Zimmerman leaving the country?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 11, 2012 12:19AM
He hasn't been charged with anything. I assume he could just hop on a plane with an expedited passport. He probably looks different than the "mug shot" that is all over the internet, which would keep him from casually being recognized. I read that a decision on an indictment might be coming in 3 days. I think his mother is from Peru. He knows he's guilty of at least manslaughter. Especially if he has friends and family in Peru, it might be a wise decision.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Any chance of Zimmerman leaving the country?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 11, 2012 12:39AM
If he does he takes daddy with him, I doubt that'll happen.
Posted by: Pops
Date: April 11, 2012 07:15AM
Dennis S
He knows he's guilty of at least manslaughter.
That's a stretch, given Florida law.
Posted by: Spock
Date: April 11, 2012 07:50AM
Dennis S
He knows he's guilty of at least manslaughter.

Hey Dennis, can you post a link to where you got your crystal ball. Was it expensive?

Comedy Central: Best news channel that isn't a news channel.

Fox News: Best comedy channel that isn't a comedy channel.
Posted by: the_poochies
Date: April 11, 2012 09:24AM
[en.wikipedia.org]
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 11, 2012 10:06AM
Dennis S
He hasn't been charged with anything. I assume he could just hop on a plane with an expedited passport. He probably looks different than the "mug shot" that is all over the internet, which would keep him from casually being recognized. I read that a decision on an indictment might be coming in 3 days. I think his mother is from Peru. He knows he's guilty of at least manslaughter. Especially if he has friends and family in Peru, it might be a wise decision.

Skipping the country while a high profile suspect in a homicide investigation isn't a good plan - but Dennis S you are wondering the same things as a lot of other people. He certainly has the resources, likely more from his new paypal donations site, and the motivation to flee. He does have a wife, is she in hiding too?

Zimmerman knows if he told the police the truth or not, and he'd have a good idea if manslaughter or 2nd degree murder charges might be coming, or not. It's very bizarre that his ersatz legal representatives don't know where he is and described him as "far away from Florida" and possibly mentally unbalanced. And trying to arrange a meeting with the prosecutor without an attorney present is really weird not to mention very dumb.

If he is charged this week, and a lot of people think there's a good chance he will be, we hope he does the right thing and turns himself in. After all, if he's innocent under Florida law as his supporters have claimed, he should welcome the opportunity to clear his name.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: April 11, 2012 11:13AM
Peru and the U.S. have an extradition treaty, so while it would be a PITA, the government could get Zimmerman back should he go there.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 12, 2012 12:01AM
This phase is done. He's been charged and voluntarily turned himself in. Stay tuned but don't expect a lot, the gears revolve much too slowly for the media.
By the time this gets to trial, if it ever does, your current HS Sophomore will be a Junior. He/she'll be a grad student long before the appeal process (should there be one) ends.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2012 12:01AM by RgrF.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login