advertisement
Deals | News | Forums

AAPL stock: $97.03 ( -0.16 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Allan West for Vice President? Here's my vote!
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 22, 2012 09:14AM
The Players:

Nezar Hamze is the Executive Director of CAIR (Council on American-Islamic Relations).

Allan West is a Congressman from Florida. Mr. Hamze waded into this discussion with congressman West in attack mode with typical Muslim misinformed bravado.
Do you know any career politician who has the background and guts who could have handled Nezar better?

You can just see it. N. Hamze thought he would be dealing with a another typical American PC pantywaist politician who panders to anyone and any cause to get a votes.

[youtu.be]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Allan West for Vice President? Here's my vote!
Posted by: rgG
Date: April 22, 2012 09:19AM
with typical Muslim misinformed bravado.

Sounds like a totally unbiased person writing this, doesn't it?

Alpharetta, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: beagledave
Date: April 22, 2012 09:20AM
You really have this habit of using quotes from other web sites without any attribution (or even quote marks to indicate that someone else besides you wrote the statements)
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 22, 2012 09:31AM
Oh. Another
That's from this website:
[america-wake-up.com]

With this banner:

"America-Wake-Up
This is a library of News Events not reported by the Main Stream Media documenting & connecting the dots on How the Obama Marxist Liberal agenda is destroying America."
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 22, 2012 09:41AM
Yes, this is the type of intelligent, thoughtful, productive dialogue that we need more of between citizens and our highest gov't officials:

"At a townhall meeting hosted by Congressman Allen West on Monday evening in Pompano Beach, the Q&A segment of the meeting featured a Koran wielding Nezar Hamze, Executive Director of the Council for American Islamic Relations (CAIR). Hamze confronted Congressman West and asked him to point out where in the Koran does it give marching orders to Muslims “to carry out attacks against Americans and innocent people”. West quickly pointed out that the Koran was written long before America even existed and that it does indeed tell believers to kill infidels, and then proceeded to chronicle a lengthy list of historical Muslim acts of aggression. Congressman West closed his retort by referencing the Fort Hood shootings and 9-11 attacks, saying that his first hand experiences on the battlefield has given him insight into the tactics that Islamists use before telling Hamze not to “try to blow sunshine up my butt” with his criticism of him. West took offense to Hamze’s amateurish criticism of his stance on radical Islam and concluded by telling Mr. Hamze to “put the microphone down and go home.”
[shark-tank.net]

Look no further Mr. Romney. Allen West for Vice President!
Posted by: Pam
Date: April 22, 2012 10:09AM
The right can't hold it's minions in line without fear of the boogeyman. And when the boogeyman isn't enough, it stereotypes others to increase the fear.
Posted by: swampy
Date: April 22, 2012 11:02AM
Wow! Allan West continues to impress me with his depth of knowledge and concise delivery on so many of today's important issues. We need more public servants like him. His ability to cut to the chase and get to the heart of the matter is refreshing when compared to Obama's long winded BS teleprompted orations.

If you don't stand for something, you'll probably fall for anything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2012 11:03AM by swampy.
Posted by: decay
Date: April 22, 2012 11:13AM
red flag: Congressman from Florida

---
I buy records. Getting rid of some? Let me know.
Posted by: Uncle Wig
Date: April 22, 2012 11:25AM
samintx waded into this discussion . . . in attack mode with typical samintx misinformed bravado

[www.flickr.com] [picasaweb.google.com]
Posted by: Black
Date: April 22, 2012 12:46PM
rgG
with typical Muslim misinformed bravado.

Sounds like a totally unbiased person writing this, doesn't it?
Maybe she has lots of ballsy Muslim friends?

MR/F Guestmap: [www.mapservices.org]
Date: April 22, 2012 12:50PM
It may be too late in the thread for this-- but if you're already feeling hopeless about the future of this country, don't watch that video...

Date: April 22, 2012 12:51PM
Uncle Wig
samintx waded into this discussion . . . in attack mode with typical samintx misinformed bravado
Suzanne doesn't revisit these dump-and-runs so there's really no point in responding with barbs.

Posted by: mattkime
Date: April 22, 2012 01:34PM
Allan West fails the "blander than Romney" test.

VTPKL it!
Posted by: Seacrest
Date: April 22, 2012 01:58PM
I for one, would love Allan West to be the GOP's choice for Veep.

Live from Berserkeley, California | Originally from the City of Brotherly Freakin' Love | WEEEEEEEEEE! Stuff, yo.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 22, 2012 02:15PM
If he will name the 80 communists in congress, I'll mail him $35.
Posted by: john dough
Date: April 22, 2012 02:42PM
swampy
Wow! Allan West continues to impress me with his depth of knowledge and concise delivery on so many of today's important issues. We need more public servants like him. His ability to cut to the chase and get to the heart of the matter is refreshing when compared to Obama's long winded BS teleprompted orations.

I would take a "long-winded" Obama over Romney/West and the crap that falls out their mouth.

Swamp, if you make less than $200K and you vote for Romney, you are a fool.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2012 02:43PM by john dough.
Date: April 22, 2012 03:38PM
swampy

Didn't you also get all out of breath and weak in the knees about Herman Cain? You can really pick 'em.
Posted by: hal
Date: April 22, 2012 03:52PM
I can't believe that STILL every muslim is seen as evil because of the actions of a few nutcases. This idiot rattles off ALL of the battles and killing done in the name of Allah, but seems completely ignorant of all of the killing done in God's name.

Clearly - religious nutcases are very, very bad... but are all Christians evil because of what was done during the crusades or in OKC...

Or Norway???

Why not Breivik for VP??? This guy REALLY hates Muslims and is willing to die to prove it...
Posted by: Chakravartin
Date: April 22, 2012 05:36PM
hal
I can't believe that STILL every muslim is seen as evil because of the actions of a few nutcases. This idiot rattles off ALL of the battles and killing done in the name of Allah, but seems completely ignorant of all of the killing done in God's name.

I'm confused by that statement.

Killing done in the name of Allah is not killing in God's name?
Date: April 22, 2012 05:59PM
Chakravartin
hal

Not hard to figure out what he meant. If you weighed all the killing done in the name of Islam against all the killing done in the name of Christianity, it would barely rank.

Date: April 22, 2012 06:00PM
hal
I can't believe that STILL every muslim is seen as evil because of the actions of a few nutcases.

Only by nutcases.

Date: April 22, 2012 06:16PM
Black
Chakravartin
hal

Not hard to figure out what he meant. If you weighed all the killing done in the name of Islam against all the killing done in the name of Christianity, it would barely rank.

Yeah, but for that sentence to make sense in that way, the only real God would have to be a Christian god.

Kind of a strange assumption to drop in a post that otherwise seems to be in favor of tolerance and open-mindedness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2012 06:23PM by Chakravartin.
Posted by: Pops
Date: April 22, 2012 06:19PM
hal
... but are all Christians evil because of what was done during the crusades or in OKC...

I don't know about Christians, but what about Mormons?
Date: April 22, 2012 06:29PM
Chakravartin
hal

Telling christians that praying to god is that same as praying to allah causes heads to explode. I'm just trying to avoid a mess.
Date: April 22, 2012 06:32PM
hal
Chakravartin
hal

Telling christians that praying to god is that same as praying to allah causes heads to explode. I'm just trying to avoid a mess.

Christians in many nations explicitly pray to Allah.

[en.wikipedia.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2012 06:32PM by Chakravartin.
Date: April 22, 2012 06:47PM
Chakravartin
hal
Chakravartin
hal

[en.wikipedia.org]

What is your point in all of this? Why are you taking this tangent and running with it?
Date: April 22, 2012 06:59PM
hal
Chakravartin
hal
Chakravartin
hal

[en.wikipedia.org]

What is your point in all of this? Why are you taking this tangent and running with it?

I'm not running with it.

I pointed out an interesting turn of phrase in the previous post.

Any particular reason you feel the need to go on about it?

If not, I'm fine leaving things right here.
Posted by: mick e
Date: April 22, 2012 08:18PM
swampy is a proven liar on these boards. Savvy MRFers know to never believe a single thing she posts.

Unpaid Social Liaison
Date: April 24, 2012 12:36PM
Dennis S
swampy

Didn't you also get all out of breath and weak in the knees about Herman Cain? You can really pick 'em.

I guess I'm still considered a racist around here for those two picks?

Date: April 24, 2012 02:58PM
swampy
Dennis S
swampy

I guess I'm still considered a racist around here for those two picks?

Who said anything about racism? You picked two screwballs. But since you brought it up, I think you tipped just your hand.
Date: April 24, 2012 04:10PM
Yep, just as I thought. You still think I'm a racist. You really can't have it both ways, Dennis.

Posted by: decay
Date: April 24, 2012 10:48PM
dumbassery comes in all colors.

---
I buy records. Getting rid of some? Let me know.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: April 27, 2012 05:56PM
[picture_of_dozens_of_republican_heroes_including_reagan_using_a_teleprompter.jpg]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login