advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $156.25 ( +0.27 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Body language experts analyze last night's debate
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 10, 2016 05:41PM
I thought this was pretty interesting, their take on Trump's sniffing is that it's part of his aggressive alpha male lion stuff.

[www.washingtonpost.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Body language experts analyze last night's debate
Posted by: $tevie
Date: October 10, 2016 05:47PM
We were discussing this earlier on Facebook. It was interesting how some people found his wandering to be aggressive, while others felt Hillary had invaded his space and forced him to move around as a defensive posture.

Posted by: beagledave
Date: October 10, 2016 05:51PM
She did the same thing that he husband did in his town hall. When she moves forward toward the audience, it automatically frames him in the background, with his scowl and pacing. No split screen for a lot of that time.

The more I think about her performance, the more impressed I am. She never got baited. She never "attacked" a lot, but she didn't need to. She connected the dots from the hot mic to Khan et al. She addressed that "30 year" thing that Trump kept doing at the last debate.

The one thing that I wish she would have done, is to be more specific on the numbers and KINDS of GOP folks who refuse to support the dumpster fire.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: October 10, 2016 06:18PM
I agree with these analysts that her smile was a little inappropriate at times - a completely unnatural reaction to what was being said.

But she comes across as warm and caring in addition to smart and serious, authentic and powerful. He's just a bully.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: October 10, 2016 06:37PM

Sinister stalker spotted lurking in background at Sunday debate
Posted by: Janit
Date: October 10, 2016 06:48PM
Lemon Drop
I agree with these analysts that her smile was a little inappropriate at times - a completely unnatural reaction to what was being said.

But she comes across as warm and caring in addition to smart and serious, authentic and powerful. He's just a bully.

I interpret those smiles as "here we go again," which feels pretty appropriate to me. In many ways she's in a double-bind --women are supposed to smile, and if she doesn't the face will be interpreted as bitchy. Sigh.
Posted by: vision63
Date: October 10, 2016 09:34PM
I'm sure she's Sun Tzu'ing him all over the place by visualizing the entire debate (and possibly the entire election) knowing full well how it's going to go. She's knows her strengths and weaknesses. He's an instinctual man which makes him easy to battle. It's a rich irony since his book was called "The Art of the Deal."
Posted by: mspace
Date: October 11, 2016 11:33AM
I thought she had gone to the next level already. She was very physically grounded and confident in what she was going to do and say. As if she was already "there".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 255
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015