advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Jobs ! Jobs ! Try telling a city that depends on Healthcare.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 16, 2017 08:52AM
[www.cleveland.com]

"CLEVELAND, Ohio -- The city's biggest hospital systems warned Sunday that if Congress repeals Obamacare without a sound replacement, patients will suffer and the hospitals could face financial losses.

The cost to Northeast Ohio's economy could be steep, they said, and require job cuts. Statewide, an analysis for the American Hospital Association warns of Ohio hospital losses totaling $15 billion between 2018 and 2026."

You DO realize that all Congress has to do it change the name from "Obamacare" to "TrumpCares", and it will all be fine. Right ? devil smiley
Maybe a little gold plating will help too... you can use the fake stuff in a spray can.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Jobs ! Jobs ! Try telling a city that depends on Healthcare.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: January 16, 2017 09:53AM
New mascot for TrumpCare:

cbelt3
You DO realize that all Congress has to do it change the name from "Obamacare" to "TrumpCares", and it will all be fine. Right ? devil smiley
Maybe a little gold plating will help too... you can use the fake stuff in a spray can.
Posted by: modelamac
Date: January 16, 2017 12:38PM
cbelt3,

Did anyone ask how they got along before ObamaCare?

Remember how when you were little
you could just rip off your diaper and
just run around naked and everyone
thought it was so cute and funny?

Anyway, I need bail money.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 16, 2017 01:27PM
modelamac
cbelt3,

There's been a huge amount of growth in the last 6 years. With more patients in the pipeline, business has been good.

And when those patients stop coming, so will be the business.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 16, 2017 02:36PM
cbelt3
modelamac
cbelt3,

There's been a huge amount of growth in the last 6 years. With more patients in the pipeline, business has been good.

Same thing happened at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. They announced a $6B expansion about a year ago. I have not heard what, if any, changes they may make once Obamacare goes away. pdq?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2017 02:37PM by Speedy.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: January 16, 2017 03:08PM
Can you still get a job at Winfred-Lauder?
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 16, 2017 03:29PM
Speedy
cbelt3
modelamac
cbelt3,

Same thing happened at the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minn. They announced a $6B expansion about a year ago. I have not heard what, if any, changes they may make once Obamacare goes away. pdq?

I dunno, Speedy. My guess is that they're big enough and have a large enough referral population (read: folks who can pay) that they'll be okay, although it wouldn't surprise me if they slowed down their expansion plans until they see what shakes out.

I think the hospitals that are potentially at danger are those with a large indigent population; some of said population may have scored actual paying health insurance under O'Care. If those folks get tossed back off, they become charity care. Money loss at county/public hospitals will eventually be backstopped by taxpayers (again). But any private hospitals with higher indigent-care numbers would likely get squeezed and have little recourse.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 16, 2017 04:10PM
Rural hospitals in Arkansas are doing well after our Republican governor continued the Medicaid option.
Posted by: Octave Doctor
Date: January 17, 2017 01:26AM
Here, the WVU hospital has been on a big expansion kick. Given our usual situation, they won't want to see ACA go away, either. Just as long as I can avoid being a patient, again.
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: January 17, 2017 06:58AM
cbelt3

They still have to repeal or reform some token element of the ACA.

I suggest that they remove the part that gives states discretion to specify minimum insurance coverage and pricing under the exchanges.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 213
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020