advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $140.64 ( -0.28 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"I have no information that supports those tweets," the F.B.I. director said of President Trump's charge that Barack Obama wiretapped him
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 20, 2017 10:22AM
Yup, that's what he said.

"I have no information that supports those tweets," the F.B.I. director said of President Trump's charge that Barack Obama wiretapped him.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "I have no information that supports those tweets," the F.B.I. director said of President Trump's charge that Barack Obama wiretapped him
Posted by: Pam
Date: March 20, 2017 10:28AM
What pisses me off is Gowdy focusing on leaks and wanting to tie them to Obama instead of the tall pole of Russian hacking and Trump conspiring with Russia. Forget all of the Russia connections and influence, it's all Obama's fault! Country is obviously not first in the GOP. The GOP is more important than country.
Re: "I have no information that supports those tweets," the F.B.I. director said of President Trump's charge that Barack Obama wiretapped him
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 20, 2017 10:34AM
“I have no information that supports those tweets, and we have looked carefully inside the FBI,” Comey said. He added that the Justice Department had also looked for evidence to support the president’s allegation and could not find any."
- [www.politico.com]
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 20, 2017 10:42AM
But that's not surprising, as discussed by Paul Krugman in his column today:

This administration operates under the doctrine of Trumpal infallibility: Nothing the president says is wrong, whether it’s his false claim that he won the popular vote or his assertion that the historically low murder rate is at a record high. No error is ever admitted. And there is never anything to apologize for.

O.K., at this point it’s not news that the commander in chief of the world’s most powerful military is a man you wouldn’t trust to park your car or feed your cat. Thanks, Comey. But Mr. Trump’s pathological inability to accept responsibility is just the culmination of a trend. American politics — at least on one side of the aisle — is suffering from an epidemic of infallibility, of powerful people who never, ever admit to making a mistake.
Date: March 20, 2017 10:49AM
House Intel Chair Nunez, earlier:

“Numerous current and former officials have leaked purportedly classified information in connection to these questions,” Mr. Nunes said. “We aim to determine who has leaked or facilitated leaks of classified information so that these individuals can be brought to justice.”

Pay no attention to the fact the current POTUS is unhinged and unapologetically and repeatedly insulting our best and most loyal allies. We must shoot any messenger who has confirmed our president is bonkers.
Posted by: Pam
Date: March 20, 2017 10:51AM
Oh good grief now Nunes wants to look for collusion with the Clinton campaign and the Clinton Foundation and Russia. Geesus!
Date: March 20, 2017 10:58AM
NSA chief confirms:

The N.S.A., chief, Admiral Rogers, weighed in as well, saying that he had no knowledge of anyone asking the British or any other ally to wiretap Mr. Trump. That refuted another claim made by the White House.

I’ve seen nothing on the N.S.A. side that we engaged in such activity nor that anyone engaged in such activity,” Admiral Rogers said.

He then explicitly denied having any indication that Mr. Trump was wiretapped by British intelligence at the request of Mr. Obama.

So, does "senior judicial analyst" Andrew Napolitano, the guy who floated such BS, apologize? Pay any price for insulting the Brits with his fake news? Lose his job?

Of course not! This is Fox News we're talking about. Their audience eats this stuff up! His star has probably risen there.
Date: March 20, 2017 11:09AM
Trump's former NSA Chief has secret ties to Russia? No biggie. Promises that the sanctions will end when Trump gets in? Never mind about that.

What Trey Gowdy dearly wants to do is shoot the messenger:

Representative Trey Gowdy, Republican of South Carolina and Mrs. Clinton’s Grand Benghazi Inquisitor, has turned into the Inspector Javert of intelligence leaks. And who is he blaming? Much of the Obama administration — including Barack Obama himself.

...He also listed out a series of news reports from The New York Times and The Washington Post that detailed information gleaned from classified intercepts of the calls between Mr. Flynn and Sergey I. Kislyak, the Russian ambassador.

Mr. Gowdy, in a question to Mr. Comey, asked: “Unauthorized dissemination [of confidential information] is punishable by felony up to 10 years in federal prison, [right?]"

These weasels are a parody of themselves.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 218
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015