advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
STSS (S(tuff) That Spicer Says): Trump Campaign Chairman played a 'limited role'
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 20, 2017 01:34PM
In today's press briefing. Soon to be featured on SNL. Because "Spicey" Is just AWESOME !

Briefing might show up here.
[www.whitehouse.gov]

Might not. Will definitely be sanitized.

Or is it just Weaponized Irony ?

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: STSS (S(tuff) That Spicer Says): Trump Campaign Chairman played a 'limited role'
Posted by: Ammo
Date: March 20, 2017 01:43PM
And another one
And another one
And another one under the bus

(With apologies to Queen)

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower
Re: STSS (S(tuff) That Spicer Says): Trump Campaign Chairman played a 'limited role'
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 20, 2017 02:28PM
...played a limited role in what?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 20, 2017 02:29PM
pdq

In selling out the USA to Comrade Putin.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 20, 2017 02:33PM
What are you talking about cbelt?
Posted by: steve...
Date: March 20, 2017 03:26PM
pdq

Sean Spicer’s laughable effort to distance President Trump from Paul Manafort

...the White House press secretary actually described Manafort as having "played a very limited role for a very limited amount of time."

Washington Post

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/20/2017 03:27PM by steve....
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 20, 2017 04:56PM
... and also described Flynn as "a volunteer" during the campaign. You know, same as any college kid making cold calls to potential voters.
Posted by: davester
Date: March 20, 2017 06:03PM
Preemptive damage control sure looks like guilt to me.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 20, 2017 09:21PM
Pres. Trump will get away with this crap as long as the Republicans control both houses of Congress.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: btfc
Date: March 20, 2017 10:20PM
' Q I'd like to try to clarify two things. In the future, when you, from that podium, read from news articles or cite news articles, can we assume that you're vouching for the accuracy of those articles?

MR. SPICER: I think merely reading a story that's in a paper is not vouching for it, it's reading the story.

Q It doesn’t put a White House --

MR. SPICER: No. I think reading a series of things when asked a question, "where is this narrative coming from," and citing a multitude of stories that are in the public domain is not necessarily endorsing everything I read. That's a silly assertion. We're reading stories that you and your colleagues -- and not necessarily you at National Journal -- have put out, but several people in here whose publication have put something out. Simply reciting those things is not an endorsement. '
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 21, 2017 07:58AM
Speedy
Pres. Trump will get away with this crap as long as the Republicans control both houses of Congress.

Yes.

As long as he's useful.

Eventually the smell of the rotting flesh will cause them to amputate the gangrenous limb to save themselves.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 21, 2017 12:29PM
The Russia thing is his Achilles heel. His base may like Putin but they don't want Russians running our country.

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: March 21, 2017 01:01PM
$tevie
The Russia thing is his Achilles heel. His base may like Putin but they don't want Russians running our country.

I think the Deplorables are too stupid to grasp that.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: March 21, 2017 09:47PM
Exactly Dennis. They didn't care about it during the election, and they won't now. The only thing that'll hurt Trump if a critical mass of the population and/or his own party turns their back towards him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015