advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $140.92 ( -0.50 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Ivanka Trump gets West Wing office but will not be a government employee with a salary.
Posted by: steve...
Date: March 20, 2017 06:19PM
Ivanka Trump’s role, according to her attorney Jamie Gorelick, will be to serve as the president’s “eyes and ears” while providing broad-ranging advice, not just limited to women’s empowerment issues.

Politico

Maybe she and Jared can keep Bannon under control.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ivanka Trump gets West Wing office but will not be a government employee with a salary.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 20, 2017 06:52PM
Who will keep HER under control. I don't trust her one bit!
Re: Ivanka Trump gets West Wing office but will not be a government employee with a salary.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 20, 2017 07:06PM
Doubling as a sales office for cheesy dresses and shoes?
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 20, 2017 07:21PM
In an alternate universe, Chelsea Clinton was going to get a private office in the West Wing just to hang around and give advice to her mom, but conservatives had such a cow about it that the plan was abandoned...
Date: March 20, 2017 08:16PM
I hate to be the voice of reason here, but...

What makes you think Ivanka knows anything more about being president, running the country and dealing with the world than her unstable old man? She's an over-privileged, greedy fashion hooker...hardly qualifications for dispensing any competent cosmic advice.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 20, 2017 09:18PM
Steve G.

What makes you think Ivanka knows anything more about being president, running the country and dealing with the world than her unstable old man? She's an over-privileged, greedy fashion hooker...hardly qualifications for dispensing any competent cosmic advice.

What steve... said: to keep Bannon, Miller, Reince and the other neo-Nazis in check.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Date: March 20, 2017 09:28PM
but she knows even less than Donald.
Date: March 20, 2017 09:29PM
Steve G.
but she knows even less than Donald.

Is that even possible?

Posted by: max
Date: March 21, 2017 04:58AM
Steve G.

She's an over-privileged, greedy fashion hooker...hardly qualifications for dispensing any competent cosmic advice.

Talk about raging antisemitism, stereotyping a well educated woman just because of her ancestry
is it not amazing SteveG, that Trump will allow an orthodox Jewish woman right next door to him?.....

Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 21, 2017 07:19AM
Family members (usually WIVES, though) giving behind-the-scenes advice (or more accurately, opinion) is nothing new.

But for today's First Family, lacking competency, tact, decorum, and credibility, they might as well just give her a desk in the Oval Office.
Posted by: Lizabeth
Date: March 21, 2017 07:47AM
I think the wrong Trump ran for President - Ivanka might have been a better choice.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 21, 2017 07:56AM
Lizabeth
I think the wrong Trump ran for President - Ivanka might have been a better choice.

Barron would have been better.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 21, 2017 08:06AM
Lux Interior
Lizabeth

Barron would have been better.

at the very least, Barron would have been more mature

"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing" -- Socrates
“I’m, like, a really smart person.” -- Donald Trump
Date: March 21, 2017 10:35AM
Daddy Don is readying her new office even as we speak...

Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 21, 2017 11:13AM
She is not as stupid nor as volatile as her old man. I guarantee she is there to sit in on meetings and try to bring conversations back on topic when Daddy's mind starts wandering off into the weeds. "Yes, Hillary is awful, Dad, but right now we're talking about the budget."
Date: March 21, 2017 11:21AM
$tevie
She is not as stupid nor as volatile as her old man. I guarantee she is there to sit in on meetings and try to bring conversations back on topic when Daddy's mind starts wandering off into the weeds. "Yes, Hillary is awful, Dad, but right now we're talking about the budget."

Sounds good, but there is no evidence to believe that.
Date: March 21, 2017 11:37AM
Steve G.
$tevie

Sounds good, but there is no evidence to believe that.

She doesn't act out in public, so that tells me she is far better at optics than her old man. Upon reflection, she has stumbled badly but she doesn't have public hissy fits.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2017 11:38AM by $tevie.
Date: March 21, 2017 11:37AM
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 21, 2017 12:07PM
There's a lot of things she can't get prosecuted for if she isn't a paid employee.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: March 21, 2017 12:24PM
Not being paid allows her to skirt the Federal anti-nepotism laws, same as for her husband.

Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 21, 2017 01:47PM
....why is a President's.....'daughter'.....allowed to participate in the Presidency....??

.....sounds ridiculous to me......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: billb
Date: March 21, 2017 05:51PM
and the liberal misogynistic war on women goes on ...

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin

BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2017 05:52PM by billb.
Date: March 21, 2017 06:13PM
Would you care to enumerate Ivanka's political and domestic and foreign policy formation experience, bill?
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: March 21, 2017 08:28PM
billb
and the liberal misogynistic war on women goes on ...

or do you protest that people should not claim that...

billb
All resistance to Palin or Hillary is sexism.

It's all so confusing isn't it billb.
Date: March 21, 2017 08:48PM
$tevie
Not being paid allows her to skirt the Federal anti-nepotism laws, same as for her husband.

I think that is still an open question. Here is the law:

[www.law.cornell.edu]

Getting paid is part but not the whole.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 144
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015