advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $144.53 ( +0.89 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
The Brits wanted Trump.. they got Trump
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 16, 2017 06:07AM
Trump is insisting on a ride in the Queen’s gold-plated royal carriage during his visit next fall.

Rather than travel in his armored limo (which is flown in on an Air Force C-17), the President wants to ride in the horse drawn carriage while moving through downtown London.

British security is not pleased with the request. It will require shutting down large areas of central London, and numerous security personnel over an extended period (horses are slow). Very large numbers are anti-Trump demonstrations are expected throughout his visit - nearly two million British citizens signed a petition opposing his state visit. Security is concerned as the carriage is not secure against attack - armor piercing rounds or an RPG would cut right through it.

I wonder if he will ask to wear the crown too. RollingEyesSmiley5

[www.mirror.co.uk]

"The only true wisdom is knowing you know nothing" -- Socrates
“I’m, like, a really smart person.” -- Donald Trump
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The Brits wanted Trump.. they got Trump
Posted by: mstudio
Date: April 16, 2017 07:37AM
He may change his mind when he finds out there is no air-horn to toot.
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 16, 2017 07:38AM
I think it is only fitting he ride in the gold carriage and wear all the trappings of a king. After all he IS a king. Come one,England, let the child have his way.smiley-gen081

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2017 07:39AM by samintx.
Posted by: billb
Date: April 16, 2017 08:08AM

The Phorum Wall keeps us safe from illegal characters and words
The doorstep to the temple of wisdom is the knowledge of one's own ignorance. -Benjamin Franklin

BOYCOTT YOPLAIT [www.noyoplait.com]
[soundcloud.com]
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 16, 2017 08:09AM
mstudio
He may change his mind when he finds out there is no air-horn to toot.
smileys with beer
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 16, 2017 08:15AM
From the article, as well as its source, it's clear that riding in the buggy is an option available to any head of state. Some do, some don't, making Trump no different in that regard.

They seem to make some distinction between open and closed buggy, but of course that wouldn't matter to an attack.

This is perfect, actually. The horses will move slowly enough that Trump will be able to see plenty of protesters along the route. And then of course he can tweet out that compliant next morning, while saying the buggy ride was "nice."
Date: April 16, 2017 08:20AM
deckeda
And then of course he can tweet out that compliant next morning, while saying the buggy ride was "nice."

Actually, he'll say it was the biggest crowd ever.
Posted by: steve...
Date: April 16, 2017 10:20AM
If only we could go a day without the POTUS embarrassing us all.

Date: April 16, 2017 10:24AM
Ain't gonna happen.
Posted by: gabester
Date: April 16, 2017 10:58AM
To subject those hardworking men and horses to the anger and frustration of the crowd at their own powerlessness to stop the insanity that is this toilet bowl of doom we seem to be swirling around seems patently unfair and inhuman.

Trump Resign!
Posted by: GGD
Date: April 16, 2017 11:24AM
He's just waiting for the right opportunity to jump out of the carriage, rip his shirt off and mount one of the horses.

Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 16, 2017 12:05PM
baby, I'm a dreamer, found my horse and carriage...
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 16, 2017 04:34PM
GGD
He's just waiting for the right opportunity to jump out of the carriage, rip his shirt off and mount one of the horses.

Did you say 'mount'?

“I’m automatically attracted to beautiful women—I just start kissing them,” said Trump back in 2005. “It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything. Grab ‘em by the puxxy.”

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: April 16, 2017 06:05PM
deckeda
From the article, as well as its source, it's clear that riding in the buggy is an option available to any head of state. Some do, some don't, making Trump no different in that regard.

They seem to make some distinction between open and closed buggy, but of course that wouldn't matter to an attack.

This is perfect, actually. The horses will move slowly enough that Trump will be able to see plenty of protesters along the route. And then of course he can tweet out that compliant next morning, while saying the buggy ride was "nice."

I vote for open carriage!

And yes, this is not some fever dream of Trump's, it is always an option for a head of state.

Posted by: vision63
Date: April 17, 2017 11:08AM
$tevie
deckeda

I vote for open carriage!

And yes, this is not some fever dream of Trump's, it is always an option for a head of state.

Bring me the head of state!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 276
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015