advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"Our patience is running out" says VP
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 17, 2017 08:23AM
Exactly what does this mean, folks? Why is the VP saying this in Korea? What happened to diplomacy?

Strategic Patience? this is a new phrase in 45's gifted lexicon.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Our patience is running out" says VP
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 17, 2017 09:32AM
Empty threats until you do something. Such tactics haven't worked out for the past 30 years. I hope the Trumpeteers have a new idea or two.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 17, 2017 09:57AM
I'm on mixed feelings on this. I'm terrified about what will occur if hostilities break out, but it is really about time that something is done.

Ask Chamberlain how that whole diplomatic "peace in our time worked out."

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld
Posted by: Sam3
Date: April 17, 2017 10:02AM
Ombligo
I'm on mixed feelings on this. I'm terrified about what will occur if hostilities break out, but it is really about time that something is done.

The difference is that Hitler was on the move and occupying other countries while Chamberlain was trying appeasement diplomacy, while North Korea is only saber rattling, they aren't aggressively occupying other countries.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 17, 2017 10:06AM
N Korea is in a great space... So Korea is in the middle of a regime change with the existing power structure collapsing. The US is in the clutches of a regime that is uncharacteristically anarchistic. A perfect time to finish the war.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: April 17, 2017 10:15AM
I don't what the U.S. can do without causing the deaths of millions of innocent S. Koreans. What's inexplicable to me is the apparent lack of results from Chinese pressure on N. Korea. China doesn't want to see military action that close to home.

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower
Posted by: Octave Doctor
Date: April 17, 2017 10:29AM
Pence-il is tired of watching duds go sputtering, he can't retaliate until the North actually pulls something off.
Date: April 17, 2017 10:51AM
OMG I cannot imagine what a war breaking out with N.K. What would happen to Seoul, Japan and our soldiers.smiley-talk034
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 17, 2017 11:00AM
Ombligo

You are demonstrating WEAKNESS. You want THESE EVIL, IMMORAL, RACIST people to to have even a slight stab at unwinding the status of a potential nuclear power (am I exaggerating here? NO!) Even a little bit? Mike Pence is the brain here? This hateful, intolerable man who demonstrates no love but for his own kind?

THIS is our president now! (with apologies to Jethro, who I guarantee would make a finer president).

You can send your retraction to me later.

v63
Posted by: gabester
Date: April 17, 2017 01:55PM
Truthfully, it is past time for something to have been done about North Korea. Their famine in the 90s was proved the illegitimacy of the regime's concern for its people and by inaction, the world's inaction to provoke change at that time will be something the people of NK will eventually learn about and hate the rest of the world for allowing.

It's one thing for these world powers' leaders to engage in proxy fights... but to perpetuate the suffering of so many instead of risking a little loss of status or perception in the world's esteem is unacceptable.

Just as we should be ashamed of now allowing such privation and suffering in Syria now.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: April 17, 2017 02:17PM
Kim Jong-Un is testing Trump. pure and simple. It would be a mistake to fall for his goading and react with military or even rhetorical anger. Trump has the same personality as Kim and the two of them can easily create a huge mess, so wiser heads need to prevail. This is exactly why Obama acted as if Kim didn't exist; now Kim has our attention and he is going to get worse and worse, not better.

Posted by: Dennis S
Date: April 17, 2017 02:19PM
$tevie
Kim Jong-Un is testing Trump. pure and simple. It would be a mistake to fall for his goading and react with military or even rhetorical anger. Trump has the same personality as Kim and the two of them can easily create a huge mess, so wiser heads need to prevail. This is exactly why Obama acted as if Kim didn't exist; now Kim has our attention and he is going to get worse and worse, not better.

The word "goaded" comes to mind.
Posted by: J Marston
Date: April 17, 2017 04:14PM
The calculus is pretty easy:

1) We can't take out North Korea's nukes or all their missiles: they're too heavily shielded.

2) We can strike at some facilities. If we do, the question is simple:

a) Will they strike back, yes or no.

b) If yes, millions will die, including, quite probably, the 30,000 or so Americans soldiers there.

c) If no, then bombs away.

But I don't think many people believe it is worth the risk. I think this is just Kim Jong-un and Trump waving their d*cks at one another. The one in the hot seat is China, which is getting dragged into a great power confrontation that they very much want to avoid.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 17, 2017 05:54PM
WTF is the point of creating some war with NK? To save its citizens from their regime?
Date: April 17, 2017 06:31PM
deckeda
WTF is the point of creating some war with NK? To save its citizens from their regime?

The word I read is the majority are for the boy with the funny haircut. They have been indoctrinated
for 3 generations and are all for their leader. So I would not count being received with glad to see you.
Date: April 17, 2017 07:59PM
samintx
deckeda

The word I read is the majority are for the boy with the funny haircut. They have been indoctrinated
for 3 generations and are all for their leader. So I would not count being received with glad to see you.

Their only sense of significance on the global stage is the significance that the leader provides. Everybody on earth wants to be significant and to be filled with pride.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2017 08:00PM by vision63.
Posted by: btfc
Date: April 17, 2017 09:27PM
"All your base are belong to us"

'Trump Inherits a Secret Cyberwar Against North Korean Missiles'

[www.nytimes.com]

'North Korea's embarrassing missile failure may have been due to US cyber sabotage'

[www.businessinsider.com]
Posted by: $tevie
Date: April 17, 2017 10:19PM
Cyber sabotage is the way to go, definitely. And go back to publicly ignoring him.

Posted by: gabester
Date: April 18, 2017 05:22AM
Hey remember the five party talks? You do remember who that other party is, right?
Just sayin... This is likely another part of their endgame to decapitate western ideals and power.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: April 18, 2017 09:15AM
samintx
So I would not count being received with glad to see you.

"The read we get on the people of Iraq North Korea is there is no question but what they want to get rid of Saddam Hussein Kim Jong-un and they will welcome as liberators the United States when we come to do that."
Date: April 18, 2017 02:40PM
And **** Pence's patience!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015