advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Erdogan joins Trump in fight against mysterious enemies.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 17, 2017 10:01AM
Nothing like a good set of enemies, even if you have to invent them. (Just like Tiny does)

Erdogan says he had to fight powerful nations
[hosted.ap.org]
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says he was forced to put a tough fight against the "powerful nations of the world" who opposed his campaign for a yes vote in a referendum to expand the powers of his office.

Addressing supporters at Ankara airport Monday on his arrival from Istanbul, Erdogan said he was "attacked" by nations with the "crusader mentality" as well as by their supporters inside Turkey.

It was not clear if he was aiming at European nations, including Germany and the Netherlands, where authorities restricted government ministers' plans to hold campaign rallies to court Turkish expatriate votes.

Erdogan said: "We did not give in, we did not give up. As a nation we stood strong."
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Erdogan joins Trump in fight against mysterious enemies.
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 17, 2017 10:47AM
I am wondering what is going to happen with Turkey now that Erdogan has almost a lifetime gig. Will 45 cozy up to him? I can't remember when the world was all sitting on pins and needles like it is now.
Re: Erdogan joins Trump in fight against mysterious enemies.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 17, 2017 10:56AM
samintx
I am wondering what is going to happen with Turkey now that Erdogan has almost a lifetime gig. Will 45 cozy up to him? I can't remember when the world was all sitting on pins and needles like it is now.
Turkey has been a dictatorship before. However... one cannot predict what 45 will tweet, much less do.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 130
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015