advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Confirmed: O'Reilly Out at Fox
Posted by: Ammo
Date: April 19, 2017 01:56PM
I'm surprised. Of course, Fox is Fox. They recently signed him to a new contract knowing that the NYT was about to run a story about all of the harassment payouts they had previously made on his behalf. It wasn't until all the outcry after the story broke that they decided to fire him.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Always remember that your present situation is not your final destination.

"The opposite for courage is not cowardice, it is conformity. Even a dead fish can go with the flow." Jim Hightower

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2017 02:03PM by Ammo.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Confirmed: O'Reilly Out at Fox
Posted by: $tevie
Date: April 19, 2017 02:02PM
I'm not. The ratio of monetary-payouts-vs-advertisers-payments went the wrong way for him to survive.

Plus I think the younger Murdoch wants to purge FOX of these guys that only appeal to old people.

Posted by: GGD
Date: April 19, 2017 02:03PM
Directly from the horse's orifice if you can trust their reporting.

[www.foxnews.com]

Fox News is cutting ties with Bill O’Reilly, the biggest star in its 20-year history, after mounting allegations of sexual harassment and inappropriate behavior prompted the network to end his program.

“After a thorough and careful review of the allegations,” parent company 21st Century Fox said in a statement, “the company and Bill O’Reilly have agreed that Bill O’Reilly will not be returning to the Fox News Channel.”

Today’s decision seemed unimaginable a few short weeks ago, given O’Reilly’s long reign as the top-rated host in cable news.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 19, 2017 02:09PM
.....if only this would work to get rid of DT.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 19, 2017 02:10PM
Sitting in the Oval Office on April 5, President Donald Trump told the New York Times that O’Reilly was "a person I know well" and "a good person," and that he didn't think "Bill did anything wrong.”

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2017 02:12PM by Steve G..
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 19, 2017 02:20PM
....didn't read the entire article but they just reupped him [ I think I read somewhere ], so they probably still have to pay out his contract, so he gets money and doesn't have to work.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 19, 2017 03:49PM
But who will read the right's predigested talking points (ie wingnut Powerpoint) now?

Posted by: vision63
Date: April 19, 2017 04:06PM
$tevie
I'm not. The ratio of monetary-payouts-vs-advertisers-payments went the wrong way for him to survive.

Plus I think the younger Murdoch wants to purge FOX of these guys that only appeal to old people.

...proving what Wallace's little brother said 15 years ago in the 8th episode of The Wire is as true about the Murdochs as it was about drug bosses: [The] Count be wrong, they **** you up."
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 19, 2017 05:53PM
"O'Reilly was photographed in Rome shaking Pope Francis' hand on Wednesday.

On Wednesday, he was seated in the VIP section, where a photographer from the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano snapped a photo of Francis reaching out to shake his hand. Francis always swings by the VIP seats at the end of his audience for a quick round of handshakes."
-source: AP
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 19, 2017 10:46PM
$tevie

This^. An opportunity too good to pass up.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015