advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $156.00 ( -2.729 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Sean Spicer can’t name a single legislative accomplishment for Trump’s first 100 days
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 19, 2017 08:24PM
Sean Spicer can’t name a single legislative accomplishment for Trump’s first 100 days
By Tommy Christopher April 19, 2017 [shareblue.com]

Donald Trump was humiliated by his own White House press secretary, Sean Spicer, who was unable to name a single Trump agenda item that has passed legislatively as his first 100 days in office come to a close.
CNN

Donald Trump’s first 100 days in office will wind down in just over a week, and when the inevitable political hot takes are written, the most devastating critique will likely come from inside the White House.

At the White House daily briefing, reporter George Condon asked Press Secretary Sean Spicer to name a single legislative accomplishment from Trump’s agenda that he could boast when the 100-day mark hits.

Spicer failed spectacularly, offering an excuse right out of the — “We’re not done yet,” he said — and finally citing just one bill, which was actually sponsored by a Democrat.

CONDON: Looking ahead to the 100-day mark and setting an side executive orders, can you say what the single piece of legislation that you are proudest that you got through the Congress that was on the president’s agenda?

SPICER: Well, a few things on that. Number one, we’re not done. We’ve got a little days before we hit the 100-day mark. So I think what you’ve seen out of this White House is a very robust agenda of activity. There’s a lot of executive orders that I think the president’s been pleased with, not only what they’ve done or what they will do, but what they’ve done. When you look at immigration in particular, we see a fairly significant drop at the border. I think on jobs, there’s been a lot of activity that we’ve been very proud to see. American manufacturing and job creation. But then there’s pieces like what we did today, that I think if you’re a veteran who served our country, to know that you have additional options to get health care in a timely manner, or not just — but a geographically friendly manner so you’re not driving hours is very helpful and a strong symbol of how we treat our veterans.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Sean Spicer can’t name a single legislative accomplishment for Trump’s first 100 days
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 19, 2017 08:40PM
Breaking...

USS Carl Vinson headed....somewhere.
Re: Sean Spicer can’t name a single legislative accomplishment for Trump’s first 100 days
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 19, 2017 09:15PM
Seems like a question for the President, not a spokesperson to interpret.
Posted by: hal
Date: April 19, 2017 09:54PM
not "can't" - more like, "didn't"

that site was about as unbiased as foxnews
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 19, 2017 10:00PM
^^ Bingo.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 20, 2017 07:51AM
deckeda
Seems like a question for the President, not a spokesperson to interpret.
And yet... 45 is LESS capable of answering questions coherently than anyone. Unless it's about cake. mmm... cake...
Posted by: $tevie
Date: April 20, 2017 11:20AM
Trump’s inaugural cake was commissioned to look exactly like Obama’s, baker says
[www.washingtonpost.com]

Posted by: pdq
Date: April 20, 2017 02:00PM
hal

So he has had legislative accomplishments?

Oh, yeah. I forgot:

Trump signs bill reversing Obama rule to ban gun purchases by mentally ill

Trump signs repeal of rule to protect waterways from coal mining waste

Trump Signs Law Taking Aim at Planned Parenthood Funding
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 20, 2017 02:16PM
Well, this is timely:

What Trump told The Post he’d get done in his first 90 days

Trump: What I would do — and before I talk about legislation, because I think frankly this is more important — number one, it’s going to be a very big tax cut."

Um. How did the Don think he was going to cut taxes without legislation?

Trump: "...what would you do in the first 90 days? I would immediately start renegotiating our trade deals with Mexico, China, Japan and all of these countries that are just absolutely destroying us.

Costa: So renegotiate trade deals and have a tax cut. That would be your first 100 days?

Trump: Renegotiate trade deals and renegotiate military deals.

Costa: Real quick on trade deals …

Trump: And by the way, and renegotiate with NATO. And renegotiate with Japan …

You can imagine how the fact-checking went on evaluating those goals.

And there was one more thing:

Before he was inaugurated, Trump made an additional 90-day pledge on Twitter. Within that window, he said, he’d release “a full report on hacking” related to Russian efforts to influence the 2016 election.

ROTFL
Posted by: hal
Date: April 20, 2017 02:22PM
I just think it's silly to concentrate on silliness when there is serious @#$%& going on.

pdq
hal

So he has had legislative accomplishments?

Oh, yeah. I forgot:

Trump signs bill reversing Obama rule to ban gun purchases by mentally ill

Trump signs repeal of rule to protect waterways from coal mining waste

Trump Signs Law Taking Aim at Planned Parenthood Funding
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 282
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015