advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $150.06 ( -1.83 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Folks, I'm afraid Trump has us over a barrel
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 13, 2017 04:30PM
He'll pick someone like Cornyn to head the FBI, the Senate will ram him through, and he'll end or slow the FBI investigation. The House investigation is pretty much ended. The Senate can fall apart at any minute. There will be no special prosecutor, or at least not a reliable one. There will never be an impeachment much less a Senate conviction. 2018, you say? The election fraud commission will throw more Democrats off the rolls. There is something fishy going on with the census. Right wing media is getting stronger every day. There will be no Republicans doing the right thing.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Folks, I'm afraid Trump has us over a barrel
Posted by: hal
Date: May 13, 2017 04:36PM
I think you're wrong. And a little paranoid :-)
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 13, 2017 04:39PM
Some understood how dire the consequences of losing would be. Some did not fully comprehend it. Those "second" some are prepared to undercut efforts in 2018 "and" 2020 with bs. Weapon up and focus. Fight all enemies against our democracy. We battled hundreds of years to be what we are and have what we have. Don't give it away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2017 04:41PM by vision63.
Posted by: Onamuji
Date: May 13, 2017 04:48PM
You seem to be suggesting that Trump has a plan... Which goes against the proposition that he's an imbecile.

All evidence is that he's just an imbecile who stumbled into the presidency because of a constituency that's even dumber than he is.

Date: May 13, 2017 05:11PM
Jeff Sessions is basically over the FBI. McConnell is over the Senate. Ryan is over the House. They have the Supreme Court and that could get worse any minute. The people are lazy and ignorant and a few protests won't do anything if the above mentioned won't act. Like I said, the Republicans will force Trump's FBI Director on us. Who is going to level any charges and make them stick?
Date: May 13, 2017 05:37PM
Dennis S
Jeff Sessions is basically over the FBI. McConnell is over the Senate. Ryan is over the House. They have the Supreme Court and that could get worse any minute. The people are lazy and ignorant and a few protests won't do anything if the above mentioned won't act. Like I said, the Republicans will force Trump's FBI Director on us. Who is going to level any charges and make them stick?

We have the courts and that's about it. Soon, he'll appoint lots of federal judges. The GOP is covering his butt. Traitors.
Posted by: Pam
Date: May 13, 2017 05:42PM
Have faith. Trump cannot stop another Deep Throat nor can he stop our allies who also have intel. Personally I don't think it will get that far. Trump cannot fire the AG of NY either. And state crimes cannot be pardoned by the president.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 13, 2017 05:54PM
The Fourth and Fifth Estates
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 13, 2017 06:09PM
Please God not Cronyn. I never voted for him in Tx he is such a ...nothing and doesn't seem to be for things I'm for...
As I recall he cam out with both barrels for 45.
Date: May 13, 2017 06:47PM
Pam
Have faith. Trump cannot stop another Deep Throat nor can he stop our allies who also have intel. Personally I don't think it will get that far. Trump cannot fire the AG of NY either. And state crimes cannot be pardoned by the president.

What can the NY AG do?
Posted by: Pam
Date: May 13, 2017 06:56PM
Dennis S
Pam

What can the NY AG do?

Press money laundering charges for any transactions that went through NY banks. They do have a lot of banks smiling smiley
Posted by: numbered
Date: May 13, 2017 07:10PM
Dennis S
What can the NY AG do?

Because NY is the world's financial center, almost any crime committed with money falls under the jurisdiction of NY state. Even it it only passed through Citi on the way to the Caymans....

The NY AG Schneiderman hired the guy Preet Bharara had working on the Trump case. I would not be surprised if a number of interesting files accompanied him to his new gig.

We have every reason to be anxious about the moment. But there are also some indications that Trump cannot control everything.
Date: May 13, 2017 07:30PM
numbered
Dennis S
What can the NY AG do?

Because NY is the world's financial center, almost any crime committed with money falls under the jurisdiction of NY state. Even it it only passed through Citi on the way to the Caymans....

The NY AG Schneiderman hired the guy Preet Bharara had working on the Trump case. I would not be surprised if a number of interesting files accompanied him to his new gig.

We have every reason to be anxious about the moment. But there are also some indications that Trump cannot control everything.

It's also about all the careerists covering for Trump for their own ends.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 200
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015