advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $153.34 ( -0.46 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Interesting interview w former DOJ spokesman re Comey
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 17, 2017 05:11PM
...entitled The guy who predicted Comey’s memos thinks Comey may be trying to take down Trump

"...Comey could [have] handled this one of two ways: The president makes this request, and the first time Comey might say to him, ‘You know, Mr. President, it’s inappropriate for us to have this conversation, and I would appreciate if you would not make a request like this to me again.’ That’s a way to handle it that says very clearly to the president that this should never be repeated.

But if you’re trying to build an obstruction-of-justice case, you might want the president to keep talking, because everything he does is digging a deeper legal hole for himself...maybe Comey was actually trying to build an obstruction-of-justice case against the president here."

He talks about Comey being the center of attention

"I think he is a man of integrity, but he also thinks of himself very much as a man of integrity and likes the spotlight that highlights that. And he’s going to enjoy the spotlight of a congressional hearing when he inevitably testifies…"

and finally looks forward and tries to guess what comes next.

"One of the tests of the next few days is whether DOJ will try and block the FBI from turning these over to Congress. I think we can guess that the FBI, left to its own devices, is going to want to turn them over, but Sessions and Rosenstein may try to block that."

popcorn smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Interesting interview w former DOJ spokesman re Comey
Posted by: davester
Date: May 17, 2017 10:24PM
...or not.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Options:  Reply • Quote
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 235
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015