advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: $143.73 ( -2.09 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
More breaking news - fmr GOP majority leader in 2016: "I think Putin pays Trump"
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 17, 2017 05:28PM
...and Paul Ryan said "ssh!"

No, really!

A month before Donald Trump clinched the Republican nomination, one of his closest allies in Congress — House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy — made a politically explosive assertion in a private conversation on Capitol Hill with his fellow GOP leaders: that Trump could be the beneficiary of payments from Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“There’s two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump,” McCarthy (R-Calif.) said, according to a recording of the June 15, 2016 exchange, which was listened to and verified by The Washington Post. Rep. Dana Rohrabacher is a Californian Republican known in Congress as a fervent defender of Putin and Russia.

House Speaker Paul D. Ryan immediately interjected, stopping the conversation from further exploring McCarthy’s assertion, and swore the Republicans present to secrecy.

OMG. It's just pols BS'ing, but it sure would make an interesting audio news piece, doncha think?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: More breaking news - fmr GOP majority leader in 2016: "I think Putin pays Trump"
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 17, 2017 06:15PM
That's an interesting story. Down towards the end it talks about the reasons for the DNC hack was to get embarrassing oppo. research material on 45 to maybe use it as blackmail. Maybe the DNC really didn't know what they had.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Re: More breaking news - fmr GOP majority leader in 2016: "I think Putin pays Trump"
Date: May 17, 2017 06:32PM
Instructive exchange vis-a-vis the current WH technique of deny-then-admit-but-deflect:

When initially asked to comment on the exchange, Brendan Buck, a spokesman for Ryan, said: “That never happened,” and Matt Sparks, a spokesman for McCarthy, said: “The idea that McCarthy would assert this is absurd and false.”

After being told that The Post would cite a recording of the exchange, Buck, speaking for the GOP House leadership, said: “This entire year-old exchange was clearly an attempt at humor. No one believed the majority leader was seriously asserting that Donald Trump or any of our members were being paid by the Russians. What’s more, the speaker and leadership team have repeatedly spoken out against Russia’s interference in our election, and the House continues to investigate that activity.”

“This was a failed attempt at humor,” Sparks said.

Geez, there must be a standard GOP playbook that both the WH and the Congress operates from!
Date: May 17, 2017 06:41PM
...and Paul Ryan sounds like a mafia boss:

“No leaks, alright?,” Ryan said, adding: “This is how we know we’re a real family here.”

“That’s how you know that we’re tight,” Scalise said.

What’s said in the family stays in the family,” Ryan added.

Capiche?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 183
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015