Forums

AAPL stock: $160.95 ( -0.65 )

*Cached every 60 seconds. For live updating, Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
State Dept communications advisor: "Give up your sources!"
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 17, 2017 09:26PM
Facebook rant about the State Department:

Monday night, as the story of the President giving classified information to the Russians was in full evolution, I get a call from...RC Hammond, the State Department’s communications advisor, who ... kicked off the conversation with a venomously irate “What the hell are you doing??!!" Followed up with full-on DEMANDS—over and over, and over again—to tell him who my sources were. He kept pushing, as if he thought this was ample reason. Then, “Why won’t you tell me who they are?” he bellowed repeatedly, again demanding I at least tell him what jobs they held at State, or in what areas.

I had to explain to him that wasn’t how it worked.

This, mind you, is someone employed by the US government to act as a communications professional. But he went for another approach: personal attacks. Saying I was losing the “shred of credibility I had left,” etc. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish here, but next came Hammond’s final attempt: threats.
That he would make sure NO ONE-- no one-- at the department would speak to me, EVER AGAIN, he proclaimed.

I asked Hammond to name one time he had ever shared information with me or responded to a single email I’ve ever sent him (this has been a problem here that has been discussed among journalists, and Hammond told me to my face two weeks ago a flat “no” when I asked him if he ever answered emails.)

“Well maybe there’s a reason for that,” he spat into the phone.

Me: “Ok and what would that be.”

Hammond: “WE don’t think you’re smart enough to HANDLE OUR information!!!!"

So when you wonder why it seems information might be a bit—ahem—lacking, contradictory, or confusing coming from your own government, just recall the immortal words of RC Hammond: “WE don’t think you’re SMART ENOUGH to HANDLE our information!!!!!”

And that should pretty much explain it.

And who was all this middle-school behavior directed at? A CNN reporter.

I absolutely love the fact that this administration leaks like a sieve, and blames everyone but themselves.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: State Dept communications advisor: "Give up your sources!"
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: May 18, 2017 12:19AM
pdq
Facebook rant about the State Department:

Monday night, as the story of the President giving classified information to the Russians was in full evolution, I get a call from...RC Hammond, the State Department’s communications advisor, who ... kicked off the conversation with a venomously irate “What the hell are you doing??!!" Followed up with full-on DEMANDS—over and over, and over again—to tell him who my sources were. He kept pushing, as if he thought this was ample reason. Then, “Why won’t you tell me who they are?” he bellowed repeatedly, again demanding I at least tell him what jobs they held at State, or in what areas.

I had to explain to him that wasn’t how it worked.

This, mind you, is someone employed by the US government to act as a communications professional. But he went for another approach: personal attacks. Saying I was losing the “shred of credibility I had left,” etc. Not sure what he was trying to accomplish here, but next came Hammond’s final attempt: threats.
That he would make sure NO ONE-- no one-- at the department would speak to me, EVER AGAIN, he proclaimed.

I asked Hammond to name one time he had ever shared information with me or responded to a single email I’ve ever sent him (this has been a problem here that has been discussed among journalists, and Hammond told me to my face two weeks ago a flat “no” when I asked him if he ever answered emails.)

“Well maybe there’s a reason for that,” he spat into the phone.

Me: “Ok and what would that be.”

Hammond: “WE don’t think you’re smart enough to HANDLE OUR information!!!!"

So when you wonder why it seems information might be a bit—ahem—lacking, contradictory, or confusing coming from your own government, just recall the immortal words of RC Hammond: “WE don’t think you’re SMART ENOUGH to HANDLE our information!!!!!”

And that should pretty much explain it.

And who was all this middle-school behavior directed at? A CNN reporter.

I absolutely love the fact that this administration leaks like a sieve, and blames everyone but themselves.

I swear, that phone rant plays out like the final courtroom scene in A Few Good Men

If only it would end as well.

=TC
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 18, 2017 09:36AM
Some day Pres. Trump will fire all his advisors and bring in people who will not leak. That will be a sad day.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 18, 2017 09:37AM
You can't HANDLE the truth !!!

Says every Trump goon everywhere.

It's like we've inherited Saddam's ministry of propaganda.
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 18, 2017 10:02AM
Speedy
Some day Pres. Trump will fire all his advisors and bring in people who will not leak. That will be a sad day.

There are nearly three thousand Executive Branch employees. The majority of them hate him.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 245
Record Number of Users: 52 on November 20, 2014
Record Number of Guests: 847 on February 04, 2015